TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 03, 2012 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm almost finished with "Fifty Shades of Grey". My sister bought them and asked me if I wanted to read them. I guess. Why the hell not? lol. She bought all three, so I'll probably read them all.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Read Concrete Blond, an early Harry Bosch novel by Michael Connelly. Enjoyed it, as I usually do his novels.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke (on my Kobo)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finished The Homecoming of Samuel Lake last night and though I enjoyed it, it lacked something for me.

I started Carole King's A Natural Woman. I know that GAL read that one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Broken Laces. Widower and son try to cope after sudden death of wife/mom. Baseball theme.. Little League... Not bad.

Started The Voodoo Wave: Inside a Season of Triumph and Tumult at Maverick's by Mark Kreidler. Surfing.

Not lendable.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Unquiet by John Connelly. Wasn't a big fan. LOL....was looking at Michael Connelly books and picked it up by mistake. No contest as to whose writing I prefer!

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Reading When in Doubt Add Butter by Beth Harbison. Sassy chick lit about a personal chef.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Just started "Bagpipes, Brides, and Homicide" by Kaitlyn Dunnett. It's a run of the mill cozy,but since I have read the rest of the series I feel like I need to read it.

Also I am finishing "Sweet Laurel Falls" by
RaeAnne Thayne. It's my bed reading somewhat mindless paperback I use as a sleep aide.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Secret Language by Monica Wood. The characters are engaging and the writing excellent.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"Affairs of Steak" by Julie Hyzy, the latest in her White House Chef series. I've enjoyed them all. Her Manor House series, not so much.}}}

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I read "Betrayal" by Danielle Steel. Not very well written. Story was good, but something was very off in the writing. I felt like I was reading a book instead of being engrossed in the story. I don't read a lot of her stuff, but I don't think all that I have read of hers has been that bad!

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"Better Than Chocolate" by Sheila Roberts. Daughter tries to save families chocolate company. Anything with chocolate must be good!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading What Happened to My Sister by Elizabeth Flock. It's a follow-up to her book, Me & Emma, which I really liked.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I just finished They Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Kept my heart pounding the whole time!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Finished Sharon Kay Penman's "When Christ and His Saints Slept"

Long read, but rich with history. I enjoyed it.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"A Killer Read" by Erika Chase. A new cozy mystery series featuring women, books, cheese and two cats. Not too far into it yet, but it looks like a well written, fun read.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hopefully the cats stay away from the cheese - nothing worse than taking a bite of brie and finding cat hair in it...LOL!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
"Cutting For Stone" Abraham Verghese

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
LOL!!! So true RoxIp. The funny thing is the cats names are Brie and Edam. Thanks for making me laugh!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Dennecee - aren't they nail-biters? My DH is reading the trilogy right now. I loved all three of them, so I'm hoping he'll finish soon so we can talk about them! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Abraham Verghese.. read Cutting for Stone and The Tennis Partner.

I need to download Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from the cloud.. I know I have it..

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The first one is very slow to start but just sit back and relax because once the action starts, BAM!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Teachmichigan - OMG! I couldn't put them down! My husband and my daughter are just starting to read them.

I found it sad that the author died so young and never got to see how successful the books have been.

Since I finished reading Earth's Children series by Jean Auel(twice), I'm on the lookout for another good series. Can't wait for George Martin to come out with another Game of Thrones book!

Anntie

09-03-2010

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
"Friendship Cake" by Lynne Hinton. Read her years ago and decided to revisit her by starting with the first of her books. This time I may try some of the recipes in this book.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just enjoyed a book called 'Edenbrooke' by Julianne Donaldson. I found it to be Jane Austenesque. Something about the fall and spring seasons always make me want to take a dip in the Jane Austen pool. It was the author's first book and I look forward to her next.