TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 20, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think someone mentioned this book recently, I knew the author's name was picking away at my memory and I had it in the car. The Silver Star by Jeanette Wall (on audio). Just started today.

And swoon, Claire is currently ministering to the wounded Jamie, sigh. In Outlander.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) I'm now 70% through Flight Behavior, BUT I forgot I have to read a book w/a cake or pie on the cover for our local library's summer reading challenge. So....I'm also simultaneously reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Reading book 2 of Y.S. Lee's THE AGENCY series. Just fiished Book 1 yesterday. They are Young Adult books and I find them quite enjoyable.

http://yslee.com/

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Ha! Had orientation with the (college) Kid today, and since he's going to my alma mater, I ditched the afternoon session and sat in the brand spanking new, breathtakingly beautiful library and READ for an entire hour! Since aforementioned Kid did all the driving (a bit over an hour one way), I am now at 92%, and I will NOT sleep until this book is finished.

Flight Behavior is more "preachy" on environmental issues than Poisonwood was on the Congo, but I'm still enjoying the story. She's still revealing new items about each character, and I'm seeing a secondary theme about how we really don't KNOW a person unless they choose to let us.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finished a couple that were just okay for me, The Lemon Orchard by Luanne Rice and The Wednesday Daughters by Meg Waite Clayton. They just didn't really excite me.

I am now reading Tapestry of Fortunes by Elizabeth Berg (and enjoying it) and The Longings of Wayward Girls and I can't think of the author's name right now.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Regarding The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, according to her website www.dianagabaldon.com a TV mini-series has been approved to go into production for Outlander.

I've also been re-reading the last two books in the series as I await the release of "Written In My Own Heart's Blood".

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if Nora Roberts' IN DEATH series has ever been made into a film or TV movie?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Why hasn't Nora made the In Deaths (or the Circle Trilogy, The Key Trilogy) into a movie or TV series? They would be great!

While a huge fan of television and movies, Nora writes books, not screenplays. The film production company makes the first move with a plan to bring her books to film. There are no current plans to translate the In Deaths or any of Nora's trilogies to film.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Egbok - not only is Outlander in production, but Jamie has been cast! If you find Herself on Facebook, it's been crazy with the news for the past 6 weeks or so. :-)

Three chapters into The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, and it's hooked me so far.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Finished Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax, the first half started out great but then kinda bogged down with a few character issues that drug on too long (love/hate relationship and depressed spouse) and I got bored and sped-read those story lines. Overall it was a fun read, but not a must read.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Beach, I felt the same way.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Great minds

I am starting Dorothea Benton Frank's latest "The Last Original Wife." The title is catchy.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Beach, I have that one too. And I agree about great minds :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Just downloaded an e-book written by a friend of mine.....This book is FREE for Kindle from today, through Tuesday.

The Curse

"Patrick Lowery is a graduating senior at Milneburg State University with a bright future ahead of him. That changed one fateful day at a school fair when his life turned upside down. As his life worsens, Patrick becomes convinced that he is cursed.

While researching the history of Milneburg State for its Centennial Celebration, he and his best friend, Grant Hoover, make a discovery that changes their lives forever. They find a picture from 1988 of a student who looks exactly like Patrick and could be a key to Patrick's past.

In his search for answers, Patrick learns that all is not as it appears and those he trusts the most are lying or hiding the truth from him. Patrick becomes obsessed with learning the truth no matter what the cost."

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Who! I just 'bought' it!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Me too. I can join the other 900 books that I have downloaded...LOL!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I got it as well. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Me too. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I snagged it!

Who, I posted it in Book Bazaar, Free Kindle Books for the Month of July on Kboards, which should get it some more exposure.

Here is the link if your friend would like to see it..

http://tinyurl.com/mbfh2dx

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared by Alice Ozma, which was okay, could have been more tightly written but she says she just wrote this book and has no plans for another, ever. She was 23 when she wrote it.

And now I'm starting If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name: News from Small-Town Alaska, by Heather Lende, of Haines, Alaska.

I think I'll like it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I found a Stephen King book that I hadn't read yet at a Dollar General store for $5. I bought it and have read the first story and into the second one. Enjoying it so far. Seems like typical SK stories that I almost always enjoy. Oh it's Full Dark, No Stars.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have the first two Outlander books on CD's waiting for pick-up at the library - am looking forward to starting the series!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh my gravy! What have I bitten off?!? The first book is on 28 CD's and the second on 33 - nearly 80 listening hours!

I wonder if I should return these now and try getting them again just before my long trip in August and September? Or maybe return "Dragonfly" and keep the first book? That way if I can't get the rest of the books in the right order, I will at least have a clue what is going on -

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Do you have Itunes? You could rip Dragonfly into Itunes to listen to later after you finish Outlander. The advantage of having them on an Ipod is that you can then speed it up (at least you can with the downloadable versions). I listen to it at 1.25 so it's still very easy to understand, but it gets through them a bit faster.

Those are the shortest ones, too. Wait until you get A Breath of Snow and Ashes!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
OMG!