TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2012 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Anntie, started the Brady book last night and had a hard time putting it down. I'm a bit suspicious of the red-haired man she met in the diner. Killer? Red-herring? I guess I'd better read some more tonight.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved, loved Blackberry Winter. I was in tears at the end.

I'm reading The End of Your Life Book Club and I am sure I will be in tears by the end, if not during, this one.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Just finished " The Passage" . What a roller coaster ride, chills and thrills from beginning to end.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Anntie, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone read any of the Anne Perry Christmas books? There are perhaps five or six of them?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
TNT - I haven't ready any of the Anne Perry Christmas books but have heard they are good.

I just started "Girl Gone" and can't put it down.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Reading "Porch Lights" by Dorothea Benton Frank.
A pleasant read.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Starting Gina Gershon's In Search of Cleo: How I Found My ••••• and Lost My Mind.

Hmm well that is the title..

Sea- I just bought that one! Looks like a light and diverting read.

Jasper-
Thanks for the Jennifer Hillier recommendation. I just started 'Creep'.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops, I actually finished Gina Gershon's In Search of Cleo: How I Found My ••••• and Lost My Mind. and it was okay but I kind of kicked myself for paying the price I did (kindle book),

Now reading Molly Ringwald's When it Happens to You and she's a fine writer!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sea, I really liked her stories.

I finished The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe and what a lovely tribute to his mom!

I am now reading Orphan Train by Cristina Baker Kline. I think it comes out in April or something like that. I was wracking my brain this morning to remember what story I had read recently about orphan trains because I hadn't heard of them before and finally realized it was The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember favorable reports here and then when it dropped to a lower price I snagged it!

Ahh, I really liked The Chaperone.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Read the Kindle short "Aftermirth" by Hilary Jordan and enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the ending of Dorian Gray - as I always do.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
When You Reach Me, a young adult novel. It is captivating. I don't want to say much because I foresee a twist. Anyone else read this?

Anntie

09-03-2010

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"Emory's Gift" by W.Bruce Cameron. This one is about a boy and a bear instead of dog's. I'm sure I will cry before I finish it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Jeanne Cooper's book Not Young, Still Restless and thoroughly enjoying it! She's a kick. I started it this morning after finishing Orphan Train (enjoyed it) and will probably be done tonight. It's a really fast read but she is so straightforward, you gotta love her.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was given the first book of the 50 Shades of Grey by a friend to cheer me up a bit after an injury I had and while recovering at home I had nothing to do but read this book and then I ended up reading the second and third book.
Sorry, didn't check to see if anyone also read this trilogy but it seems quite popular and they even think of making a movie from these books.
I read a lot of negative comments but if you get past the over the top sex scenes you start to accept the whole story in book 2 and 3, when you consider that this is a true true love and there are no limits to true love, right? People should really try to read with a bit of sense of humour, it's just fantasy and who doesn't wish that kind of fantasy, it was a nice way for me to escape the boredom of healing from my injury.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Wow! This one will stay with me for quite a while.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's quite something, eh Makkie? Have you seen the film? I read it about a year or so ago, and saw the film on the Demand channel on TV. Both are terrific!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I learned things that I had no idea about with Sarah's Key.

I'm reading A Simple Thing by Kathleen McCleary.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, a lot of us have read the 50 Shades trilogy. I enjoyed it very much and not just for the sex scenes but that was good too. lol

I am reading "A Kiss of Shadows" by Laurell Hamilton and the sex scenes are pretty crazy! Feys having sex is intense! I don't know if I will continue on with the other 7 books in the series. The story just kind of started without much background and I am a little lost.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"Lady Justice"; quite good suspense novel by Ellen Elizabeth Hunter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sarah's Key was memorable, for sure, Mak!

Finished Molly Ringwald's stories.. worth reading.

Now reading Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews. Starting slow..

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"The Book of Tomorrow" by Cecelia Ahern. It's different; I like it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read that one recently. Not one of her best books but I enjoyed it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Started The Brave by Nicholas Evans (Horse Whisperer and Smokejumper), and it's sucked me in already. I may have a very difficult time grading papers tomorrow after work. :-)