TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Gripe thread......MAJOR

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Gripe thread......MAJOR users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 16, 2019Seamonkey25 11-16-19  3:46 pm
Archive through December 10, 2019Rosie25 12-10-19  3:57 pm
Archive through June 29, 2020Mameblanche25 06-29-20  1:01 pm
Archive through September 01, 2020Karuuna25 09-01-20  7:59 am
Archive through January 02, 2021Naja25 01-02-21  10:54 am
Archive through January 10, 2021Rosie25 01-10-21  11:32 am
Archive through January 18, 2021Juju2bigdog25 01-18-21  9:36 pm
Archive through March 04, 2021Tntitanfan25 03-04-21  1:25 pm
Archive through July 14, 2022Mameblanche25 07-14-22  10:48 am
Archive through August 25, 2022Sadiesmom25 08-25-22  9:58 am
Archive through July 22, 2023Naja25 07-22-23  2:55 pm
Archive through July 28, 2023Juju2bigdog25 07-28-23  9:46 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You wouldn't believe how many people think I'm running a charity instead of renting a room. Some people with no money contact me asking of they can make an arrangement, or beg for a lower rent, or whatever. Yeah, the arrangement is full month Rent + Deposit the minute you walk in the door with your things. I'm not renting a room for fun. I'm renting because I need the money. It's very hard to say no, but I have to do it.

One girl wanted to know if I provided transportation to their job! Oh brother.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I feel better to hear that you have rules to protect yourself! I know what a kind, good-hearted soul you are and feared that you could/would be taken advantage of!!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Boundaries are good … otherwise, you’ll end up on Judge Judy!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here is the latest. I don't even know what to think. Sounds like a lot of problems would enter my life. It's like they don;t read the ad at all. It says you must work full time outside the house, or go to school full time outside the house.

Good evening ma'am. my name is -------. I am a 53 year oild single female lover of dogs with a service animal named Zoe who is my whole life. I have a love of gardening and cooking and desperately need to find a safe quiet place to lay my head every night. I've been battling homelessness for 4 years now and i cant seem to get completely on my feet before someone robs me or assaul;ts me.
I am currently not working with any clients as i am an in home health aide, and attending graduate school online at University of Arkansas Grantham for my Masters in Healthcare Administration. I receive student loan and grant money every 3 months and I plant to return to work very soon. the challenges of being homeless take up almost every once of energy i have after spending 4 hours a day studying and writing posts and papers.
I would want to pay the first two months rent up front and then return to work for my third month rent and just save up to pay it on time.
i receive my next distribution in approximately 2 weeks. please discuss any possibilities that we could work something out. i have no children, never married, and I'M A NON SMOKER

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
PLUS, I had to stop saying I would allow one dog because that would just be too much with my new dog sitting service.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The reason I gave her for the "no" is it's just because of the dog.
That it would cut into 50% of my income because the city only allows you to house 4 dogs. I have 2, and I can board 2. I would only be able to board 1 if someone moved in with a dog.
I've already made a little more this month from dog sitting than a boarder would have paid in rent.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dog sitting much better than a border :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And renters can be hard and expensive to evict.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I'll be able to manage with renting the one room and dog sitting. But I'll just leave the room ads out there in case a more suitable renter eventually shows up. I still have a year and 8 months until I can collect my passed DH's SS and I can rest a little.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
??? I have never heard of a waiting period before collecting spousal SS. I have always understood that it happened as soon as all the paper work - you know the government - was submitted and approved! Itwould be worth following up!!!!

NOT that I think you should accept this prospect@@but I would suggest you double check the "house" meaning of the law. It might mean "Overnight" which means you could still have a day care pup or two!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Definite no on that sob story, Naja. Even if all of it is true. You are most definitely not a non-profit agency. You are concentrated on maintaining YOURSELF first.

TNT, a lot of things the middle class used to be able to count on have changed in the past 7-8 years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
TNT, a surviving spouse can collect their spouse's SS at 60. And even then it's only 71%. I have checked and triple checked, as well as called.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/survivors/ifyou.html

"Certain family members may be eligible to receive monthly benefits, including a/an:

Surviving spouse age 60 or older (age 50 or older if they have a disability)."

