TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 14, 2012 users admin

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I'll definitely read more of her, too, Hermione.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They are good reads. I liked Sharp Objects more than Dark Places but it's still good too.

I am reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. The pictures are freaky!

I also just read on my new Kindle, Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell. Fun little book.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Mary, I read that a few weeks ago! It was different!

How are you today?? Hard day, huh?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm doing okay. I'm going to the eye doctor at 11:30 so I can't be all teary-eyed. I will save that for later. I do miss her already.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((((((((Mamie)))))))))

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Just picked up "Caveat Emptor" by Ken Perenyi. It is his confession of the major art forgeries he committed over a period of 30 or so years, now that the FBI has sealed his file and the statute of limitations has expired.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
On my hiatus I read 4 books. I read "Once in a Blue Moon" It was good, very reminiscent of Billy Cook books. I also read "Down River" by John Hart. I like it also. I read the New Robin Carr Virgin River novel "My Kind of Christmas"....her formula for books is getting a little tiresome after so many. I started Isabeau (couldn't finish it) and now I am reading Jodi Piccoult's 19 minutes. Next will be Frank McCourts "'Tis".

I am going to look into Blackberry Winter :-)

ETA: Oh, I also read "Marianna" by Susanna Kearsly...so far both of the books of hers I've read are just "meh" and kind of vanilla.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
I read a couple non-memorable mysteries. Just started "A Simple Thing" by Kathleen McCleary.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
A Simple Thing was okay for me.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
(Love you, Mamie!)

I'm revisiting the Harry Bosch series while waiting for the Gillian Flynn novels I have on reserve to become available.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Okay all my book loving friends, a friend told me the other day that she wants to get back into reading and she's looking for books about people who travel or who travel to live in other countries. I couldn't think of any but maybe you all kind souls can.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Eat, Pray, Love or Under the Tuscan Sun?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=127607&page=1

I did a search on Amazon using "travel memoirs" and there are some intriguing titles.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
A Fork in the Road, Tales of Food and Travel by ANIK SEE with a foreward by James Barber.

http://www.amazon.com/Fork-Road-Tales-Food-Travel/dp/0771576889

Loved this book!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
On the Kindle, I'm reading All She Ever Wanted by Rosalind Noonan. And my hardcover that I'm reading is A Little Night Magic by Lucy March.

I never was one to read more than one book at a time but now I've got a ton to review on the Kindle and a ton on my stacks of TBR books so while the Kindle charges, I read my books.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I always have one of two books on the cocktail table for home reading and another on CD's in the car!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...my Kindle only charges when I'm asleep. I forgot to charge it the other day so I was looking for a book to read while I contemplated the weird ways of the world (otherwise known as while I was in the powder room) and to my surprise couldn't find a single paperback in the house that I hadn't already read.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just charge mine every night while I sleep. My Kindle (Fire) is always with me.

I finished {Following Atticus} and enjoyed it.

Now starting Augie's Quest: One Man's Journey from Success to Significance by Augie Nieto and T.R. Pearson.

This is about a man who lives locally, in Corona del Mar, very successful creator of fitness equipment and fitness buff, who was diagnosed with ALS at age 44 and told "get your affairs in order". Instead he has become deeply involved in finding a cure for ALS and has outlived any predictions. Wuite a guy and I was pleased to get his book on Kindle for $2.99. It is lendable, once, after I'm done reading it.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Read One Hoof in the Grave, an ok mystery and skimmed A Christmas Wish. Now I am going to start Sarah's Key.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have sooooo many books to still read besides all the ones on the Kindle. I mean a whole lot of books! I have a bookcase that is filled with hardcovers that I have yet to read and in my closet and I have 5 stacks of paperbacks to read. I need to alternate between the Kindle and my books, seriously! Anyone is welcome to visit my library. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mamie, when I got my first Kindle I had hundreds and hundreds of TBR and I really thought I'd get to them all and I have read a few but I find it difficult, just want to read on a reader now. It was very odd and not something I anticipated, having always loved books, collected bookmarks..

I guess I still love books, but mostly just love reading and learning or imagining.

Of course you have your review books to keep you reading in all formats, I imagine.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I wish I lived close enough to become a member of your library! I have over 300 books on my Kindle but rarely read on it. They are my security blanket for anytime I may not be able to get to the library due to health, weather or eventual age and driving issues. I still prefer to read an actual book.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Just getting ready to crack A Casual Vacancy. Has anyone read it?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I have it on my Kindle but haven't read it yet.

I'm reading This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz. I won the copy and wasn't sure if I would like it but I really do. It's very gritty and harsh and yet not. I can't really explain it.

Mmq1943

02-22-2011

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mmq1943 a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for A Casual Vacancy. Loved the new Kate Morton book, The Secret Keeper.