TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Computer Problems? Ask Here

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESKaruuna1275 52 09-15-20  11:45 am
Archive through August 09, 2021Ketchuplover25 08-09-21  9:25 pm
Archive through October 30, 2021Juju2bigdog25 10-30-21  6:52 pm
Archive through November 05, 2021Juju2bigdog25 11-05-21  7:17 pm
Archive through December 20, 2021Colordeagua25 12-20-21  11:11 pm
Archive through December 28, 2021Seamonkey25 12-28-21  12:28 am
Archive through December 31, 2021Juju2bigdog25 12-31-21  8:32 pm
Archive through March 29, 2022Colordeagua25 03-29-22  9:24 pm
Archive through December 05, 2022Karuuna25 12-05-22  12:16 pm
Archive through May 08, 2023Christy35825 05-08-23  11:34 am
Archive through July 25, 2023Dipo25 07-25-23  12:53 pm
Archive through August 21, 2023Kookliebird25 08-21-23  1:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My Messenger works same as Kooklie with the three dots shown next to the message I want to delete, but you kind of have to hover around the message to get the three dots to appear. Like Kooklie, I am on Chrome browser, not Chromebook. Seems like it sort of ought to translate, though.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No, most of that doesn't really work. I just want to erase the message,not block the person.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It blocks and or deletes. You can delete the message without blocking the person. I just said both because I wasn’t sure if you were looking to block the person, as well.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Are there any Excel experts who might be able to help me?

We have an excel spreadsheet that generally has 180 to 200 lines that need to be worked each day. Completing all 180 in a day is not possible due to many factors. Each day adds new customers to the list. Customers only fall off the list if a specific action takes place. This is rather rare so they can be on the list for several days. Sometimes there may be 4 or 5 people jumping into the spreadsheet to work a few customers so it isn't necessarily worked from top to bottom order.
Is there a way to get the data list of customers whose accounts were not looked at one day to populate at the top of the list or somehow be recognized as not having been touched the day before? We want to try to have everything worked/ looked at in 24 hours.
We do color code what was worked, however, as that does not necessarily mean if falls off the list. The ones not worked aren't color coded.
Is there some excel magic?
At this point, all I can think of is the time consuming task of comparing the sheets from one day to the next and putting it into yet another sheet.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Don't know anything about Excel, sorry. I just had a popup take over my computer. It gave me a number to call. No thank you. I just went through a scam a week or so ago. I don't trust these random phone numbers. I just turned my computer completely off and back on. So far so good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sugar, do you know how to do data sort? Seems like you could make a column that says worked where people would put an x, then the next morning you could data sort by that column and all the ones without an x would come up first.

You would have to then identify those to work on maybe by putting a W in the column and clear all the x's out and start the process all over. Adding the x as the customers are worked and then sorting every morning to identify the ones not worked.

Something like that. Home this makes sense.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can you set a filter on the column headings? Then, you can select by individual column data… this is assuming that something in the spreadsheet indicates which lines have been looked at.

When I was working, I used this extensively when dealing with massive amounts of data. Below is how to do it, but you can also check with the Excel help.

https://zebrabi.com/guide/how-to-add-drop-down-filter-in-excel/#Step-by-Step_Guide_to_Adding_a_Drop_Down_Filter_in_Excel

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Also, if multiple people were working on the spreadsheet, we would have a column for in progress and complete with the person’s initials for each to know the status and when it’s complete. Then, they could see the lines still to be completed.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone had much dealings with Apple.com? I've tried and tried with them and getting desperate. They want me to redo everything. It never works. I can't sign in,so can't do anything. They say I have to be signed in. When I try, it says I have to update my account. But it doesn't tell me how to do that. I try to reset my password, but that doesn't work either. Then it says we sent you an email with a code to reset your password. So I have to check out of that to check the email. After doing this several times, it says I've done it too many times and locks me out. I've called more than once. Tried to explain what happens to the person on the phone. The last one said you shouldn't have to reset but one time. Well, duh. I am beyond frustrated with them. I would never recommend anything by them.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
How all this started is Apple took over the Charlie Brown Specials. Supposedly you can get them for FREE around the holidays. Back around Halloween, I tried to watch the Hallween special. They immediately charged me 9.99 on my debit card. I called and canceled and they refunded the 9.99 on that card. So a few days ago, I ordered the Charlie Brown Christmas special. The same thing happened. I've called twice today and explained. She said they denied my refund because I had already gotten my free one before, but I didnt because they charged me. I am beyond frustrated with these people. They act like they don't have a clue what is going on.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
How long did you have the Halloween special before you got the refund for it? Did you watch it? Is Halloween considered "around the holidays" to get it free?

