TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through October 24, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We had a huge crowd at Second Harvest's weekly fund-raising buffet meal yesterday. Every 21 people that come through the line means FIVE HUNDRED shelter meals, so over a hundred customers means a day for rejoicing!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good going Teachmichigan.

Congratulations Tntitanfan.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Teach, you and my HS Spanish teacher must have been the best Spanish teachers ever. La Senorita (tilde over the n) Butkus was my all-time favorite teacher. I remember she was so surprised and happy when 14 of her 3rd year students signed up for 4th year Spanish. Fourteen wasn't enough for a single class, so she taught 3rd year and 4th year in the same room at the same time. I know that took a lot of work. She was an excellent teacher. The BEST.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't think anybody could teach me Spanish.

Even Rosetta Stone didn't make me feel confident.

I think some of us are language-slow.

I can't keep the vocabulary in my head.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
And others of us are math-slow. :-) Fortunately, no one has to know it all, so we can all do what we do well!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. I worked 9 hours at the market (corn maze cashier), and I got to enjoy the sun and blue sky all day long!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Cooler weather, and we had rain this morning. However, we also had sun - and it resulted in rainbows all over two counties! We had a double rainbow that arced over the entire school. They were there for over an hour! This is the end that was by the door I'm closest to:

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great pic! I love rainbows!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I love rainbows, too! That picture is amazing. I like the contrast in the sky on each side of the rainbows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Beautiful!

Mostly luck, today, but I got to see the Space Shuttle as it went between Disneyland and Huntington Beach before the last leg to LAX. Saw it twice between houses (not that it was between, just looking between), the plane was HUGE, the Shuttle was fablous!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't want to sound like a commercial but I bought a My pillow (as seen on the Infomercial) at Bed Bath and Beyond four days ago.

I have been sleeping soundly since then and have not had a crick in my neck in the morning.

Has anybody else had such a good experience with this pillow?

I had purchased an expensive pillow at Brookstone a month before and it didn't do anything for my sleep at all.

The My Pillow was $59.00 but I had a BB&B coupon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, this is great news! I am going to have to go and take a look, I have tons of BB&B coupons and would love a good pillow!!

I am constantly trying out new pillows and have not been satisfied so this sounds great.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have tried them all Dipo. I was so pleasantly surprised with this one.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't know if there's a better place to share this; but I just watched this video of the Ohio State University Marching Band and had to share it. Anyone who has ever played a video game will recognize parts of it. Even if you've never played a game, you've got to check out the galloping horse (Epona from Zelda) from about 5:58 to 6:36. It's AWESOME!

YouTube

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
HOW COOL!!! I love to watch marching bands, and since my family is originally from Ohio, I've been watching the Ohio State marching band literally all my life (my dad is a music teacher and has led marching bands in his day).

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
This video is going around Facebook too. Nobody even notices that the horse also rears at the end of running across the field. Totally cool!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Who, I noticed that! It was awesome!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just got back from a viewing for a classmate.

She was 69 and died suddenly from a heart attack. She had been making dinner, sat down on a chair and died.

Betsy was always a happy person. She lived a wonderful life.

The mood in the room was not somber at all. There were many people present and everyone had memories of having fun with her.

Her husband said her last joke was the fact that she was wearing a bathing suit today, her favorite outfit.

She will be missed because she made everybody feel like a friend.

Good bye Betsy.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Condolences (((Doc))), on the passing of your friend Betsy.

I love that name, Betsy. I like all kinds of old-fashioned names, like Polly & Molly, too.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Almost the same view as the rainbow, but today it's in full golden color:

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This was good for a belly laugh so thorough it brought tears to my eyes.

First - start this youtube video: http://youtu.be/6lE6Htee0sA

Then, scroll down reading/singing this edition of Cake Wrecks: http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/10/19/err-supply.html

It was the best medicine for a trying week.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the morning laugh, Teach. Some of those really look like nothing at all!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This may not tickle anyone's funny bone but mine, but it made me belly laugh.

Background: We're the Tigers at our school. I have a quiet, rotund sophomore in my Spanish 2 class who is just a sweetheart. He's earnest, thoughtful, works his rear off for Cs, and a very kind, quiet type of kid.

Today, I was working at the Smartboard, and moved something I shouldn't have - tried to fix it, made it worse, and had a mess. By the second "oops" I made some comment like "Oh my goodness! WHAT is going on?" and he says,

"Ease there el tigre." Oh. My. Goodness. I died laughing!! First- never heard a kid say, "Easy there tiger" to a teacher, but to add in the Spanish just sent me into giggling fits.

It totally made my day!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's funny Teach!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
LOVE that story Teach! Sounds like there is a great sense of humor under his quiet demeanor. :-)