TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 19, 2020 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rabger, Stephen White has the Alan Gregory series where his detective partner has MS. I don't know it that is it or not.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Mamie beat me to it! I did some research and that is what I found too.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I think that's it!! Thank you so much Mamie and Rieann for figuring this out for me! I appreciate you guys so much. I just knew someone here could help me!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am glad to help!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished a light, fun read of an ARC of Maggie Finds her Muse. It's a book I probably wouldn't have picked up, but the 1st person POV worked as "Maggie" was funny and self-deprecating. She's a writer with writer's block facing a deadline who heads to Paris to find inspiration. Of course, she DOES but it's a lovely little romance that makes a fun summer read if you're looking to escape the "real world"!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I've spent the past week reading both of Sarah Kendzior's critically important books, The View from Flyover Country: Dispatches from the Forgotten America and Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America. Both are very upsetting, of course, but hers is an expert anthropological analysis of how our country has deteriorated both before and after the election of the current White House occupant. Ultimately, both books are utterly essential reading - I highly recommend them.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Coates' Between the World and Me - and it was excellent! Also finished yet another re-listen of The Fiery Cross (Gabaldon). Hoping to finish up Things in Jars (Kidd) this week as well.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I finished Harlan Coben's The Stranger. It was intriguing at first but I thought that the ending was weak.

I am curious now about the Netflix series (one of the reasons that prompted me to read the book).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the Netflix show was a bit uneven. The supposed "surprise" could be seen miles away. I felt the same about both The Five and Safe.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
It seems hard to believe that one could read a novel where you only know the where and when an event happens until halfway through the book. The telling of the what and the repercussions of it evolve in the second half of Liane Moriarity's Truly Madly Guilty. It kind of felt like climbing a mountain and wondering if you'll ever make it to the top, but you are exhilarated when you get there. She's excellent at drawing her characters and telling a compelling story. As I read it I wondered what kind of a massive outline she worked from to tell this story from so many points of view. Recommend!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have to read more of her books. Your review (with so many other good ones) may finally get me motivated. :-)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
She is an amazing talent — I only wish she wrote more books! I agree with Tres completely! And truly! And madly! And guilty!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I checked out Too Much and Never Enough from the library but most likely will not finish it before it's due as I'm not one to sit down and read for 3 straight days and I'm reading two other books already from the library. So far, I've only read the proloque and that alone is enough to verify what we already know about the individual.

I have begun Truly Madly Guilty at least 3 times because it's always due before I finish. When I check it out again a year later, I can't remember who is who and what exactly happened in the beginning so I start it all over again only to end up returning it at the same spot about a third into the book. So for me, it truly will be a mountain climbed by the time I actually finish, lol! But at least I keep wanting to check it out again!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seth Abramson, a voracious researcher of all things Trump, and himself the author of three books on Trump has already read Mary Trump's book in about 2-3 days. He said it is scorched earth good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I downloaded it today 😮

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From her interviews, let's just say she has far less proof and documentation that that of Ronan Farris (Farrow) (his was exhaustive).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Did you mean Rowan Farrow?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming that's who. Funny how it's crickets in regards to Lauer's accusations against Farrow's documentation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ronan Farrow

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Farrow

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I will add that I do believe her! I started the book

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched a little bit of Rachel Maddow tonight. Mary Trump said she had no idea of the importance the contents of the 19 boxes of records she turned over to the New York Times would have. Mary Trump did not realize she was sitting on a bombshell at the time and gave great credit to the NYT investigative journalists for figuring out what those records revealed about the Trump family. Maddow pointed out the NYT exposure of what those records showed was enough to make Trump's sister, a sitting federal judge, decide to retire right away.

Edit: Oopsie, didn't realize I was in the book thread. Feel free to move or delete if my remarks are not appropriate for this thread, although I will stand by my remarks as being accurate as to what Maddow and M. Trump said in an interview about her book.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 17, 2020 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Book related..

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 18, 2020 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If you haven't read Saeed Jones' How We Fight for Our Lives, do it. Do it now! Read it in 24 hours and the best last line of a book ever.

Finished reading Things in Jars and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Now I'm listening to The Vanishing Half, reading an ARC of The Organ Thieves, and two Kindle books: The Ministry of Utmost Happiness and Heavy. ALL are keeping my attention - I just need more reading time! (She says, even though she's home all day every day!)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, July 18, 2020 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Teach! I simply marvel at all the books you're able to read simultaneously! In my next life I hope to have that gift. I will try to track down a copy of the Jones book immediately.

Tonight I finished Lisa Jewell's 12th novel, The House We Grew Up In. It's a marvelous family drama that I hated to see end. I'm so glad this writer came into my life a couple of years ago. Only 7 more to go and I'll have read all 19 of her works. Love her!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 19, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just finished The Wife Stalker by sisters writing as Liv Constantine who also penned The Last Mrs. Parrish. Despite thinking that something was "off" about writing of one of the characters I found the ending to be a cheap trick. I think I liked their first book more than this one.