TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Discussion: Archive through March 21, 2012 users admin

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, I just got home from the game and my Panthers coulda, shoulda, woulda, but your Packers were just too darn tough. I hope that Nick Collins is okay, that was scary to see him carried off on a cart. He did wave his hand so that was a good sign.

And Clay Matthews has beautiful hair!!! I am jealous

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
I watched that game. I really thought that they might have caught up but ran out of time.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just want to give props to my Cowboys. Romo plays with two fractured ribs, Jesse Holley steps in for Miles Austin and kicks major arse with 3 catches for 96 yards and the game winner...Dan Bailey, rookie kicker, misses a 22 yd FG in the first quarter, only to come back and nail a 48 yarder and a 19 yarder to win...

I just hope they're not too hurt for next Monday night's game vs. the 'Skins. Austin is probably out with a bad hammy, and Jones has a separated shoulder...Holley may get a chance to shine again...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Now it comes out today that Romo played with a punctured lung. Wow.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow! What an athlete he is! Hope he is ok

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Nick Collins is out for the rest of the season.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
So is Jamal Charles. Ugly knee injury.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
So is Thomas Davis for the Panthers, he tore his ACL in his right knee for the 3rd time in 23 months.

What is up with all these injuries??? Do they need better equipment, or is it lack of conditioning and access to the team doctors/trainers during the lockout? I really hate to see this happen to such great athletes.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Collins' was a freak accident imo. I was thinking they should use a hanz device(neck brace) to limit neck movement but it may limit movement too much or make head on collisions more dangerous.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
They do need something like that for all the whiplash type injuries we saw this week. Maybe they should just all wear the sumo wrestling padded outfits and that would solve all the injuries, LOL!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Vick suffered a concussion as well. A lot of the pundits are blaming the lockout for all the injuries, but who knows, really?? It could be the lockout or it could be random chance.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Romo played with broken ribs. Witten played with bruised ribs. F. Jones played with a bruised shoulder. Dez Bryant played with a bad quad and suffered an arm injury during the game. Injuries suck, but they are part of this violent game. The Giants have suffered even more than the Cowboys injury-wise, and both teams are 2-1. I love this game and I love the gladiators that play it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Al Davis has died. May he RIP.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Raiders did it for Al today.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Jeez, before the game Dungy and Rodney Harrison took it to Favre (with a complete velvet fist) and then at half time Bob Costas took it to Al Davis. I guess it's fair of Dungy and Harrison to say that at their peaks, Rogers is a better player than Favre and that Favre threw too many INTs, just like it's fair to say that Davis was something of a creep who micromanaged the team far too long, but in the case of Davis, at least, it might be better to wait until his body's cold. Favre, on the other hand, deserves what he got for taking a jab at Rogers this week.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
We are getting 13 games during the bye weeks. Didn't we get 14 in the past?

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
This year, there are 4 weeks with 13 games and 2 weeks with 14 games.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Thank you

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Go Packers!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Matt flynn has apparently signed with Seattle. Thanks for the memory and good luck as a Seahawk. :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Peyton Manning has signed with the Broncos. Bye Bye Tebow!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
And Tebow is going to the Jets!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
And the Saints coach Shawn Payton is suspended for a year for the bounty stuff; former DC is suspended indefinitely. A year might be too little for Payton and the league should frankly vacate their SB title, too, and take away a couple draft picks. That stuff has no place in the league.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
They did take away draft picks...and the punishments are fair. GM is is suspended for 8 games and assistant head coach for six games. Also fined 500,000 dollars.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Gregg Williams, now with the Rams, is suspended indefinitely. He was the Defensive Coordinater at NO when then all happened.