TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The only Dumb question is the one not...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A) users admin

Most people know about various web related information sources, including Google. Please remember that people posting questions in this thread have decided to ask people at TVCH for some help and advice. They want your help. Please do not direct them to search Google (though you can provide helpful links from your own searches).

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESSeamonkey1650 67 05-17-21  4:43 pm
Archive through June 10, 2021Wargod25 06-10-21  9:38 pm
Archive through July 03, 2021Tntitanfan25 07-03-21  2:40 am
Archive through July 12, 2021Dipo25 07-12-21  8:49 am
Archive through August 12, 2021Dipo25 08-12-21  5:33 pm
Archive through November 15, 2021Dipo25 11-15-21  4:00 pm
Archive through September 01, 2022Seamonkey25 09-01-22  9:03 am
Archive through October 18, 2022Seamonkey25 10-18-22  10:20 pm
Archive through December 02, 2022Kookliebird25 12-02-22  4:39 pm
Archive through July 12, 2023Naja25 07-12-23  7:02 am
Archive through July 31, 2023Mameblanche25 07-31-23  2:17 pm
Archive through November 26, 2023Kitt25 11-26-23  10:52 pm
Archive through January 31, 2024Karuuna25 01-31-24  12:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, Dipo, if he's over Kongs, it may be because they are too difficult at his age. I like Freezbones, or likimats. A likimat should be tried when she is with him, to make sure he doesn't try to eat the mat when he's done, causing an obstruction.

Both can be frozen to last longer, but neither will last an 8 hour work day.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kar, I think you are right about them being deleted comments. When I mouse over the word "comments", it says "No visible comments". When I click it, it just brings you to the place to type a comment.

Then I looked at the other posts. And for example, one says 7 comments, but there are really only 4. So in that instance, 3 probably got deleted. Lots of people try to spam their renting sites when a new post goes up. And there are a lot of trolls.

Anyway, I think you're right :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No worries. I wish Facebook were more user friendly, but it's not!

It's good that the group moderators are on top of things!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Isn't there a pheremone vaporthingie like a plug-in scent dispenser? Seems like I've read an article somewhere -Does he like TV?

Would doggiedaycare work for him? Maybe an older retired person would like the company?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
TnTitan - there are pheremone plugs for dogs, I don't think they work very well, if at all.

Some dogs are comforted by doggie tv (you can get it on youtube). Some find it upsetting.

In the UK, they have something called "borrow my doggie"... where you can find people to have your dog over during the day. Nothing like that in the US, and a dog that is going deaf and blind would have trouble in a new home, and even moreso in doggy day care.

Also, that respiratory infection is still going around and killing dogs, so I don't recommend anyone go to day cares or dog parks currently. Especially an older dog. A small day care, like Naja does, with very few dogs, might be safe.

https://www.newsweek.com/dog-respiratory-illness-map-update-spread-more-states-1864961

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna that is exactly the info I need for her.

TNT, she has been leaving the TV on LOUD, so he can hear it but that doesn't seem to work.

He was sort of clingy before he so now he is just a lot worse.

Yeah, she doesn't want to put him in doggy daycare and she has a neighbor who should help but so far isn't stepping up. I told Lisa she should demand that Rufus get to stay with her for a few hours everyday since Lisa takes care of their dogs all the time.

But I will get this info on the CDB to here, it is legal here in California so hopefully that works.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The pheremones for cats, Feliway, did nothing for any of the cats I've had, though some volunteers at the shelter DID think it helped some cats.

The barking is probably partly due to going deaf. When my Critter cat got really old she was deaf and she would sometimes just YOWL.. but she also would be sound asleep in a closet and wouldn't hear me and would be really hard to find.

I wonder... if he lost his friend and misses him, I wonder if one of those toy cats or dogs that have a heartbeat would be soothing for the dog? I think there are some that purr, but there are some that emuated a heartbeat. Bonzacat (aka Lone Koala) used one when Bonza passed away and Precious was so actively mourning, years ago.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did mention that he might miss his buddy but was assured that he was happy he was gone and then could have all the attention. My sister was really surprised that he reacted that way.

