TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: How are you reading it (reading on various devices)?: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 26, 2013 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have a Paperwhite. It's just for reading. It's touch. I do love the white screen background (front lit) as opposed to the gray background of older /other Amazon Kindles.

I have two tablets -- iPad 1 and Fire 1. Me . . . I just don't use tablets much. But I'm guessing I'll probably always have one -- or maybe not?

Suz

10-13-2005

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Thanks, everyone. I knew I would get good information from here. You are all Soooooo nice.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I just got my first Kindle for Christmas..I'm so excited since I don't have any more room to store books at my house..How fun to pick a book and have it delivered in just a second.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Enjoy Bidasea! It's wonderful and light to cart around as opposed to a huge hard-cover or thick paper-bavck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know you'll love it, Bidasea!! Did you get the paperwhite or which one??

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Hi all. My kids got me the Kindle Fire HD. I had a little trouble figuring out how to link it up to my wireless network cause I couldn't figure out what my old password was, but finally got it to work. I have pains in my wrist and thumb joints, so carting around heavy hard covered books is owie..Plus I read so much that it's hard to find places to store books.I also like the way it lights up to make seeing easier.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Just got the Top Chef cookbook from season 1 for $3.99! I also snagged a Holocaust memoir that has poetry as part of it (I Promised I Would Tell) and a third book that was written by a priest about his journey on the Camino de Santiago in Spain (To the Field of Stars). All were only $1.99 to 3.99 -- now, when am I going to have time to do all this reading?? :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. I have literally thousands to read.. not in my lifetime, but I sure have plenty of choices!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually that is seasons 1-3!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Help! I have to replace my Kindle Fire due to a battery issue. How will I transfer all of my books, music, apps, etc., to the new one? It's got something to do with the cloud, but that's about as far as I got.
Thanks in advance!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Blujaxrock, anything you got from Amazon, and anything else you sent to the cloud will be in the cloud.. when you get the new Fire (is this an old one or still under warranty??) and you get it registered, then all your stuff can be downloaded from the cloud.

Which Fire did you have??

If you are replacing an original fire with an HD Fire then there might be some apps that won't work.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
You can just go to "Manage Your Kindle" on Amazon and download everything from there onto your new device.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I got the KF last March and bought the additional accidental damage warranty. Usually what happens is I send the Kindle back and I get an electronic gift card for the cost. My husband will push for the Fire HD, so I'll argue that all my stuff may not transfer/work.
I knew this was the best place to get help. Thanks!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh no! I would also argue for the HD!! It is just wonderful and there won't be that many apps that won't transfer just fine. And some of those may end up converted anyway.

I wouldn't go back now that I have the HD.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
So mad! I just got off the phone with KOBO's customer service. I have a problem and their computer has been down for a few hours so they couldn't help.

On the other hand it's nice to know they have 24 hour service, cuz it's the middle of the night right now and I was expecting a recording with their hours, and was shocked when a person took the call.

I'm just annoyed cuz they ARE there now but can't help til their system is back up. Oh well. I should get some shut eye anyways.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
They sorted it out this a.m. :-)

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
The Cat, the Professor and the Poison A Cats in Trouble Mystery by Leann Sweeney.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glad they could help you, Mame!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, March 15, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Paper is not dead:

http://vimeo.com/61275290

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, March 15, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL, Gidget, that was cute!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 15, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - That is a good one!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Too cute.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Lots of classics on sale at Amazon today: Some Heminway, Cider House Rules, Thornbirds, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, etc. All are $1.99. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Canadian friends at kboards.com are on watch for the first deliveries of Fire HD devices to Canada!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I've now entered the world of Kindle by reading on my laptop. It's nice as I can change the white background, make it dimmer, and enlarge the font. Many times I can't read at night due to the light... I get frequent migraines and headaches. I tried using a pink bulb in my nightstand light, but it still hurt at times. I'm happy to have the laptop option now as I love to read. I was going to buy a Kindle earlier this year, but other expenses got in the way.