TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 11, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Call Me Tuesday by Lee Leigh Byrne.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Ladybug, we just might do that! We get so involved in the stories. I admire so much writers that can evoke such varied emotions. It sounds like you are in that coveted group.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
"Leigh" Byrne. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
TY - Sea and Teach!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Sea, I finished "We Need to Talk About Kevin" today. Intense. Gotta admit I cheated about halfway through and skipped to the back of the book (Stephen King hates it when I do that...lol) because I thought I knew where it was going (I was right.) I found out the movie is on Dvd and watched it after I'd finished the book. The film left out a lot of detail (don't they always) but dh liked it.
I recommend it, but it's definitely not light reading.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd sure agree there! About.. About Kevin!

As for my misspelling.. yikes.. I WAS just running out the door, but still.. I have no memory of spelling it that way.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
No worries, Sea. I just wanted to be sure she could find it if she was searching for the author's name. :-)

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Sea and Teach I'm just flattered that both of you remembered my name!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is some disconnect at times between my brain and my fingers..

The silly thing is I did remember the Leigh part, and the spelling, and zipped over to Amazon for the last name, but then messed up the first.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LOL - and I double checked the last name to be sure I was spelling IT correctly! I think you and I both worry about spelling TOO MUCH! Jst for tht, I'm gonna spll a bnch of wrds wrng! (You have NO idea how long it just took me to type that sentence! LOL)

The Winemaker is a FABULOUS book! I just finished it, and once again, I want to visit Spain! :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Really liked Dark Places, I'm waiting for Sharp Objects. She really has a way with words.

Reading A Secret Kept by Tatiana Derosnay.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished books 2 and 3 of the Project Eden thrille books, but there will be a fourth in the fall..

Next will be Dog Is My Copilot: Rescue Tales of Flying Dogs, Second Chances and The Hero Who Might Live Next Door, by Patrick Regan.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Mu Bff is dropping off a copy of "Gone" sometime this week. I am sure I have seen it mentioned hhere, but can't remember what was said!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster. I'm loving her pop references and snarkiness.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am starting what i hope is a series by Miriam Monfredo set in the mid 1800's. Am I just not prepared to deal with modern life or what?!?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Dog is my Copilot.. lots of great pictures and all about Pilots N Paws, a group of pilots of small planes who volunteer to move dogs around the country in order to put them in places where they will be saved/fostered/adopted.

(actually some of them have moved cats, snakes and other critters as well).

Very enjoyable.

Then I read a short book Confucious Cat Says by P.R. Mason.. which is just cute sayings by/about cats.. cover with a black cat sucked me in of course.

Now starting One Shot at Forever: A Small Town, An Unlikely Coach, and a Magical Baseball Season by Christ Ballard. Takes place in Macon, Illinois.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Starting: No Time for Goodbye - Linwood Barclay. I really enjoy his books, good thrillers. I liked A Secret Kept, not as much as Sarah's Key, but a good read.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have a book to review that I am reading. It's titled Riding Fury Home. It's a memoir by Chana Wilson about her mother and her mother's fight with mental problems but it seems as if she was subjected to electric shocks because she had a relationship with a married woman and they were trying to "cure" her.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I just finished a book called "Summerland" by Elin Hilderbrand. It's the story of a girl killed in a car accident on graduation night, she was a Junior, and how the families involved cope with her death. It was really good read. It was book of the month on iBooks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jag, I have that one on my pile. I usually enjoy her books very much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finished One Shot at Forever.. enjoyed it..

And now starting a book I snagged when it was $2.99 for a day as kindle book of the day.. The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty.. enjoying it right away.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Re-reading The Book by M. Clifford because my AP kids are reading it this summer.

And one Yay for Kindle - I have no idea when this changed, but I can now annotate while reading on my netbook app. It is SO much easier than typing on my K3. Plus, I'll be able to pull up my notes/highlights with my school projector for class discussions. Win-Win!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading The Playdate by Louise Millar and loving it. It's got me on the edge of my seat, wondering who is bad or good.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I went to a book signing last night for Lisa Unger. She's written 11 books. What a totally charming woman and it was fascinating to get insight into her writing process.

I bought her latest book "Heartbroken" and starting it today.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished The Playdate and loved it! Lots of yummy twists and turns.

I am now reading The Age of Desire by Jennie Fields. It's a fictional account of an affair that Edith Wharton had and also her relationship with her governess who works as her secretary in the older years. I got this one for review so hoping I like it.