TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NASCAR: Archive through February 28, 2012 users admin

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Zippy's been hired as Danica's Crew Chief.

Imbewitched

03-08-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imbewitched a private message Print Post    
http://www.nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/120126/kharvick-impending-fatherhood/index.html

Kevin and DeLana Harvick are having a baby.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He was funny on an interview I watched the other day...he said that media outlets had been reporting that he and DeLana were getting divorced, and boy did they get that wrong!

This seems like a good time for them to be taking this step...they have stepped away from their other teams and are focusing on his Cup effort and their personal lives...I wish they a lot of happiness. He has really matured over the last few years (and I used to totally detest him!) but now I think he's pretty funny.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
It's almost TIME!!!

Date Race
February 18 Budweiser Shootout

February 23 Gatorade Duel 1
February 23 Gatorade Duel 2
February 26 Daytona

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
They're not going to allow communication between the drivers and spotters to try to curb (pun intended)the 2 car tango. They also changed the restrictor plate but I can't recall how.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
As long as they bring back the multi car tango I am good!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan, you beat me to the punch! I always get excited on the Thursday morning when I know that carhaulers are pulling into Daytona...now the REAL sport begins...LOL!

I think that it will be interesting - will this really stop the 2-car tango or will it cause more problems?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There will be cars on the track at Daytona THIS WEEK! I love the start of NASCAR season. I can't wait until the Bud Shootout on Saturday night. I'm ready for RACING!!!

Okay, maybe I'm a little extreme, but boogidy boogidy boogidy makes me happy.

Imbewitched

03-08-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imbewitched a private message Print Post    
Wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!! What Roxip said!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Nope you sure aren't the only one!!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I almost had a moment of panic tonight...I was trying to find out when the broadcast of the bud shootout was going to be and couldn't find it on the uverse directory...I finally found it by searching for sprint...it didn't come up under nascar. There is definitely a learning curve with uverse and in some ways I think DirectTV was better.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Doing my no rain dance!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
All I can say is UGHHHHHH :-(

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
I feel your pain, Sportsfan.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Man, that was intense!
Glad no one was hurt.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The problem with teenagers dating before they are old enough to drive is that you have to chaperon them and drive them places...and for some reason I agreed to take my daughter and her boyfriend to the movies last night...not problem...I can set the DVR...but I forgot to set it for extra minutes. I told them not to expect any more dates if there was a race on until sometime next November...lol.

Imbewitched

03-08-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imbewitched a private message Print Post    
Ditto Sportsfan and Taysmomcj!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
kenseth ftw!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Daytona delayed by rain. They say tomorrow at noon, Eastern time, but the weather forecast says 80% chance of rain tomorrow, too.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Drive between the drops!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hated that the race was delayed, but the clips they showed of the drivers playing with their kids were so cute...and that one scene where Ryan Newman's little girl ran up to him and hugged his legs - it was just too sweet!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, now the race is delayed until tonight...for those of you in CST it will be scheduled to start at 6:02 (7:02 EST). It will be a first - the Daytona 500 run under the lights! I might have to leave work early...LOL!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My DH can't stay awake until midnight even if it's New Year's Eve, but NASCAR lasted until midnight tonight, and he "miraculously" stayed awake for it.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Ketchup your guy won!! What a crazy race and that fire was incredible and I am so glad that everyone was safe. That jet dryer driver was very lucky to walk away from that.

On a lighter note, I saw a tweet that someone expected Will Ferrell (aka Ricky Bobby) to come running down the backstretch in his underwear screaming "Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me!"