TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 01, 2012 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's fab Mamie! Let us know what books you splurge on with those gift cards!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished The Scottish Prisoner at about 2 AM last night, and now I'm halfway through Wishin' and Hopin'. I'd love to stay up and finish it, but my eyes are slamming shut!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished the King's 11.22.63 and grabbed one that I might have gotten for free or at least a low price, Commune of Women.. group of women stuck in a room at LAX during a terrorist attack where hostages are taken.. good read. I'm 87% through that.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I'm reading The Scottish Prisoner. It's nice to read about Jamie again!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Wishin' and Hopin' today (Wally Lamb), and now I'm about halfway through Things Fall Apart. I love it when I have an entire day to read and watch movies!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Commune of Women and starting My Sister's Voice which is about a deaf woman who was abandonned but has done well as an artist and suddenly finds out she has an identical twin sister who was not abandonned. Not far into it.. no meeting yet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, that sounds fascinating, so I just now put a hold on My Sister's Voice online at my library, thanks to your post. They'll notify me by phone when it's avail for pickup. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well so far I'm not liking the main character as she describes her actions and attitudes but I think this just isn't exactly my genre and I think it will be an interesting read despite my feelings .. and the author is doing her job in pulling out these feelings :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I read a review on Amazon that it too a while to get into it and then it became a pageturner.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Merry! I am going to read that one VERY soon!!!! I am having trouble muddling through the first Lord John book though. Seems very wordy and no grab

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Has anyone read "Fifty Shades of Grey"?.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Wishin' and Hopin' and am now 60% through King of Infinite Space. Hoping to finish it tonight.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading A Pinch of Love by Alicia Bessette.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished it, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I had the ending pegged halfway through the book. It was okay, but definitely not one I'd buy. Since it was a Kindle lending library book, I didn't mind so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Teach, there was one book I bought that was supposed to be a 50's memoir, I think even by a KB author and it wasn't tht expensive at all but when I started reading it.. it was just horrible..content, format, etc. I was so irate I got my money back from Amazon! And they refunded it.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have ordered "Scottish Prisoner" and "Stars of David" from my local public library. They didn't have "Commune of Women."

I typically read cozy mysteries and like to read a series at a time in chronological order because I like the back stories. However, I have decided to take some of your recommendations above!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Commune of Women auther is Suzan Still.. $3.99 on Kindle but it is available in paperback.

It is loanable but I'm not sure if it can be loaned to an Kindle app on a computer or just to one of the kindle devices.

I got it when it was free.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished My Sister's Voice and while it was interesting it was pretty far fetched and 99% of the characters mad me want to slap them.. oh well.

Starting Wading Home: A Novel of New Orleans by Roaslyn Story.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I will have to ponder buying a book for myself for more than $.50 - and I usually wait for the last day of the library sale when the paperbacks are $.25 I buy books for others as gifts, but just not for myself -

Wading Home sounds very interesting - I am looking forward to hearing more!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is novel and I've just started.. like it so far.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kitchen Confidential. I found it in the bottom of
Our closet. We do not know where it came from
So far really liking it. I like his use of words and
Always thought he was a bit sexy.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I got Kitchen Confidential as a Kindle loaner and loved it!

I'm reading Armageddon (Leon Uris) and struggling to get into it. If it doesn't pick up by chapter 20 (I'm at 14), I may lay it aside for summer and read a quick Harry Bosch mystery before school starts up again.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson and was hoping to finish it by tonight and be my last book of the year but it doesn't seem as if that's going to happen. Maybe if I pull a really long reading session.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have Stars of David checked out, and it is the fifth book in my stack, so I should hit it by next weekend -

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TNT - I absolutely loved it and found it fascinating and informative. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Keep us posted.

Hugs and happy new year to all my fellow bookworms here!