TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 23, 2017 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I sobbed reading Wonder. I cry watching the trailer for the movie. I am going to be a mess at the theater!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL I enjoyed that post, Teach. I showed it to my DD. It reminds us of her trying to study.

(She is a great student, by the way.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I bought Wonder for $9.99.. A rare thing for me, but between the movie ads and all the tears, I had to!

Just starting Elizabeth Smart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Elizabeth, starting Wonder.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I hope you like Wonder as much as the rest of us did. 🤞

Tonight I finished Ruth Ware’s latest, The Lying Game and I am sorry to report that it was a disappointment. The writing was good (as per usual), but the story itself was a bit underwhelming and much too long at 368 pages. I really thought I was going to love it. But it’s as they say (whomever “they” are): ‘You can’t love ‘em all!” 😜

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Began The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and gave up after 80 pages because I was putting it down after every paragraph. Her books (Taylor Jenkins Reid) and I are just not getting along at the moment. I call it book mood swings.

I'm moving onto Eleanor Oliphant which just came in at the library and I went ahead and purchased Little Fires Everywhere in case my other books on hold don't come in for awhile.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ric, I do..

I think of two people I follow on Caringbridge.

One is a young woman who had a tumor, which was removed,then a fungus attacked and did a number on her face, nose, palatte,etc. She has had many surgeries..

She is still trying to get so she can eat more easily. Such a sweet person..

And a little boy who was born with severe cleft palate and delays. He had surgery, then they found cancer, which he fought for years. He was hard to understand, but an infectious personality.

I don't think he ever got to start school.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Kappy - maybe Seven Husbands will appeal later. That was one I read in its entirety on my way to Scotland. Loved it, but putting it down after every paragraph doesn't sound promising for you. Too bad we never have enough books to choose from (bold, sarcastic font).

I'm still wading through House of Cards. I like it, but it feels like one of those that I need to be able to read for an hour or two at a time to really get into. During the school year, that is NOT gonna' happen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Teach, if you haven't read Wonder.. Short chapters, each with a punch.. That might work for short bursts of reading time...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Leah Remini's Troublemaker on sale on Kindle.. downloaded that.

Still reading Wonder.

Halloween allowed him to be unseen, but that just allowed others to cause more pain.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Previous to retiring, I felt I had to finish every book I started. Since retirement, I am much more stingy with my time. I love the variety of books and authors that I learn about from people here so even if one in twenty doesn't appeal to me, that means I've learned about 19 others that do. If I haven't said it lately, thank you everyone for sharing what you are reading!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm in the wait line for Wonder. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😎

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course, the temptation is to read the next short chapter, and then.. the next.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm good at resisting temptation...the last two Gabaldon novels that came out, I "parceled" them out -- only 10 minutes a day permitted because I know when I finish, I'll be waiting 4-5 YEARS for the next one!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished..

No tears, but very happy.

http://choosekind.tumblr.com

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow..watching 20/20.. A must watch if you love Wonder!!!

Teach, the temptation will be very strong.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
"Sleeping Beauties" was good. At least, it was not aliens again. Sounds like they appreciate the women in their lives.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Over half way through Leah's book... Some dirt on The Talk...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Got hooked!

Just finished Leah's book.

I had already heard it was good and grateful it went on sale for kindle.

Loved the picture section, too!

Next up, Misty Copeland's Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina, which also happily was on sale.

😀

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The One That I Want is Allison Winn Scotch’s third novel and it takes a little while to get comfortable with what’s going on, but eventually the story comes together. I’m glad I stuck with it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I received a book for my birthday, (tomorrow, turkey day) books are excellent gifts IMO. A Bright Moon For Fools by Jasper Gibson. I quickly read the 1st chapter and had a few giggles so I have hopes for an entertaining read.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sugar, from the RN thread sounds like you are super set up for a great long weekend!

And a new book.

The Misty Copeland book is going well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Happy birthday Sugar! I agree about books. I got a lot of Amazon giftcards for my birthday and got quite a few from my wishlist.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Happy birthday Sugar! May you read double the number of books in the year ahead than you did in the year you just completed! 😜