TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: How are you reading it (reading on various devices)?: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 20, 2012 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey - LOL I have been tracking it cross county for sure!! It came from PA then to VA and now it's in transit to me in FL. Crazy me!!

Colordeagua - can't wait to hear how you like the Paperwhite - it looks great!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Well my Fire HD arrived right on time today. It is very very very cool!!! Checking it out now...

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Sea, I finished War Brides. LOVED IT! it is now ready for anyone else to borrow. THANK YOU for lending it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think it is only one time borrowing. I loved it too!! So glad you enjoyed it!

However if someone is a Prime Member at Amazon, War Brides is on the Prime borrowing for free list (one a month).

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Starting Where'd You Go, Bernadette on my fabulous new Kindle Fire HD.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I finally received my new Kindle Fire HD. Long story short, after originally placing my order on Sept. 21st, it was sent to a facility in Santa Fe Springs, CA the next day and then got "lost" (ie: "lost" = stolen). I had to wait a number of days just in case it actually arrived to my home. It never arrived and then Amazon re-shipped it to me via a different route and I got it overnight. I've been playing with it the whole evening; so far I'm liking it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That's great, Eggie.. glad you finally got it.

Be sure to check out kindleboards.com .. Fire Talk for tons of discussion and free app of the day, Book Bazaar for free and bargain books.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm still reading everything on my iPad. Kindle and Nook books plus my iBooks from Apple. I'm going to get my family a couple of the new mini-iPads so they can read my books also. I've spent too much money on books that only I can enjoy. I will keep the new iPads in my name and my nieces will be very happy readers.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My sister bought me a Kindle Fire for my birthday!

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Yeah!!!!! Mamie!! Enjoy

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Fabulous Mamie, enjoy! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mamie, that's great! I haven't had my hands on a new one yet, but hear they are really nice.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
That's a nice sissie, Mamie.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Congrats!! I bet TVCH looks fabulous on the new screen! :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I do have a nice sissie :-) She wanted to get me something for all that I am doing with mom.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am looking for a holiday book for my bookclub. Last year we read "Redbird Christmas" and all loved that.

Anyone read a good, uplifting, holiday/Christmas book? Not a Christian/Jesus book as all our members are not Christians. Just something with a nice uplifting story.

Any suggestions? THANKS.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
We picked our book tonight - Truman Capote's "A
Christmas Memory".

Suz

10-13-2005

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Is the Kindle Foxfire the best reader to buy?
I saw on tv an advertisement for a white page one and was wondering which one would be best to buy for my DD.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Suz, it really depends on what you want from it. The new Kindle e-readers are called paperwhite for the display. I've never seen one myself. They are said to be better than the older versions.

Then there is the Fire (original isn't available) but I think there is something similar and then HD models in 7" and 8.9" with varying amounts of storage and in the HD one can get 4G with a great 1st year service from AT&T, or add it to a contract they have.

Those are backlit but quite nice for reading books, especially with pictures, and magazines, also video, personal pictures, games, productivity apps and so much more Music!.. my 8.9" has Dolby. Bluetooth..

I have to say I love my Kindle Fire!! And I like the larger size even more than I liked my smaller one for the last year.

Of course all of them are Amazon oriented.

Lots of Fires are going to be opened on Christmas morning (if they haven't beenopened already).

But there are so many other readers and tablets out there..

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'll pipe up for the K3. It's the non-backlit Kindle with the keyboard. I have the 3G enabled one, and I adore it! I have a netbook to do computer-like stuff, and my phone is an Iphone. I need my Kindle to be a portable library that I can annotate for teaching English. It is PERFECT for all of the above, AND when I went to Canada, it was free Internet connection, so I never used my phone. I just checked my e-mail on my Kindle and if I had to look at FB, I could use the Kindle for that, too. :-) It's not as pretty as the Fire for web surfing, but that isn't its primary purpose for me.

Suz

10-13-2005

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the advice. Now I have to go out and find one. It is already getting so busy in the stores that I hate to start. Thank you again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it depends on intended use, age of your DD, etc.

I love the calengoo app on my fire and syncs to google calendar so nicely.

But if she has a smart phone for some functions, she may not want them on a tablet.

Teach, do they still sell the Kindle Keyboard with 3g? I have one of those but need to return to square trade for a warranty refund.

Kindle touch, haven't had one of those.

Suz..of course you can order through Amazon and there are deals out there but careful, as Best Buy has done in the past, advertise a gift card with purchase but that gift card is what brings down the price, which is NOT what buyers expected.

www.kindleboards.com has people always looking for and posting about any deals out there.

But definitely look online to determine which stores carry what you might want.

Suz

10-13-2005

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the link Sea. They had good things to say about the Paperwhite Kindle. The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" sounds good to me. Do you have 16GB on yours? We both love to read. I think I might give her a card and tell her she can pick one and I'll get it for her. That way she can't say I got her the wrong one. Or is that a cop out and I should just pick one?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Suz, I have 32gb on mine but since I haven't gotten into watching video, not sure I really need it, but I got it. Did not go for 64.

A couple of the KB mods have the 8'9" and are incredibly generous (all their mods are) about sharing info, testing, answering questions, etc. 65,000 members and counting!

Actually not a cop out. But Amazon also has a generous return policy if you get it from them.. the usual 30 days, but at this time of year they start it at Christmas, perhaps even the first, but would check that out.

But I'm sure she'd like to choose the right size for her.
You certainly couldn't go wrong with the 8'9".. smaller than the regular sized ipad. I like reading on it more than on my 7" original fire and I liked that, too.

My last e-ink from them was my Kindle 3g (now called Kindle Keyboard, I think) so I'm not up on the touch or the paperwhites..

KB has more info on Fires in the Fire Talk forum.

(I'm Seamonkey there, too, and you'll see other TVCHers over there too.. )

I think your DD will have a great Christmas ;)