TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 12, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The fan should stop running when you power down. You don't need to remove the battery, ever. Shut the system down is all you should need to do.

You aren't saying what version of Windows you're running, but I will say this... I never walk away from my computer when I hibernate or sleep it until it powers off completely. (That's also when I turn the power off at the power strip.) There are times when a process or something will just cause it to not shut down (in sleep or hibernate mode) completely.

If this occurs often, then you've got a problem and may need to have someone look at it. I can't remember if it's the OS or the computer offhand.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Is it the web site or my computer? Looking at grocery store sales on-line. Clicking on things I want. Pages of it. All of a sudden "Your session has timed-out. Sign on again." That's never happened before. Go back to it. Nothing is checked. Go through pages again. NOT. Is it web site or my computer?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It is the web site. Now whole section of the site is not working.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
yeah, if you are on safeway.com I have been having that issue for a couple of weeks. I can get a few items into my cart and then it flips to the log in page. I was hoping they would have it fixed by the time I need to shop again.

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Is my HP desktop just being flaky, or it it FB? For the past couple of days my words just don't show up as I'm typing on Facebook. It takes minutes for things to catch up. It's very aggravating. Any advice appreciated.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
yeah, if you are on safeway.com I have been having that issue for a couple of weeks. I can get a few items into my cart and then it flips to the log in page. I was hoping they would have it fixed by the time I need to shop again.

It was Dominick's (Chicago grocery) owned by Safeway. Yeah, similar going on. Grrrrrrr. I'm on a Mac and use Safari. Someone suggested trying another browser. Worked in Chrome. I like Safari. I get different printing options in Safari which I really like.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
For the past few weeks, my computer has started showing all folder files in reverse alphabetical order. Today it changed the order of my classes in my gradebook. I have searched high and low, and I have no idea why it's doing this. I have a Lenovo ideapad (11") that runs Windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Are you by any chance making an inadvertant click at the top of a column that could result in a re-sort? For instance if I am looking at files in an e-mail folder, and I click on the Date header at the top of the list, the program rearranges all the dates into reverse order. When I click it again, it reverses again, putting them back in "correct" order.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
If you are looking in Windows Explorer, look at the column headings. There will be a little icon that indicates which column is sorted, and the direction of the sort.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I can rearrange them back by clicking details and then clicking on the name header, but as soon as I open a folder, it is automatically sorted in reverse order. In looking online, I found one fix for XP, but it was a registry code change, and since I've got Windows 7 (and I didn't know the sources), I haven't tried it.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
OK try this then...

1. Sort the columns the way you want them in Explorer.

2. In Explorer, select Tools > Folder Options.

3. Select the View tab.

4. Click Apply to Folders.

5. Click OK.

See if that works...

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, it didn't...my "apply to folders" tab is grayed out. I've re-set to defaults, so I'll see if that works on the next start-up. Weirdest thing is that it affected my online gradebook (runs in Java). I must have hit some combination of keys at some point that made the change, and danged if I know what I hit!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think default is to sort ascending by name, so that might work.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have two addresses in the e-mail platform on my Mac. Out of the blue, getting pop-up window for both addresses:

Enter Password for Account "------"

The sbcglobal.net POP server “pop.att.yahoo.com” rejected the password for user “------@sbcglobal.net

Enter your password again or cancel.

Then box for password

Box to check or not: Remember this password in my kechain

Then choice to click box, either: Cancel or OK

I have all my passwords (I think), but which password is it looking for? I tried the two Yahoo passwords I have for the two addresses, but they don't work? What??????? What happens if I cancel? Anything? Can I still send and receive e-mails? Help!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Later I tried a password in that I had typed in earlier. Box disappeared and it works. ?????? KNOCK ON WOOD

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No. Not working. Same thing again. Help!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
sbcglobal hasn't been around for years. they changed all of those accounts to yahoo accounts years ago. you need to fix your pop accounts. have no clue how to do it on a mac though. you need to contact apple and have them guide you through it unless there is someone here versed in apple.

basically it needs to change such as this:
incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
then your yahoo sign in: -------
password: -------

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'll call AppleCare in the a.m.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
That's not true, a friend of mine still has her SBCGLOBAL email account. They may be "run" by Yahoo, but the account still exists if she still accesses it on a regular basis.

I think you can follow these steps, using your browser, to recover or reset your password. I'd also clear the password in your keychain.

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo-mail/4756-sbcglobal-email-password-recovery-recover-hacked-sbcglobal-email-password.html

BTW, if you were still using your sbc account until recently, you DO NOT need to change your account to yahoo.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Extension in / location of my e-mail addies are @sbcglobal.net. Web based in Yahoo. Apple e-mail platform on my MacBook Pro. Does that make sense?

I can send e-mail, but can't receive it.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yes, and that's why I said what I did. Your sbcglobal email still exists. :-)

Did you go to the link I posted? It looked like you could recover or reset a password from the web.

Also, did you clear your keychain cache. If you cached a password in your keychain that was wrong, and you're trying to enter the correct password, it'll fail (because it thinks you're entering the wrong password even though you're not). So clear the cache, try again, and see if that works.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
wow, my sbcglobal email addresses were removed YEARS ago, even though I used them every single day. when all of sbcglobal went bye bye up here (northern california)we were told to change to yahoo.com - i was not trying to give bad advice, just what we were informed to do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Colord, what browser are you using? Some (like Firefox) will allow you to see what passwords you have saved to your computer and that can be very handy if you've saved an incorrect one.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
That's wierd Landi. My sis, who is in Southern California, still has an sbcglobal email address!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I use my sbcglobal account every day.