TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 07, 2012 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hate the taste of freezer-burn. BLECH! But like the idea of freezing them there lil doggies. ;)

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Thanks all, I will give them a try.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
I've got a can of Cream of...something soup in my cabinet that I have had forever. Anyone have any quick, unique ideas for something yummy I can make with it?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
It might make s difference to know what it is a cream of!

I haven't been to this site in a while, but it's by Campbell's soup, and they have all kinds of recipes that feature their soups.

Campbell's Kitchen

It used to have a search feature where you could plug in what kind of soup you had, and it would suggest recipes. But I don't see it at first glance, and I'm a bit preoccupied right now to search further. But maybe you can find something in the meantime!

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Whoami, I went and dug it out of my cabinet (I kept pushing it back every time I ran across it because I didn't know what to do with it). It is Cream of Chicken With Herbs...

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. I just thought someone might have a really unique recipe that is tried and true...

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
if you like tuna casserole, i have a great recipe.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Here ya go: CLICKIT FOR RECIPES

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Great site Teach, so many choices! Thanks!

Landileigh I'll take that tuna casserole recipe too, if it's easy, and if you don't mind!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
it is actually Weinermr's tuna casserole recipe that we've all shared for the last 10+ years. It is a no-fail recipe.

Tuna Casserole

3 cups wide egg noodles
1 can cream of celery soup (or chicken/broccoli/mushroom/asparagus) any of those soups work.
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup milk (I usually just 1/2 fill up soup can)
1 cup grated cheese (ex: pepper jack/colby & jack mix/mozzarella - whatever you have)
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 cup mayo (I use Best Foods/Hellmans)
1 can tuna (I use the Trader Joe's low salt)

Cook noodles, drain well. Meanwhile, add onion & milk to soup and heat to just boiling. Turn off heat and add chilies and cheese until melted.

Add soup mixture, mayo & tuna to cooked noodles. Stir well. Pour into 9" x 9" baking dish and sprinkle with more cheese on top.

Bake at 350 uncovered for 20 minutes. Also good if you add frozen peas before baking and bread crumbs on top.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Yum! I've had tuna casserole, but with rice. I like the idea of noodles. It took some time to type the recipe for me--thank you so much, Landileigh!

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Ladybug here's a couple of ideas.

Quick and easy - get a box of chicken Rice O Roni, or whatever brand. Butter or spray with cooking spray a 9 X 13 pan. Pour just the rice out of the box into the bottom of the pan. Place pork chops or chicken pieces - I usually use thighs or thighs and legs - on top of rice. Mix "cream of" soup - I usually use mushroom or chicken - with 1 soup can of milk and the seasoning package from Rice O Roni. Pour over chicken and back @ 350 for 30 - 45 minutes until meat is done.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole [Sorry no measurements I just do it by how it looks.]

Chunk up some baked or boiled chicken. Mix with cooked noodles and thawed frozen broccoli & place in pan. Top with chunks of Velveeta cheese. Mix 1 can of cream of soup with 1 soup can of milk and some salt and pepper. Pour over noodle mixture. [If you make a big batch use 2 cans of soup and 2 cans of milk.] Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Sometimes I will slice and saute mushrooms and add to noodle mixture.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yum, those sound great, I may have to give them a try.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I don't like my broccoli too crunchy so I usually cook it in the broth that the chicken was baked or boiled in. But the original recipe said to use thawed not cooked.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I would just donate the can. :-)

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
LOL at Costa!

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Friday, July 06, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Serate...now those recipes are quick and easy, and I'm with Dipo...yum!! Between work and the book, that's just what I need! I love the first one with the Rice-O-Roni (I'm a big fan).

Costa! Funny! But I am determined to use it!!!

Serate

08-21-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Ladybug on the Chicken Broccoli casserole I don't care for the broccoli to be too crunchy so I usually cook it a minute or two. In the broth the chicken cooked in.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am racking my brain to think of things to make while it is so hot, obviously salads, but is there anything else?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I had a baloney sandwich and a small bag of Doritos for my supper today. The baloney sandwich was quite good with tomato slices fresh out of the garden.

Serate

08-21-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
mmmmmm baloney sammies are yummy!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ewww. I would eat bacon before I would eat baloney!

Sandwiches, cold soups, fruit salads, cheese and crackers, forty eleven different salads. Now might be a good time to make a different salad each day. Spinach with goat cheese and strawberries and mac nuts with a berry balsamic and no oil. Yum. Taco salad. Cobb salad. Grapefuit and avocado salad. Greek village salad without lettuce. spinach with pear or apple and walnut and blue cheese and dried cranberries.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, costa I was thinking the same thing. I like some of your ideas, cant do grapefruit but I think I am going to make a tomato/cucumber/avocado mix. I was thinking of a italian pasta salad - I have some salami and I could add cold green beans sort of like the salad that I get at Mary's Pizza Shack. And then maybe a normal green salad with kidney and garbanzo beans.

Or I could add some tuna, I have just been having trouble thinking of what proteins to use. I am sort of tired of chicken.

Oh maybe in the middle of the night, I can bake some bacon to through in too, LOL.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We had tomatoes/basil/mozzarella salad tonight followed by chilled watermelon w/a bit of mint.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lol at the bacon!

You can cook up the proteins at night or early morning when it's cooler. My proteins in salads are cheese or nuts or eggs. But you could also do some lovely cold quinoa salads or other grains.

My taco salads have fresh corn and black beans and cheeses. Plenty of proteins.

And there is always the frito salad... Icberg lettuce with chopped tomatoes then nuke a can of chili and dump on top along with a handful of shredded cheese. Not exactly not fattening unless you buy fat free chili. :-)

Serate

08-21-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
NuWave oven is the BEST for cooking when it's hot! Makes the best bacon ever! I made a roast turkey last week. YUMMY and didn't heat my kitchen up! And best of all Turkey and Bacon sammies! Or Kentucky Hot Browns that are topped with BACON! [The the Hot Browns need to wait until it's colder!]