TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 07, 2013 users admin

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
War, it's the last book. I read the first book "The Eye of the World" back in 1994.

Every book, as you said, has nearly a thousand pages, so it always took a couple of years before the next book came out. At the very least a little over a year. When Robert Jordan became sick, it was in the middle of book 7. Each book after that took longer to be completed, until ultimately he passed away in 2007 after completing book 11 - "A Knife of Dreams". He still had 1 book left - "A Memory of light" to be book 12 and the series finished.

Brandon Sanderson wrote a tribute to RJ as he was a fan of the WOT series. RJ's wife appreciated it so much, and when she found out he was an accomplished fantasy writer...they toyed with the idea of him completing the series with RJ's notes. Evidently, Mr. Jordan had left extensive notes and its said the he wrote the very last chapter himself before he passed.

Brandon and Mrs. Jordan, when looking over everything decided that there is no way it could be wrapped up in one final book...not without it being over 3,000 pages. They split "A Memory of Light" into 3 books - "The Gathering Storm", "The Towers of Midnight" and that brought us to "A Memory of Light" which made the total 14 monster books.

Now that I think about it, you, I and a few others discussed all this back when RJ died and we all wondering how is it going to end.

I've been careful not to read any spoilers and I stay away from Dragonmount cause I know everybody over there has finished it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The Skull Beneath the Skin by P.D. James.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
A Knife of Dreams was the last one I read so now I can start over from the beginning. Like you, I started reading the series when the first book came out (and I've been through three copies of the first book, lol because I reread them ever so often.) I got Darren hooked on the series several years ago, I'll have to let him know the last one is out.

Heh, yeah, definitely a good idea to stay away from Dragonmount if you want to stay spoiler free. Place is a great resource when you're reading the series though, they've got everything!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm still at the beginning of the Roger Ebert bio, but re-read a dead tree book In the Light of Dying by a hospice volunteer. I wanted to see if it would be good for my patient who is on hospice and asking how it goes.. but the book isn't one I'd share with her. Still a good book.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Finished Nora Robert's WHISKEY BEACH (Excellent,I highly recommend it.)

Starting Cathy Kelly's THE HONEY QUEEN.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished Lauren Graham's book and loved it.

I am now reading What A Mother Knows by Leslie Lehr.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Finally have "Gone Girl" from the library and will start it sometime next week - I have five books waiting before it!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Started re-reading Under the Dome in anticipation/trepidation of the mini-series. For some reason, that reminded me of Gerald's Game. I set Dome aside and I'm finishing Gerald's Game tonight. But can't go back to Dome because I picked up NOS4A2 by King's son, Joe Hill.
Hill, imho, is similar in style to his father, but is at times even more twistedl I've got almost all of Hill's stuff on my Kindle, much of it for 99 cents.
But my Kindle went pfft and I'm waiting on my replacement. I'm seriously going through withdraw...lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I bet you are! If you can stand to read on a computer you can load the kindle app and read there. Don't think I'd want to do that much.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Sea, if anyone had told me when I first got the Kindle Fire that I'd get so attached to it I'd have laughed. But it's become part of my, like a hand...lol
Took NOS4A2 to the doc's today-first time in forever I had a 'real' book with me. Got home from the appointment and my replacement KF was waiting. Yea!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Six Years by Harlan Coben.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading a book titled Girl Unmoored by Jennifer Gooch Hummer and I am in love with a little girl named Apron.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well it took me a month to slog thru The Secret Keeper. I kept falling asleep every night. Not my favourite of her books that's for sure. Started Maeve Binchys Night of Stars and Rain.

I did listen to Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs and Everywhere that Mary went by Lisa scottoline. Now listening to Save Me by her as well.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Mamie how we're those two new books you were so lucky to snag early?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jasper, since I have to write a review, I'm trying to read them closer to their publication dates. I have so many to review, it's hard to get them done on time!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill, who was her assigned Secret Service agent. It is very interesting and has made me laugh out loud a few times.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
I read "Daddy's Gone a Hunting" by Mary Higgins Clark. It had a good twist at the end.

Now I'm reading "Don't Go" by Lisa Scottoline. Halfway through and it is very good.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading The Lost Husband by Katherine Center.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished The Lost Husband and really enjoyed it. I'm on a roll.

I am now reading The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs and Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill, it's about her life and escape from Scientology.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I finished The Guardians by Andrew Pyper and really enjoyed it. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9306085-the-guardians?auto_login_attempted=true

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I appreciate the recommendations! :-)

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Reading "12th of Never" by James Patterson.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed the Kennedy book. It was really interesting to hear the stories from someone who was there and to learn more about the SS Agent's job. To read about the assassination through Mr. Hill's voice was even more gut wrenching and horrible.

Now I'm reading Janet Evanovich's Notorious Nineteen.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Starting "Flight Behavior" by Barbara Kingslover.