TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 25, 2012 users admin

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that's awesome - the King/Taylor Troubadour recordings are legendary. Love Croce too - talk about gone too soon!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
GAL, I saw Crole King's interview on Larry King and she talked about the abusive husband and her hardscrabble life on the farm. I was shocked at that turn of events in her life.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
She made some strange decision for sure, Mameblanche - she was never clear whether she just wanted the hell off of the fame machine and took her best option or if she was that bedazzled by her men. Kind of a combination of both I think.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Sea I sent you an email regarding War Brides, that I had trouble getting it through Amazon and now it is gone. Need you to resend, please.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I was around when the first James Taylor and first Jim Croce albums came out. We loved James, but Jim.. just the best and when he died in that plane crash, just a tragedy.

landi, hmm, I just got an email from
Amazon saying the book had been returned and thought, wow, I know she is a fast reader, but...

Not sure I can resend since we can only lend once but I'll see what I can do. It SHOULD be available to the person I did lend it to!!

I'm going out for the afternoon so won't be around until later.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have Carole's book sitting on my shelf to read one of these days.

I'm reading The Language of Sisters by Amy Hatvany.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
landi.. I sent an email to Amazon through their help service and asked them to make that book available again.. I'll let you know what they say .

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Molly Ringwald's book of short stories, When It Happens to You. I love how the stories are connected.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amazon customer service is so good! They reactivated the lending in the book I lent to landi so she can actually get it downloaded and be able to read it..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I started reading Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir by Carol D. O'Dell.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm reading a series (I think the first book was "The Tree Shepherd's Daughter...I'm on the second one, which is "Into the Wildwoode.") by an author named Gillian Summers. It is a really cool story about elves and fairies and unicorns and the like. I thought it would be a throw-away (usually Kindle free has the first book of a series and so far I haven't been tempted that much to buy the second) but the concept grabbed me so I bought the second of the series.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is the beauty of free first in a series.. give us a chance to read a free book but if we get hooked, give the author more sales. Plus a free book offer bumps sales up on Amazon's list (though you can get a list without free books included too) and gets more attention.

I haven't read it, but I did get that free first book too.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
yep, and I am on Chapter 5 of the book right now Sea!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, if you are talking about The Tree Shepherd's Daughter you now know where you can borrow the second (and yes, I'm on the third one now) book...LOL!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
LOL Roxip! I may want to start that series next! If so, I know where to get it! I love our little TVCH Lending Library

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Absolutely!

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I really like it. It would make a great movie, too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hermione, I've had that one sitting on my shelf for ages. I need to get to it. I love the pictures.

I'm reading Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple. I've heard such great things about it and could not wait to read it. I'm loving it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finished Mothering Mother which was actually a compilation of her blogs, and quite good, though of course sad along with being sweet. Lendable, though I don't see a line at my door for it.

Starting Whale Song by Cheryl Kay Tardif, a Canadian author. Also lendable.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Hermi! Thank you! I have been trying to remember the name of that book for SO long! A friend told me about it a while back, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of it. Yay!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hermi & Jewels: The movie rights were sold to 20th Century Fox,[9] and Jane Goldman has been hired to adapt the story as a screenplay.[10] Tim Burton is to direct.[11] /wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Peregrine%27s_Home_for_Peculiar_Children#Film_adaptation

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Oooh, I better get to reading then!

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Ha, Jewels! Glad to help, even if I didn't know I would be helping.

Tim Burton would be a great fit for this book. It's very ... peculiar! I'm glad to hear he is on board.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finished Where'd You Go, Bernadette and it definitely lived up to all it's hype. Loved it!

I am now reading The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Whale Song.. it was okay..

Starting Broken Laces by Rodney Walther, which I got for 99 cents. Lendable.