TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 15, 2013 users admin

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Listening to Guilty Wives, which is one of those that James Patterson co-authored....with David Ellis in this case. Plot - four friends go to Monte Carlo for a girl's weekend and end up on trial for the president of France's murder. Wasn't expecting to like it really (I'd heard anything that had Patterson as a co-author was bad), but had to grab something quick and just grabbed a couple of James Patterson's books off the library shelf (I drive a lot and HAVE to have books to listen to!) Wasn't loving the book at first, but now I am in the heart of it I am really enjoying it. I am someone who thinks the "justice" system in the book isn't off base (be it in France or many other countries), so I find that part interesting. I identify with Abbie....as someone who believes strongly in integrity I can see myself making the decisions she makes with regard to her arrest/trial. And I like that she is smart and intuitive and gutsy in the face of all she faces. Anyway, has kept my attention and since I haven't finished the book yet I am still in a state of suspense!

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I love Rosamunde Pilcher's books, but I have never liked any of the movies. The characters never seem to be what I envisioned and I am always disappointed.

Just started Cathy Kelly's book, "The House on Willow Street".
(thanks Mameblanche for the suggestions of someone similar to Maeve Binchy)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished listening to The Panther (DeMille) yesterday. I really enjoyed that he brought in Penner (from The General's Daughter) to interact with John Corey.

On my Kindle I'm reading The Angel's Game (Zafon) and still feeling like I've read it before.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Started listening to Catch Me by Lisa Gardner, sucks you in from the get-go. I was tempted to just sit in my car when I got home.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Last night I started "Never Knowing" by Chevy Stevens. It is a page turner!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finished Love Anthony and now have to wait for her next book.. which she is working on and sounds good.

Starting a book about a real autistic person, Exiting Nirvana: A Daughter's Life With Autism by Clara Claibourne Park.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Anntie - Still Missing is very good as well.

Started listening to And When She was Good by Laura Lippman- this one in the house while sewing/paperwork.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Almost finished an old Colleen Coble, "Without a Trace". I enjoy her writing although sometimes there is a bit much religion. Easy to skim those parts though.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Reading the 5th Horseman by James Patterson. For some reason it took me a long time to discover his Women's Murder Club series, but am enjoying making my way through them. Missed #4, so will have to go backwards for that one!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler. It was about an old woman who asks her hairdresser/friend to drive her from Texas to Ohio for a funeral. She tells her story along the way about racial tensions in the 40s and her love for her housekeeper's son. Good read.

I am going lighter now and reading Why Can't I Be You by Allie Larkin.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finished "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini. It's the fourth book in the series, and yes, I've read them all. It's a good series, mainly about a boy/man and his dragon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Exiting Nirvana: A Daughter's Life With Autism by Clara Claibourne Park and it was really interesting.

Now reading Four Boots-One Journey: A Story of Survival, Awareness and Rejuvenation on the John Muir Trail by Jeff Alt.

Jeff and his wife walked the trail to raise awareness of depression and suicide after the death of her brother Mike. Earlier in his life Jeff walked the entire Appalchian Trail in honor of his brother and to raise support for the program where his brother lives. That was chronicalled in A Walk for Sunshine: A 2,160 mile expedition for charity on the Appalachian Trail which I have also read.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading The Best Man by Kristan Higgins. Pure chick lit.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just bought Stephen King's "The Wind Through the Keyhole" in paperback. I have read all the Dark Tower books, so.... enjoying it so far.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Started Red Velvet Cupcake Murder, latest by Joanne Fluke. I've read the whole series so I can't stop now. I also like many of the recipes which are included.

Read several nondescript mysteries and romances earlier in the week.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I'm reading The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. It reminds me so much of Downton Abbey, one of my favorite shows.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I started The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Loving it so far!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Reading The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay.

I'd recommend Catch Me by Lisa Gardner it was very good.

Listening to Hope in A Jar by Beth Harbison.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished reading Four Boots-One Journey: A Story of Survival, Awareness and Rejuvenation on the John Muir Trail by Jeff Alt, which I liked very much. Jeff had written a previous book that I mentioned up thread and is about to publish a book about hiking with kids. He and his wife, Beth, now have two children.

Now starting This Little Light of Mine: The Inspiring Story of Kevin Triplett by Wayne Triplett. Wayne spoke at the funeral of Vinny DiGerolamo on March 2. Vinny was one of my Caringbridge kids.. he had rhabdomyosarcoma and fought it for 5 brave years. Amazing family. Wayne was asked by Sarah, Vinny's mom, to visit Vinny.. she had read his book (their sons had the same oncologist at "Camp Brenner" in Winston-Salem and Wayne has dedicated his life to speaking and writing and advocating. He was just one of the speakers at this amazing service, attended by over 3000, many via live feed. Wayne's son died of osteosarcoma. So, I went to check it out and downloaded the book.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Sunshine When She's Gone by Thea Goodman. It was okay. It was hard to feel sorry for the characters so that made it unlikable in spots but the writing was very good.

I am reading Heart Like Mine by Amy Hatvany and Girls in White Dresses (and I can't think of the author.)

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Just finished < Poisonwood Bible> By Barbara Kingsolver. It is brilliant. It is about a mid century southern preacher who begs for a missionary post in the Congo. He drags his wife and 4 daughters with him and from there he slowly descends into to madness, taking his family with him. It is a story of pride, ignorance and survival. The story is told from the narratives of each daughter and his wife. Truly fantastic reading.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Brilliant writing, some fantastic twists, unsatisfying ending for me. I can highly recommend the book, despite the ending, because the total ride was so engrossing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Finished The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King. Loved it! Very engrossing and worthy of joining The Dark Tower series.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
At night I am listening to the Audiobook LES MISERABLES. Hooboy, is it EVER different from the play and films! Jean Valjean JUST made his appearance in Book 2.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 15, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Am listening to: A Week in Winter - Maeve Binchey's last book. It's like wrapping myself in a cozy blanket and going to Ireland in my mind!