TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Discussion: Archive through July 19, 2012 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yeah Kook...Tishala mentioned that...I was more or less adding to her post. I'm just wondering what the players' penalties will be.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Thanks Scoot. I got the info about the draft picks too late. I think 2 second rounders isn't sufficient to be honest. I'd prefer they take away 2 1st and 2 2nd rounders and vacate the SB title, which will now always be sullied anyhow.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
We disagree on that Tishala. I don't think they're SB win should be taken away. There is nothing to suggest that it's been tainted.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I remember Colossus carrying on during the Saints/Colts Superbowl that Saints players were actually trying to hurt Colts players (specifically Manning). He had said the same thing during the Vikings championship game a few weeks earlier.

I pooh-poohed it at the time. \dumbbutt award.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
GAL... HMMMM! But did they actually hurt anyone??

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
That I don't know, Scoots. I do know Manning hasn't pointed any fingers regarding his neck injuries or any other injuries, but then again he wouldn't. He's tough AND a class act. Doesn't make any excuses and leaves it on the field. \Rooting for the Broncos this year.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
BTW Scoots, I'm not rooting for the Colts to take the SB by default. We were outplayed, regardless of the extracurricular activities. That win meant a great deal to the people of New Orleans, much more-so than losing meant to the Colts and their fans. The toothpaste is out of the tube on that one - giving it to the Colts at this point would be meaningless. Particularly after they failed to retain Manning. It would be very hollow.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm with you GAL. They wouldn't be able to prove that the bounty had anything to do with the win.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I think the punishment fits. I witnessed the flagrant late hit on Steve Smith in the end zone at last fall's game in Charlotte. Steve was a good 2-3 steps into the end zone and the Saints player blindsided him. Steve jumped up because he never admits to being hurt, but that jerk could have seriously injured him. Nobody knows the long-term effect of these bounty hits, but all we have to do is watch Kurt and Brett over the next 10-20 years to see the effects.

I keep hearing people on tv and the radio (Saints fans and non-Saints fans) excusing it away because no one was "hurt" or permanently injured, I am stunned that anyone would think that is a legitimate excuse and makes it okay. Keep the SB title, but don't try to excuse the shame and disgrace of what was going on by saying no one was hurt. Look at Eric LeGrand of Rutgers, isn't that enough to make you thank God that no one was hurt by this bounty system? Yes, football is a violent game and injuries happen, but players should respect each other and not intentionally go for the kill. And the gall of the coaches to lie about it and then finally admit to it after being busted is more than enough to justify the punishment.

Sorry for the rant, but witnessing it last fall has me on my soapbox. Play us and beat us fair and square, but don't try to take out our players.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Beach...Oh I think the punishment fits, too. I'm not trying to excuse it away...I just don't think they should have the super bowl win stripped away.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Oh Scoot, my little tirade wasn't directed at you

I have been watching too much NFL network and listening to sports radio the last couple of days and the comments I heard on there are what have set my teeth on edge. I need to turn off the tv and listen to some classical music :-)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It looks (according to profootballtalk.com) like Jeremy Shockey might file suit against Warren Sapp and the NFL Network defamation for erroneously reporting that he was the "snitch" who revealed the long, sad truth of the Saints immoral practices. Makes me so conflicted because I like Sapp and dislike Shockey, but this seems like Shockey is right and Sapp deserves whatever legal action might come to him.

Also, related to the Steve Smith hit: the report says last year the Saints targeted Cam Newton, too.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Funny you should mention the Panther Saints game because I remember a really late hit in that game and I think it was even out of bounds and it wasn't Cam Newton. If I recall the Panthers gave the Saints a run for their money. I was talking to a patient about it yesterday.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Tisha and Wahmmy, there were 3 roughing the passer penalties in that game, so looking back it is obvious Cam was a target. The local channels have been replaying those plays a lot since the Cam bounty news came out. One play you can see a defensive guy going for Cam's knees and the other defensive guy trying to tackle his upper body/head in the opposite direction. A flag was thrown and the defensive players did their usual "what me?" throwing up of their hands at the ref.

It was a close game until the very end and the Panther fans were pleased with how well we played considering our rookie quarterback and our best defensive players being out on IR.

I had the pleasure of talking with my fellow Clemson Tiger DaQuan Bowers, DE for Tampa Bay, before our home game with them on Christmas Eve. I joked with him that I hope he had a good game, but please don't hurt Cam. He didn't, so I can safely say that TB doesn't have a bounty system :-)

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Interesting draft, ESPN is playing the greatest busts or prizes teams had drafted over the years when I wasn't paying much attention! Now I see why Leaf was a pain in the neck... I've started to dislike teams I used to and pull for teams I never followed much. Per season schedules it's interesting to hear who has an 'easy' 2012...
See the Detroit Lions will play neither Broncos nor Jets, which is great because I'm already so tired of the Manning & Tebow hoopla.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Packers have picked 5 of 5 defensive players so far. Redskins have picked 2 QBs.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Too many QB than needed this year! Apparently the Browns opted for better defense and a solid receiver to help out McCoy. But then drafted Weeden and say they might trade McCoy in. He didn't have a great season; neither did Romo but he doesn't have a fresh QB waiting to replace him! Another first: the Mr Irrelevant of 2012 draft is also a QB...

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
The Saints player penalties have been announced.

Scott Fujita suspended three games, Anthony Hargrove suspended eight games, Will Smith suspended four games, Jonathan Vilma suspended 1year.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Former NFL star Junior Seau dead at 43. Cops suspect suicide.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
T-Nehisi Coates, one of my favorite writers, posted a great piece about Mr Seau's death on The Atlantic: link

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently 2000 or so former players are suing the NFL for not disclosing the risks of and not doing more to prevent head injuries. Something like that.

Nino

09-20-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nino a private message Print Post    
Just checking in here to see if Whoami has set up her NFL pool game yet. When you get it all set up, Who, I'm definitely in!! How about my 2 lovely team partners? Y'all ready? I can't wait for football to begin this season! Go Cowboys!! Lol.

Bob, count me in for your football game, too, if you're hosting it this year! I really hope you are because I love your pick 3 game! I'll check back in here in a week or two to see if any games have been set up. In the meantime, I'll have the Olympics to enjoy!

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for football!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
RGIII.. cant wait to see you on the field!

Nino

09-20-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nino a private message Print Post    
Legal, you guys are really lucky to get RG III!! Being he'll be on my Cowboys biggest rival's team I can't pull for him, but I know he'll do good for y'all!