TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through August 24, 2012 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Sometimes it just takes us a night or two to remember how to do it right. lol

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Super hugs from a 4 yr. old nephew/Godson at his brother's 8 yr. birthday party tonight - nothing beats little boy hugs!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
My daughter had to remind me that she and her dog are here, too. LOL! It's all the little things.

Little boy hugs are great, Teach!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL Makkie, sweet times!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Not sure this is a "little" thing, but it WILL keep me going for a VERY long time....

My mom and I are going to SPAIN!!!!!!! I have dreamed of traveling there, and I fully intend to walk the Camino de Santiago when I retire, but this was out of the blue!

My folks own a time share thing w/Westin. They didn't take a long trip this year, so they have "points" they have to use before year's end. As a result, my mom and I are going to Spain! We don't know where just yet as they have a lot of options, but we're leaning toward Barcelona and/or Malaga/Valencia. It will be over Christmas break, so the weather won't be the best, but it's Spain, so who cares!!!

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Sweeeet, Teach :-)

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
One thing about Barcelona...you have to be careful there's no really huge soccer games going on at the time you're there or the place will be swamped with football fans from all over Europe and the UK. (Barca's one of the best teams in the world!)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Teach, that is so wonderful!! You wrote about longing to see Spain when you started this thread. How great is that?!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thrilled for you, my friend! :-)

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Loved Barcelona!! So glad for you!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
YAY, Teach. Espana (tilda over the "n")! Anywhere in Espana is bueno. But I absolutely love La Alhambra in Granada. I don't know if I'll ever get back there again. Last time was early '70s.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Kota was supposed to be on a team for fall ball (softball) and up until the very last minute, we hadn't worried about it. Then the manager informed us that he didn't have enough girls. Last minute, day of registration for the team, and not even telling us no team, he cancelled practice and we haven't heard from him since. Dakota was pretty upset.

Then today, phone call from another mom. Her daughter and Dakota have played against/with each other since they were 4 and she was going to be on this first team with Kota. Once that fell through, mom made a lot of calls looking for a team for her daughter. Set it up and hung up. Then she called back. She just called us...her second phone call to the team manager was to see if they had another spot open for Kota.

I thought it was very nice, she didn't have to think about Kota, but she did and now Kota gets to play. Even funnier, once the manager figured out who she was trying to get on the team, wanted to know if Darren could help coach (this would be the same manager who during spring ball joked around and asked Kota if she'd be willing to swap teams for $50 cuz she's an awesome 1st baseman.)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
War, that's really cool that that other Mom thought of your DD. Sounds like that coach is happy to get your athletic DD! Hope she enjoys her team & kicks some major booty!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
YAY, War!! Happy for Kota! What a sweet thing for the other mom to do.

Wow, Rieann - I'd forgotten that. :-) It's been a dream for over 15 years, so I'm pretty sure this will be the first of many trips! (I'll work after retiring from teaching just to be able to travel, but hey - I won't be grading papers! LOL)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
And then there are the little things that make us laugh...at least my DH and DS were dying laughing.

I wanted a cup of coffee this morning. I just forgot the cup. Fortunately, the little well under the stand of the Keurig holds exactly 10 oz.

This is where my coffee ended up -- but not ONE drop was on the counter OR the floor. I'd say it was win-win: made the guys laugh and no extra cleaning for me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I guess the Keurig company planned ahead.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Dogdoc - my DH said the exact same thing. He figured someone in testing said, "Hmmmm...what if someone forgets a cup?" and then proceeded to design the machine perfectly. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Airlines are booked, hotel is reserved, and car is rented!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Car? If you are going city to city, I would use the trains.....unless you are going somewhere out of the way.

That said, the best part of the trip we took to London was the drive to a small town in Wales.

Oh, and get all the insurance. While in the US, your car insurance is usually fine on a rental. Not so in Europe. And do you want to have to worry about a ding or two in another country on vacation?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup, we are going to be traveling to Sevilla, Cordoba, and Gibraltar (at the very least - probably Madrid, too) and the nearest bus station is 2 miles away. The nearest train station is over 45 minutes away.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Sitting near a park, a breeze blowing through the car windows, eating the best soft serve cone available within 30 miles while listening to People of the Book on audio - what a perfect 30 minutes!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Being asleep and having my legs twitch and spaz on me. Waking up to realize I'm actually in my bed and all I have to do is roll over and stretch my legs into a different position. It was a wonderful moment.

Usually at this point I wake up in my chair and am miserable. The best I can do is get up and pace around until my legs calm down enough to be able to sit down again (and no, I can't always just go to bed. Caregiver you know).

Of course less than a minute after I'd rolled over and stretched into a comfortable position on my bed, Mom rang for me and I had to get up and come down and do whatever it was for her at the time. The moment may have only lasted a few seconds. But it was a pretty wonderful feeling while it lasted. LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Had a majorly painful upset tummy tonight so hubby was a doll and made me some brown rice and peas to settle my tummy and it worked! :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Spent a lovely 30 minutes out on the deck shucking corn this morning. In the time it took me to husk 26 ears, I heard the wind blowing through the trees, a critter rustling in the woods, birds singing and only one car on the road (it's dirt - that's pretty normal).

I have GOT to remember that kind of tranquility when the stress starts up next week! :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was sung to be a blue jay and a male cardinal while I sat on the patio reading. They both came really close.