TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 15, 2012 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thank you, I will go and make it. I think my butter is probably softened by now.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Was it yummy? :-) I usually just seed a regular tomato when I'm in the same situation...or blend it all up for a bloody Mary! LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was fabulous, the recipe I had was to grill the bread, but I don't have an outside grill so I had to sort of gerry-rig the recipe.

I spread the garlic butter on the bread and put parmasean cheese on it and toasted it, then after it was all melty and warm I put the tomatoe stuff on and it was excellent!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The difference between regular tomatoes and romas has a lot to do with water content. If you seed and juice a tomato (unless you need the juice) you can use them interchangeably.

I have a pasta recipe that calls for romas, but if I've got local yummy tomatoes around (or freshly given me by friends/family) I'll use those instead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good to know, thanks Costacat.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Has anyone here ever tried Nutella? What are you supposed to do with it?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it's a chocolate hazelnut spread about the same consistancy as peanut butter. you can bake with it, spread it on graham crackers, eat it out of the jar.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
My son loves it on his toast.... and has it on sliced bananas (along with peanut butter) as a treat.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And it's not nearly as healthy as the commercials used to have you believe. It's very popular over in the UK. I'm not a fan of hazelnut (one of the only nuts I won't eat). Apparently you can do pretty much anything with it. Certain people I know love to make crepes and spread it on the crepes along with berries and whipped cream. And there are a ton of recipes online (google "nutella" and then sit back and be amazed). There is even an official World Nutella Day (according to the website)!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I spoon it straight out the jar. Yuuuuummmm...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Isn't sugar the first ingredient listed on the label? I used to have a jar of it. Pitched it. The "nutritious" claim in the commercial made me mad. Although the web site has changed, there was a time when no ingredients were even mentioned on the web site and there was no way to contact Ferrero except by snail mail. They do now have e-mail contact.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think they recently got sued over misleading advertising. They claimed they were nutritious and the caloric overload in their "nutritious breakfast" was insane. I don't know what the first ingredient is but yeah it's not all that nutritious. LOL!

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the input. I have a jar, but haven't tried it. Not sure I'm going to. I don't like sweet things all that much and can't imagine putting it on toast. DH won't try it because of the name...go figure! Thanks again!

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Holly, I am with you.....by spoon from the jar. And then another spoon and another! The reason I am not allowed to buy it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've tried Nutella a couple of times, and it was delicious. Can't stand peanut butter, and was pleasantly surprised about this stuff.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Heaven in a jar...tastes a lot like Ferrero Rocher, which is heaven in a gold foil wrapper!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
spread it between vanilla wafers, then dip in chocolate and then sprinkle a little sea salt on top....decadent

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And all of those reasons explain why it is not nutritious. It's more chocolate than a nut butter. But it has a hazelnut aftertaste and I am NOT a fan of Ferrero Rocher (which sux cuz how often do you get those ugly trees as gifts for the holidays?).

Kaili

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
OMG I wish I got them EVERY day. I wouldn't let anyone fool you into thinking it's nutritious at all ust because they sell it next to peanut butter. It should be in the candy aisle.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I have never believed it was nutritious, but would be very happy if I could convince myself it were! Oh....I want to try that vanilla wafer thing Annie!
(Notice I have already forgotten I am not allowed to have it in my house.)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I will admit to keeping peanut butter and chocolate frosting and on a really bad day taking a spoon and dipping it into both of them. Now I'm gonna have to try and add the Nutella obviously, since I love those Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love Ferrero Rocher Chocolates! Chocolate and Hazelnut... YUM!

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Another quick question..... since our gas was out for over a week, my oven still isn't working. Tomorrow is my DH birthday and he always wants homemade German Chocolate Cupcakes. Since I can't bake any in the oven, I thought I would try them in the electric skillet. I searched for recipes and there are some out there for skillet cupcakes. Has anyone here ever tried them this way???

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I would find a local gourmet cupcake or cake store and go on a taste test run. You can probably find some that are as good, if not better than, homemade. Or better yet, see if you can buy just the cake part, and make the topping yourself.

For a first time thing, I wouldn't try a new recipe. Just my two cents. (I have a couple of really good gourmet cupcake places not to far away. One of them does a really good lighter chocolate cupcake that I would use. With my own pecan caramel coconut frosting!)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What do you do with cream cheese? I had an idea I was going to cook something with cream cheese around last Christmas and never did. The cream cheese had been wrapped and sealed in its original package since then. I opened it and it smells and tastes fine, so I decided to use some of it in macaroni and cheese. It was okay, but I like my mac and cheese more cheddar cheese tasting. I still have a small amount left. What else could I do with it before it goes bad? They say it only lasts a few days, once opened.