TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 29, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
THT .. the title is A Wish and a Prayer.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sea - how funny! I was coming back here to ask that very question! I will certainly put it on my wish list at the library!

Nala63

09-20-2005

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
has anyone read george r.r. martins game of thrones series? i thought 5th book was going to be the end, but nooo he is going to write two more. as fast as he writes, either i or he will be dead before his last book is published, lol.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've read the first two so far. LOL - I'm pacing myself. He's a very slow writer. I've enjoyed the books though.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have requested my local library to purchase the new Blessings book!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Just got an email from the library informing me that they are ordering the book! Quick work, that!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished the loveliest book, Wonder by R.J. Palacio. I'm still teary-eyed. It's a book written for middle school kids but everyone should read it. It's really a story about how being kind can change the world. The lead character of Auggie, has a severe facial/cranial abnormality and he's going into a real school for the first time and it happens to be the 5th grade, middle school. It's touching, heartwarming, just wonderful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is super, TNT!!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Just started Kate Collin's FlowerShop mystery series "Mum's the Word". I'm about half way thru the book and enjoying it. It does remind me of Janet Evanovich's writing but lower keyed.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I started Gossip by Beth Gutcheon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished A Wish and a Prayer and am already missing these people and their town. The good news is that she mentions next time.. just have to endure the wait!

Started Growing Up Amish which is a memoir.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Superg! I have added Kate Collins in my list of new cosy authors to read!

Mmq1943

02-22-2011

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mmq1943 a private message Print Post    
I finished "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova earlier this year. I would recommend it to everyone who loses a word or their keys at times.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Mmq, that's a really good book.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oooh, I went to look and found out I bought Still Alice in 2009 (and I got it before the Steve Jobs price jump, too), so I downloaded from the cloud to read soon..

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I picked up a book entirely because of the title! Turns out it is pretty good!
Birthdays Are For The Dead by Stuart MscBride is a murder mystery that I couldnt put down!
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/51222/birthdays-for-the-dead-stuart-macbride-9780007344178

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Sorry but I got the title wrong for the book above! Its "Birthdays For The Dead".

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this has been posted but you all of been talking about the book and this is so funny when Ellen reads the book "50 Shades of Grey"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3JCwnwHbU&feature=player_embedded

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LOVED this! I haven't read the book (yet), but now I want Ellen to read the whole thing! LOL

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Isn't that book part of a series?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That clip is hysterical!!!!

Tnt, yes it is the first of a trilogy. I bought all three as I started off enjoying the first one. It became so repetitive and cliche that I couldn't finish. I really don't understand all of the fuss. I found it a bit juvenile.

If anyone wants the trilogy, send me your address and I'll mail them to you for free. Otherwise I'll be donating them to my local library.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I just read a really interesting book; Unorthodox by Deborah Feldman. It is an autobiography of a young girl (she was 22 when she wrote the book) who was raised in the Satmar group which is related to the Hassidic sect of Judaism. It is the story of her life and how she ultimately left the sect. Being from NY you frequently see Hassidic women and their children but you know so little about them, what their life is like and this was such an interesting read for me. It gave a glimpse into their ultra conservative life style and here they are living in the middle of NYC. they are not allowed to speak english, so much interesting information. An easy read too. Check it out if it comes to your library.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sounds very interesting, Maris!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
FYI: Audible.com is having a sale through May 1st on all the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. These 7 audio books are unabridged and read by Davina Porter. Each audio book is going for $7.95 each which is a great price.

MODS if this post isn't appropriate for this thread, please go ahead and remove, thanks!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) I had all of them but Outlander, so my set is complete. That is indeed a fabulous price! I remember when I was paying over $100 for the cassette versions of the first five!