TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 18, 2012 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Escapee, all the time. I buy a book thinking it sounds so good and realize that's because I've already read it!

I am reading a book for review, Gone to the Forest by Katie Kitamura.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that has happened to me, for sure.

The author of this book is pretty funny, so far!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I didn't read it during the Oprah hoopla and can read and appreciate it as a work of fiction. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I didn

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was one of the only books I ever returned, unread, to the store (Barnes & Noble) since it was misrepresented as true.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I just finished the new Lisa Jackson's book "You Don't Want to Know". I actually enjoyed it and I am a dyed-in-the-wool cozy mystery reader. I don't know if she is one of the formula romantic suspense authors or not since this is the only book i have ever read of hers but it certainly kept me in suspense! The reason I read it is because of being set in the Pacific NW. Gotta read your hometown books!!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am on the fourth book of "Earth's Children" series. byJean Auel I didn't think I would like even the first book "Clan of the Cave Bear" but ended up loving them almost as much as the Game of Thrones series.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I could use a good suggestion, and maybe a lendable?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I've always read everything that Lisa Jackson and Sandra Brown wrote. I've been disappointed in Lisa Jackson's last few books. I'm reading Sandra Brown's "Lethal" and I can't put it down. A real good mystery with a little romance.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sea, is that a BB post?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've read all of Jean Auel's books, too, many years ago. They are really good. She does tend to go into too much detail describing things at times.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved the first in the series and the second, the third was less exciting and the fourth, very disappointing.. or maybe the fifth.. I THINK I read that and so far haven't bothered with the latest one.

But the first was magic.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jesus, My Father, The CIA and Me: A Memoir ... of sorts by Ian Morgan Cron.

Really good book!!

Not lendable.. I lucked out and got it when it was $1.99. It is up to $8.79 now.

Now starting War Brides by Helen Bryan. $1.99. Lendable, but not while I'm reading it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I got a ton of new books yesterday. (Don't tell my husband!)

I am reading Good Graces by Lesley Kagen. It's a sequel to Whistling in the Dark, which I really enjoyed.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Harry Harrison, great science fiction writer, dead at 87.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
More than 500 Kindle books are available for $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 each, only through August 23, 2012. Shop now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=s9_hps_ft_feat?ie=UTF8&docId=1000705681&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_
rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=0BGQZKNE76QXE45AJF2E&pf_rd_t=1401&
pf_rd_p=1373808502&pf_rd_i=1000677541

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
War Brides is actually about a reunion of women who came together in various ways during WWII in a village near London, so far going back in time to the late '30s with each woman as they are on the way to London in closer to current times..

It is on Booklending's top 10 list of most wanted loans, too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I read Harry Harrison's Star Smashers of the Galaxy Rangers when I was a kid and I remember really enjoying how wacky it was.

Those are amazing prices. I'm jealous!

I recently finished two Stephen King books. I know I am very late to the game on this but I only recently started reading Stephen King so humor me.

The first one that I read was "The Stand". I know that is a much beloved book but I honestly wasn't that enthralled with it by the time I got to the end. I found it pretty long, dragging and repetitive. Perhaps that's because I read the Complete & Uncut Edition which I guess contained a lot of added material that wasn't in the original novel. I also didn't find the characters very compelling and the resolution was rather unsatisfying (I guess that's a personal thing). It's rather unusual for me because I usually enjoy longer books.

I also read "It". I liked It much much more than The Stand. I found the characters much more appealing and interesting. I particularly enjoyed his depiction of the characters when they were kids. He has a way of making his characters feel very real. There was one particular scene that I found rather disturbing but overall I enjoyed it.

So far out of the three that I've read, I liked Under the Dome the best. I'm really looking forward to reading 11/22/63.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I am reading one of Jen Lancaster's books right now too. (I'm so embarrassed to admit that! and haven't shared that with my RL friends!) She is funny! I've read 2 or 3 of them.

It is safe reading for me right now because if I read a novel, I'm like an addict until I'm done with it. Not much else gets done. I just don't have time to do that right now.

I'll need to find more books like JL's for when I'm done with all of hers.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I haven't read S. King in a long time, but I have fond memories of reading his books. His writing style really appealed to me years ago. (It might still too, but I don't dare pick up one of his page turners. I probably wouldn't even sleep until I was finished. :-))

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'm a Stephen King freak, loved "Under the Dome" and "The Cell" reminded me of vintage King.
I thought "11/22/63" started slow but stick with it. It's worth it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Teach... taking my time with NEW YORK... still have 25% left to go. It IS engrossing, but definitely NOT a page-turner. More of an endurance exercise since it's 880 pages! (And I am NOT that slow a reader. I picked it up again last night after taking a break from it for a few days.)

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
My cousin Peter P Harmych in New York just wrote his second book, "Rise Up: My Story of Overcoming Bullying" which is free for Kindle users this weekend on Amazon along with his first book "Downloads From Heaven". He overcame a lot growing up(asthma, autism) not to only live a wonderful life with a wife and daughter but to also be a published author and pastor! Please check it out!

Peter Harmych

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Congrats to your cousin, Zgoodgirl. :-)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, I saw your post on FB, and grabbed it up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, I listed them in the free book thread on Kindleboards.. he should see some activity from that.. the board is huge.