TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 02, 2012 users admin

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Ugh, I'm just not a biography person. I don't find anyone that interesting enough to read about. How sad is that?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
What kind of books do you like Escapee?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am struggling through a book called "Power Down" by author Ben Coes. it is an action book based on a terrorist attack on major US facilities and it is good but it is so detail-oriented that I have been having to "plow" through details at time to get to the story.

Kind of like Tom Clancy at times...he is so in love with the technology that he can just about wear you out!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I have started "Defending Jacob"...enjoying it!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Reenie, that's a good one.

I'm reading one I am really enjoying called Henny on the Couch by Rebecca Land Soodak.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Reading The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer. Love him....and am enjoying this series.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Currently reading: Nora Roberts' - The Last Boyfriend, Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book #2.

Very enjoyable.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished an ARC of One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf. You all should run out and read this one when it comes out. I was on pins and needles until the ending. I had to stop myself from turning to the last pages.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Read half of My Name is Not Easy on the car ride to the folks today. I'll be finishing it tonight - it's a YA book, but I'm enjoying it. (Shoot -I'd enjoy anything after 30 research papers! LOL)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finished Sybil: In Her Own Words. Very interesting for me.

Teach, I trust you weren't driving?

Started a novel, Daughters for a Time by Jennifer Handford.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LOL - The DH was behind the wheel, Sea...no worries!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OH, I knew that! Or it was an audible book.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Michael Robotham's Night Ferry. It has a great leading character in a Sikh woman who is a detective with London Police. It is very interesting but it is frustrating not to beable to peek ahead and see just what is going to happen. That is one of the drawbacks to an ereader!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished a cute little distraction, The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service by Beth Kendrick. It was a fun little story about a woman who matches people up with the perfect pet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finished Daughters for a Time, which I got for $1.99 on Kindle and which turned out to be quite readable and I kept turning back to it because I wanted to see what happened. Sad at times, but very sweet.

Now started a re-read (but first time on Kindle) of Norman Mailer's The Executioner's Song.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've started and advance copy of The Red House by Mark Haddon. I absolutely loved his book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.

Serate

08-21-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Call Me Tuesday by Leigh Byrne. In the Facebook thread JMM asked for likes on the page for her friends book. I liked, then clicked the link to Amazon & read about it. 99ยข for Kindle download. Based on the author's bring abused by her mom as a child. I'm halfway through. Very sad. Very touching. Very riveting.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I just finishing "Defending Jacob"...don't want to give anything away...will just say excellent!!!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Anybody read "Fifty Shades of Grey"? I downloaded it and will read it soon. Read "Defending Jacob"..excellent. Just finished "Lone Wolf" by Jodi Picoult. Very good book but I know more about wolves than necessary, but it puts the whole book into perspective.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
lol, the question should be "will anyone admit to reading Fifty Shades of Grey??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Someone already did, up thread.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh, I read it and I think I'm really odd, at least after talking to people I know who read it and realizing my reaction was completely different than theirs. Like them, I enjoyed it, but it was because I laughed my butt off through all three books (the first one I found the funniest, but all three pretty enjoyable reads.)

I will admit I get pretty bored with the sex scenes (urban fantasy, which is a favorite genre of mine, has become a romance/erotica magnet for some reason) and tend to either skim quickly through or skip them altogether and there's a lot of sex scenes in Fifty Shades. It's not serious literature, but a quick, fun read. And I've had some pretty fun conversations with my friends who have also read it (nice change too since we're not usually reading the same stuff!)

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I will admit to reading almost anything! On Book 3 now. Liked the first one the best, but all have been interesting to me (for the reasons I stated above.) And yeah....after a while you're going "Alright, already...let's move on" with the sex scenes. But like War, the conversations I am having with people crack me up. Most are shocked I am not only reading it, but will discuss it. One of my guy friends happened onto a conversation about it and while he started to harass me, he was the one that ended up walking away because he couldn't handle the conversation! It was fun.

At the same time I am listening to the 2nd book in the current Jeffery Archer series "Sins of the Father." He is one of my all time favorite authors and I am really enjoying this series.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is a Saturday Night Live commercial for Amazon and Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm giving my sister my three copies with an added "microphone" as a joke. She'll die... hee hee.

Check this out...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amazon-mothers-day-ad/1400037

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG, LOVE that clip!!!

Maybe they'll make it a Kindle Deal of the Day some time.

Looks like it might be best read in paperback, though