What Apple number do you call? I have a number of Apple devices so I call AppleCare for HELP! (Past few days . . . .) Number I call is 800-275-2273. One of the first questions the recording asks is if you're calling about billing, then press..... I never am so don't know what is said after that. Try the number or is that the one you're already calling?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Are you near an Apple Store? The people there should be able to help. Normally, Apple devices are pretty easy to deal with. There are ways to do a side by side on your Apple device so you don’t need to exit the password reset screen.

Personally, I find that trying to figure these things out over the phone is difficult. I’ve been happy with mine and am thinking of dropping my desktop and going all Apple.

As an alternative to the split screen, Do you have a second device, like phone or pad, where you can open your email to get the code? If I have issues, I keep the one Apple device open to where I want and will enter the code ..the second device is just used for those pesky codes that everyone wants to send when resetting a password. The second device doesn’t need to be Apple, just a device that you can get to your email for the code.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the number I call. I've tried to get my email on my Android cell phone for that purpose, but it quit working a while back. I got an email from Apple today telling me to go to Reportaproblem to check the status of my refund. But it's the same endless loop. It comes up with my "AppleId"and password, I click on the "next" and it says I must update my account to continue. Ugh! Feel like pulling my hair out at this point. When I called, she said they could not tell me anything since I could not confirm. I don't actually have a copy of the specials just can go on apple tv to watch.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have a new problem. When I try to go to my Outlook email account, there is now a Copilot preview that pops up. I looked up how to remove it, and nothing is working. I need to see my email. Not this annoying popup.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
You don't have any Apple devices? That's all I have except for 2 - 3 Amazon things. When I have problem with an Apple I call that number. Usually soon (or in a few minutes) AppleCare help is on the line. On my MacBook, phone, or iPad can do a remote / screen share with the person. It works well. (Once in a while not so much.) TG for it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I typed into google "Disable copilot" and this is what it says.

1. Boot and log in to your Windows 11 machine and open the 'Settings' app. If you can't find it, use the “Windows + i” shortcut.

2. Now, click on the 'Personalization' option that appears on the left side of the Settings app.

3. Here, you will see a toggle called 'Copilot (preview)'. Turn it off and you are good to go.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't have a windows machine. I have a Chromebook. There is no toggle for Copilot at all.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
And there is no mention of Copilot anywhere on my Chromebook.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you are accessing Outlook through the internet and not directly through a google app, then the windows add ons will probably pop up. Does your Chromebook allow you to download an Outlook app to access window? Or, is that the way you are accessing it?

For example, on my Apple iPad, I can access Outlook through Apple Safari or through a download app to my iPad. They are getting to Outlook email completely different. I get the traditional Windows view of Outlook through Safari, but the Apple download looks completely different and is geared to use with Apple products directly.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pretty sure you can't download Microsoft apps to Chromebooks. You have to use them thru your browser.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure. I have my email. I guess it's in my browser. It says outlook.live.com/mail/0/ and my email comes up. Thank goodness. Btw, the Copilot preview has disappeared. "knocks on wood".

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Okay. More frustrated than ever. Tried to do a chat with Apple support. The first thing she asked me is can I send her a screenshot of the page that asks me to update my contact information. I have to get off of that page to do that. So, I've got the screenshots, but no way to send it to the chat room, or do any of you know of a way. If they had an email, I could email it to them, I think. Been trying to get back to do that all evening. I've tried to call and they said they can't confirm since I can't sign in. It's a vicious cycle.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
They finally updated me. And I was able to sign in. It was a waste. They denied my refund. But it was their fault. FREE means Free, duh. Charlie Brown Specials are supposed to be Free during the season.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I investigated a lot of fraud for my employment, and I had a teammate who liked to drone at the appropriate moment: "If ain't free if you have to pay for it."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: