TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ghost? You tell me

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Ghost? You tell me users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 28, 2014Nickovtyme25 06-28-14  3:03 pm
Archive through January 04, 2018Pamy25 01-04-18  4:19 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, 16!

And high school?

I met Dylan, Kota, and Caleb when they were all so young! All were shorter than I was and all would tower over me now.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Kota may still be shorter than you, she's only 5 foot not quite 3, lol.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dylan is 6 ft. Kota is taller than me, Im 5 2 1/2 and yes that 1/2 is important!

Jewels

09-22-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Jake was a month old when I first became a member here and is a SENIOR in high school! Jenna was born here, just turned 15 a couple weeks ago, is a FRESHMAN in high school and just got her driver's permit!! Ack!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
War, I have never been more than 5'2" and I am not that talk any more.

But, ok, she wouldn't tower over me.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Dang our tvch kids are growing up fast. Adults, college, high school, and college!

LOL, Dakota is 5'2 and a half (and yes, Pamy, that 1/2 is important!) usually. On a good day, meaning she stretches and the nurse doesn't call her on it, she can reach nearly 5'3. She got away with that stretching thing once, so now she tells people she's 5'3, lol.

When I started here, she was almost 3, now she's 19. Caleb would have been about 4 and a half, he'll be 22 in May.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Butting in here to say.....you guy are tall! I am 5’ LOL

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My son was 5 and is also a senior in college (5th year senior at that). How does that happen?

Texannie, I'll join you. I'm 5'1 1/2" (Gotta' get that extra 1/2 inch! LOL). My son, on the other hand, is 6'1" - his dad is tall and my dad is tall, but he got lucky because my mom and grandpa were both short.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am 5' or 4'11" , depending on who measures me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Butting in here to say.....you guys are tall! I am 5’ LOL

Sure, Texannie, but what you lack in height, you make up for in cuteness, stamina, intelligence, good sense, and looking young. Oh, and cooking.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I am 5'2" again thanks to spinal fusion surgery last January. I had shrunk to 5' 1/2".

Greekbread will be 28 this year. How's that for making you feel old????

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I can't believe all you guys. I thought I was the only one who noticed shrinkage. I asked my doctor to measure me last visit because I was sure I was no longer 5' 7"! I can't reach some of my shelves in the kitchen like I used to be able to, and I was correct, I have lost and inch!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
landi.. I still see Holly as I first met her.. She was half asleep and young, for sure (not that 28 is old).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am shrinking as well. I can no longer touch an 8 foot ceiling with my fingertips without bracing myself on a wall or door jamb. I used to be able to do it easily. I don't think Bigdog was ever able to easily touch an 8 foot ceiling, but I am now having to get things off high shelves for him. Of course, we now live in a condo with cupboards that go all the way to the ceiling, which is a bit odd, since the guy who did the remodel and his wife were both about 5'3". I have a little step-stool to get things off the shelves that are at 7'6" elevation, just so I don't drop anything.

Yah Landileigh for your elevated stature! You always have your own way of doing things.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I used to be 5' 1 1/2"

Now I am 5' 1/2 "

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Speaking of terrifying. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59SrOVUGqPg

Listen closely to 19:35-40

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Hey y’all. Eight years later we went back and did the ghost tour again. This is a picture of the same hall. They did a lot of changes as you can tell. But no Ghost this time.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Nice picture.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Back in the 60s it wasn’t “kool” to be a tall woman. When asked about her height my ex used to tell people she was 5’12” instead of 6’. I was 6’2” and my jeans with a 34” inseam were too short for her long legs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, Mack - I used to tell people the same when they asked "I'm 5'12""... LOL.

Now however, I'm only 5'11"... gravity!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The worst thing about being a six foot tall woman back in the day was men who insisted they were six feet tall. Of course, they were 5'10" in their stocking feet with their hair combed up. But they would go on and on and on about how THEY were six feet tall, so I must be lying. 34" inseam would have been too short for me in those days too, but suddenly they seem okay. Okay, maybe a trifle short.

Um, have we now become ghosts? Or are three of us in the wrong thread? LOL.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think the ghost shrunk.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm here. Was 6'. Have shrunk to 5'11". Thank you, mom, for the bad bones. I've never minded my height. I want my inch back.

So I will ask you tall gals -- how do you feel when you're near guys who are something like 2" or more taller than you? I do NOT like it. Because it rarely happens, I feel very uncomfortable.

And something happened couple years ago that was really strange. Was in a store reaching for something up high. A voice behind me asked if I needed help getting it. The voice was a female. A woman was asking if she could reach for something for me. That had never happened before. It was WEIRD!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
6’ foot last I checked many years ago,probably 5 11” now. I love being next to a taller guy. I actually feel dainty and dare I say, more feminine. I know, that’s not a very feminist thinking attitude. My husband is two inches shorter than me,he too said he was 6 ft tall when I first met him.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, short men get put down a lot.

Disclaimer: I’m not short. I’m at least 6’

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, being shorter than the guy and therefore feeling "dainty / petite" would often be the case. It just feels weird to me. I like to be basically eye-to-eye.

Used to look for 35" inseams. I do some jeans / pants shopping at Lands' End. On some they offer choice of 34" or 36" pre-hemmed talls. Now 34" is good, 36" would be too long.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It probably feels weird because it’s so unusual.

I just roll my eyes when I see some catalogs call 31” inseam as tall. Lands End use to be for me and then I got fat. Most catalogs don’t think tall women can be over a size 12. It’s hard to find plus size and tall.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Catalogs / on-line make a big deal about offering petite size. Get me in a mood and I will call and give 'em **** for not offering or limited offering of talls.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
While in Gettysburg, we toured the Eisenhower National Historic Site. The docent told us no flash photography is allowed inside the house. DH's brother wanted a picture with DH's new camera. DH wasn't sure how to turn the flash off so his brother had him adjust a switch and then take a picture inside his jacket. The flash didn't go off so he took a picture of the room. The flash was NOT off. I was in the hall with another group when the docent suddenly stopped speaking to us and yelled "I SAID NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!" Of course I pretended not to know them and quickly followed others to another room! There was a surprise in the picture. Do you see the ghost in the upper left-hand corner?

Eisenhower ghost

Back on topic (? lol), I am not tall but people in grocery stores think I am and ask me to reach things on upper shelves for them. I can do that. I have shrunk from 5' 5.5" to 5' 4.75".

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: