TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 15, 2012 users admin

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
My mom still uses hers every day too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Uh huh. I tried AppleCare first. Much more pleasant to talk to. No, could not help me. Call AT&T. I did. Uh huh! Whatever about AT&T . . . the whole country isn't working. Hopefully by mid - later afternoon today he said. Hmmmmmm. Nothing I have to do. (I have AT&T DSL.)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL. Well at least you know it isn't YOU.

And honestly, Color, I'm sorry, I should have had you check that first. That's usually the first thing I do whenever there is an issue... check my provider/ISP to see if there is an issue. So if AT&T is hiccuping, there ya go.

It's one reason why I keep my Verizon broadband. Whenever my Cox business internet goes down, I've got Verizon. It would take the entire USA going down, including all satellites, for me to lose connectivity. :-)

Please be careful when stating that a carrier is no longer around. Often, when there is a merger, certain areas are subsumed or eliminated to avoid monopolies. Likely that is what happened with SBC Global and AT&T in northern California. They are still very much around in southern Caifornia and, as evidence by others here, in other areas across the country. AT&T had a very viable presence in northern California already and that's likely why SBC Global was eliminated there. It's not weird at all, if you pay attention to the news and who is acquired or merged and all the antitrust anti-monopoly stuff that goes on around the big Bells and the Baby Bells. (As they were previously known.)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
since all of this discussion, i found out why i answered the way I did, and why all of you did! it happened in 2003 during the merger of AT&T and SBCGlobal. and i started asking and it seems as if it was certain area codes that this all happened to. glad i went the yahoo route, so that i never have to change my email.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
That's what I said.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Still not working. I talked to AT&T again this evening. Knowledgeable tech -- for AT&T. He said it is AT&T problem. No estimated time when it will be fixed.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Our primary email accounts have been with SBCGlobal since 2003 when we moved from Virginia to Texas. Some time in early 2006 we got an email, maybe even a letter, saying that SBC and AT&T had merged and that as a part of that merger the SBCGlobal email address would be going away and would be replaced by an ATT.com address. As I recall we were even told what our new address would be as they had done some kind of crosswalk to check and eliminate duplications. The implementation date was some 12 to 18 months off and we supposedly were be going to have a period of overlap where the old and new addresses would be available so that we could transition contacts, registrations, etc., to the new address. Long story short it never happened so some six years later we still have and use our SBCGlobal address. Maybe they transitioned some accounts but not ours. NOTE: We also had the email account password issue a day or so ago. Haven't noticed it yet this morning.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
bummer Color!! New question: My cleaning lady was here today, and I know she dusts my computer which was on. Anyway, when I got back the font size had changed (which I easily fixed) and the color of IE and the tabs is off.

I know sometimes when my kitties walk across the keyboard (which I discourage) they accidentally (at least I think it is accidental) change stuff.

So where do I go to try and figure out/change my color pallette back to what it had been? TIA

ETA: Just in case it matters, I am on a laptop, windows 7.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
48 hours -- AT&T still hasn't fixed it. AT&T needs to be fixed.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Dipo:

Try to right-click in an empty area on your desktop and select Personalize. See if that helps. If that doesn't work, try Start > Control Panel > Color Management. THAT would be a bit harder for kitty to get to, tho.

Color:

STILL??????? You should get a few days' credit at the very least.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Still this morning. I asked about credit during my 2nd call. No, you have internet access and you can access e-mail on the web. So, no.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh you just can't get email delivered to your email inbox. LOL. Yeah, no credit for you! :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I just called AT&T again. It's working. Has been since yesterday afternoon.

When it / AT&T wasn't working, I'd get that box as I described above. Typing anything in it didn't work. AT&T wasn't working. I kept getting that box. Still did this morning. AT&T techs had told me when it's working again, I would. Noting more to do. So me, especially not being techie, how would I know when to fill in the box to make it work after AT&T was fixed? The same box kept popping up when I clicked "Get Mail".

Comprende me?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In other words, if I keep getting the same box after it's working as I did when it wasn't working -- how would I know it is working? Am I stupid??? Yeah, some, but not totally?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Costa.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Dipo, did that help? If not, then you've got the smartest cat ever! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it did help me to figure out what happened, I have yet to figure out what color I thought they were in the first place.

But I will say, my cats have done some pretty amazing things, they seem to know just the right paw combinations to screw stuff up.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
That's why it's one of the first things my cats learned NOT to do. No walking on mom's lap when there is something else there, no walking on counter tops, no walking on the dining table, no walking on the desk. Anything else is pretty much fair game. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You must be a cat whisperer.

Let's just say that I haven't had much success "training" our cats.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
very easy to train cats, use a water bottle. i grew up raising dogs (my mother had a kennel). and it's the same technique. just give them a little spray when they do something you don't like. and use Bitter Apple if they chew on something you don't want them to. those two items can train either a cat or dog. except for the yacking up, never could get them to do that in the potty!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I would never use negative training to train my cats. There are other ways to teach them the behaviors you want besides negative actions that they will associate with you. Cats learn positive behaviors when they are rewarded, just the same as dogs do.

I taught my boy cat how to sit, sit up, beg, shake, and high five. My girl cat sits, jumps thru a hoop, sits up, and is currently learning to high five.

Who says you can't train cats to do what you want them to do?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I confess that I've tried the spray water technique but he just comes back when we're not looking. He is stubborn!

Costa, What technique did you use to stop them from jumping onto things or getting into other mischief like chewing on wires?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I bought Bitter Apple when I got Burke a year ago this coming Monday. I wanted to be prepared for the chewing. Didn't need it. In this whole year, he has only chewed just very very slightly on the edge of two magazines. He is housebroken. I have no concerns about Burke having his freedom.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Double sided sticky tape. On cheap plastic place mats. It's sort of aversion therapy without being negative reinforcement. Cats don't like the sticky tape so you cover a place mat and put it on the table or desk and they won't walk on it. I never had to deal with any of the cats chewing on cords or wires, although I think the tape would work there, too. Foil would work, too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mine will usually walk around the computer, there is plenty of room, unless of course, I haven't been paying enough attention to them, then they just attempt to walk across the keyboard, LOL. When I am here I can divert them, but don't know what happens when I am gone. Plus my problem could have been done by the cleaning lady, LOL.