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, and about housing more dogs, Tnt. In order for me to be able board more dogs, I would have to apply for a license. Plus, I really don't want to board more. I feel like I am spending my life keeping my life keeping my house and yard clean as it is. I've see the photos of the yards and houses of the other boarders who keep many dogs, and some of them are outright gross.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One more thing. The scariest part about waiting for the survivor's SS is praying Congress doesn't cut it in the meantime. I was lucky when it came to Medicaid because only recently Missouri took the expansion which added full coverage to women 55-64, including dental. AND without forcing them to look for work while they receive it. Any younger you have to prove you're looking for a job. But they call it "MoHealthnet".

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I hear you, Naja! My SS pays 20% of my retirement cummunity cost!I need that support!

No idea that you live in MO - so many of our fellow TVCHer's are from Cali that I just somehow figured that where you lived! My grandparents eloped to the 190? World's Fair in St. Louis, and my mom wasborn there a couple of years later. What part are you from?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm actually from Chicago, but moved to the Kansas City area in 1993 when met my DH. So I am clear across the state from St. Louis.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the new Speaker has called Social Security a "ponzi scheme". Balderdash and it really is scary, what all he stands for, including that. And wanting Ukraine to fall to Russia, yikes. Look out, Europe.

I'm in California, but I started out born in Washington DC and lived in Maryland and Virginia before we left for Detroit and 10 years later, California here we came. And was my mom happy. They could play golf year round...

I've been in 48 states and there is something to see in each of them.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am not sorry that I am in the closing years of my life! i certainly have no desire or plans to cut them short, but I am certainly sorry to look at the mess we are leaving behind. Debt, doubt, division - what a legacy!!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, November 08, 2023 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Ugh! I just typed a big long and it all disappeared. Ugh! So sick of it. I been on chat with people from apple.com about 2 hours. She sent me a link and it all started all over again! No! Not doing it! It says you need to update your information. Then it says we sent you an email. Please verify it. Then it starts over and over again. I told the second chat guy how annoying it all is.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 09, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT I hear you.. In NO hurry to leave but glad I am not 20 or 30.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2024 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just read that the CEO of PG&E, Pacific Gas & Electric here in Northern and Central California, is receiving a 20% raise this year and will make a cumulative total of $17 million. This is after my gas bill literally doubled to $300 a month last year. Do I understand about the lawsuits from the fires in California started by old and faulty equipment of PG&E? Yes. Do I understand the cost of repairing and replacing that equipment? Again, yes, but considering all that cost that PG&E is dealing with right now, how does anyone justify the the CEO getting a 20% raise?! The President of the United States doesn't even get paid what they are! I am livid with the CEO's of this country right now no matter what state they are in!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2024 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kappy. It's obscene.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2024 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed about top corporate pay. How can they possibly think they deserve those salaries?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 2:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Totally agree...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My argument has always been, it is a cost of doing business for PG&E to bury lines and maintain their poles, etc. We should not have to pay them to do their job.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
this is major for me. I just got my invoice from my pest control company, where they are only approved to deal with wasp control (I'm allergic and they are so bad where I live).

I read on my invoice that they placed mouse bait blocks on my property!!! We have nesting owls next door and this can kill them.

I'm furious!!! I messaged them and told them to come get them immediately.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Hope they do as you asked, Karuuna, in a timely manner. Good thing you read invoices. I know so many people who don't. They just look at a total and pay the bill.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
that's the thing Kappy, they didn't charge me for them just included it in my monthly service. So you're right, if I hadn't read the invoice, I would not have known!

He's already been out to pick them up. It was a new tech, and apparently when I said can you re-bait the traps if they need it (referring to the wasp traps), he found a VERY old note on my file where I had asked them to assess my mouse problem. So he thought I should have mouse bait stations, and added them!

He apologized profusely and promised that it wouldn't happen again. I'm satisfied with that. Hopefully, no owls got poisoned mice. (Altho I might be okay if some snakes did. )

FWIW, I use a live trap when the mice get too bad. It's a bucket trap, they climb up the ramp, fall in and eat cheese or peanut butter until I have a moment to snap the lid on and take them to the nearby reservoir for release.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: