TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 22, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, I got that as an ARC and loved it. Totally had me hooked all the way through. I recently had an ARC of her new one coming out, which wasn't as good.

I'm reading Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Cried my way through the last 2/3 of the book! Wow. That book was worth every accolade and prize heaped upon it.

Now need some light, escapist reading, so I'm enjoying A TURN IN THE ROAD by Debbie Macomber. (I started it a short while ago, but put it down to read the other book which was a library dl. This one I purchased online.)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh Mamie, glad you enjoyed it too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cable, that looks really good! $9.99 so I just got a sample for now. And it looks like that author has a new book coming out July 5 as well..

Mame, I completely understand needing to switch gears, but wasn't it a good book??

I'm still reading Wanderlust which is well written and very interesting, even though I don't care much for the actions of the author (it is a memoir), but at least she's honest about her actions! And her travels, while often bailing out on those in her life at each time, are quite interesting, too.

And I got the book for 99 cents, though it is now selling for $9.99. SCORE!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, it was extraordinary! And yay for scoring that .99 cheap read. I love buying stuff on sale.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Just started "The Hunger Games" because so many people have mentioned it to me. It's not the usual type of book I'd read, but now I can't put it down!

Queenie

07-09-2007

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
Reenie, I thought the same way as you.
Not my type of read BUT it was really good! At the first of the book, I couldn't wrap my brain around why they have children "playing" in the hunger games considering what they do in the hunger games.....
It is now going to be a movie!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved The Hunger Games and I'm in the same boat as you two, it wasn't my usual cup of tea. I enjoyed the second and third books but not as much as Hunger Games.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Queenie - I KNOW! The thought of these children "playing" in the hunger games is crazy!!

Mamie - I just can't get over the concept of this book! I will probably charge right into 2 and 3!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I did charge right into the next two and I enjoyed them, just not quite as much. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Will do~!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have The Hunger Games pulled out from archive on Amazon and on my short list of TBR..

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
The new Maggie Sefton's "Unraveled". It is a cozy mystery series based on a group of knitters.
It is a very enjoyable series set in Colorado with an assorted age group and knitting patterns at the end. Throw in your murder to solve and it's a light entertaining read.

I'm still very careful not to get into anything to deep or emotional. I just dissolve in a puddle of tears and my happy pills won't work.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Lincoln Lawyer (loved it - and now want to see the movie), and am halfway through The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Working on "Confessions of a Prairie B...." by Alison Arngrim. I like her style.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
GAL, I enjoyed that one. She's fun.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
just finised all of "The Hungar Games" good but sad

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
finished

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am currently reading a good little thriller from some time ago call "Darkness Peering" by Alice Blanchard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Wanderlust and to the end, and including the author's bio.. don't have a whole heck of a lot of respect for her, but she writes pretty well.

Now starting another memoir, Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir by Jennette Fulda.

Currently this is $9.99 but I snapped it up when it was 99 cents.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Mamie, how was Summer Rental?

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Really like Alison Arngrim's autobiography. It's amazing how solid and grounded she is based on what she experienced in her own home. Throw major Hollywood stardom/infamy on top of that and you wouldn't think she'd be able to avoid a drug-fueled total life meltdown. I admire her.

Bio of David Niven is next. I loved his autobiographies, now I want to read about what he left out.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Art of Racing in the Rain last night - now on to Water for Elephants (yes - that book that "everyone" read about 3 years ago! I'm finally catching up! LOL)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hey, a good book is a good book whenever you read it!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Exactly! :-)