I am sure the howling is because he is going deaf and doesn't know where anyone is; I think Sylvester is starting to lose his hearing a bit because he is talking much more now.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My pup will be 13 YY in April. Both his hearing and vision are not what they used to be.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was looking up the status of my tax refund online, and it says it was deposited on Feb 16. Well today is the 21st and nothing is showing in my bank account. Is this something unusual?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it appears the wrong account number is on the forms. I called my tax person but she is with a client and will call me back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If the preparer takes fees out of your refund, then sometimes the refund can go to an account they set up first, and then be forwarded to you.

If you paid the fees upfront that won't be the case. In that case the payment should bounce, because the account number and name on the account won't match.

But sometimes the payment does get through (to an account that isn't yours), and you'll have to call the IRS, and they will attempt to get back the money. Once they've got it back, then they will send you a paper check, which I think takes at least another six weeks.

This has the phone numbers if you need to call, although really your tax preparer should handle this if they made the error.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-18

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. Yes, I payed separately. They told me to call my bank since they will know where it went. Then go from there.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am assuming the bank nmber was correct and just theaccount number was wrong? ALWAYS check everything on your tax return!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I know! I assumed it hadn't changed so I left the old info on it. Lesson learned.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's good though, or at least it's the best option that if it's going into a wrong account, that it be an account that was once yours. If you'd just mistranscribed a number of something then it could have been deposited in someone else's account, and then it gets tricky.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN well it ends up it wasn't an old account. The bank says it's not the number to a valid account at_all, past or present. The routing number is the same, and the account number is the same except for the last 4 digits. They also have no record of rejecting a check for the amount on that day. So I called my tax person back and they are going to try to take care of it and get back to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good stuff. It'll probably end up with a paper check mailed to you (likely to take six weeks) but at least no one else has your money.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't know where to ask this but I'm at a loss. So here goes. I've tried to renew my son's driver's license online. He has never applied online so it should go through, no problem. I get to the point where they send me a confirmation code. And it comes back "Cannot continue". I called and asked them why and they said it's because he has a non-driver's ID, and cannot have both a DL and the ID. He says he lost the ID. I called and told them that and they said he just needs to come tell them in person. They will take care of it. He's afraid they want to arrest him for not paying child support. I don't want to tell him wrong. What should I do?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hecka, maybe you can speak to someone at Legal Aid in your state (or his, if it is different).

Online it does mention possibility of licenses being suspended if one is behind in support payments. It says it is if behind 6 months for Alabama and requires compliance with payment plans.

This information is coming up without url links ..

It sounds like if a vehicle is required to work, there might be a temporary license, but it sounds like there has to be a deal made.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.ncsl.org/human-services/license-restrictions-for-failure-to-pay-child-support

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Hmm, his oldest daughter is well past all that. She's 21. The other one, they threatened to terminate his parental rights years ago because the mother was wanting her new husband to adopt the daughter. I never heard what happened in that case. So you think the license people will lie to me about it? Guess he'll have to take his chances.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Dumb question. To start with I'm so sick of roll sizes of paper products getting bigger and bigger and bigger. At least keep the old standard sizes available. I've only ever used Bounty paper towels. I called Bounty today. Getting a simple answer out of her was difficult. She said old standard size was 4.5" diameter. Didn't ask her if that's still available. Is it any place? Next time I paper shop I'll take a ruler. I want to put a roll into my old plastic roll holder on the wall. Don't want a stand-up roll on my kitchen counter. Not enough space.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just buy the generic at Target -- the kind that rip off half size. I like the "tear your own size" ones. And they fit in the old plastic holder.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hecka, yes, I think they might. If he's flagged in the system, they probably wouldn't tell him. I'm not sure why they would make him come in otherwise.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hecka - I work in child support now. Your son can call the Friend of the Court (or whoever is in charge of child support in your state) and ask if they've suspended his license or if there is a bench warrant active for him. They will not only tell him but tell him what he has to do to fix each issue. Our enforcement officer works w/the payers all the time re: support and how much is feasible to be paid each month - even if the entire amount can't be paid.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you guys think Tiger Woods is going to play in the Masters? It still has him listed as playing, but he still about 16 days to pull out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It’s a crap shoot. I think he may start but not finish. His body is just too broken.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's kinda what I figured as well

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: