TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 12, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a really interesting concept. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely worth reading.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I emailed the library to find out why it's taking so long for me to get "11/22/63" and I got a email back saying they can't find my account in their system! So now, I've got to make an extra trip to the library to get my library card replaced. Ugh! And then I will get put on the waiting list, meaning the last over two months waiting don't count! Double ugh! And they say they don't know what happened and are sorry for the inconvenience. : (

Will probably finish Mockingjay in a day or two.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Finished Mockingjay this morning. They are good books.

Went to the library and got my card reinstated. Now my wait for 11/22/63 starts all over.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hope they have enough copies; it is BIG book.. (well, not on kindle but a long one.)

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I am almost thru "Dropped Names"...I'm afraid he may have tarnished my images of a few stars. At first it started out as a nice little chatty gossip book but then it gets down and dirty. I am not sure what is true and what is in his imagination. He hints he and Jackie O had a fling. It is interesting to say the least!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just read Rachel Dratch's (of SNL, 30-Rock fame) book, 'Girl Walks into a Bar . . . Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle'. I loved it.

Amy Poehler's quote on the back sums it up... "A hilarious look at how beautiful and unpredictable life can be. Like Dratch, Girl Walks in to a Bar... is honest, surprising, and always funny. Too bad Oprah isn't on anymore, because she would lose her shit over this book".

Off to read "Fifty Shades of Grey" next to see what all the fuss is about.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I just finished MudBound. A quick read. I liked it ok.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, you will have to let us know how it is. I want to read Rachel's book.

I finished The Cove by Ron Rash. It was a story about irrational fears after World War I and a little mystery and love blended it.

I've started So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White. It's a book in her Bailey Weggins series and I always enjoy those.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, there are 2 books on Amazon 11/22/63 and 11/22/1963 - one is by Steven King and one is not. Which one are we talking about upthread?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Steven King's.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was the one that looked better. Thanks. Too bad it is so expensive - even on Kindle!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Picked up "Sixth Man" by David Baldacci for my book club this month. Thsi will be my first taste of his work - although he has a gazillion books out there!

I do hope to sneak in at least a couple more Cleo Coylecoffeehouse books before I start the club one!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Tnt are you looking at coffee in a whole new light?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Superg - Yes, of course! I am still not a fan - as I am of wine - and don't find her recipes to date to be particularly interesting - but I love the back story and the feisty gal!

Have you read the Savannah tea house series? Another interesting look at beverage savoring!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
LOL..I am still waiting for a cozy theme with my favorite drink...diet Coke!! Who is the author of the Savannah series? This is a great site to keep up with the cozies http://www.cozy-mystery.com/

I think my favorite is probably Laura Childs Scrapbook series set in New Orleans. Interesting characters to follow thru New Orleans.

I just finished the "Dropped Names" so am back to my cozy mystery series by Sally Goldenbaum "Queen Bee Quilters" set in Kansas.

If you have ever read Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson mysteries you know how good her recipes are. Jim always liked when a new book came out of hers. Really inspired me to cook!!

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I have read all of Joanne Fluke's books, except the new one. Love them!

Also, I have one of Laura Childs Scrapbook series.

SO I am interested in the Savannah series, too.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have read the Joanne Fluke's books and also like the Colorado caterer's recipes!

Laura Childs is the Savannah author. Diane Mott Davidson is the author for the CO series which really does have some excellent recipes!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Colorado caterer are the Goldy Bear stories, right? I enjoy those.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jut plowed through The Hunger Games from beginning to end in about 5 hours today. Not sure if I have the stomach for the movie but I LOVED the book. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Mame, it's really not bad, sad yes, but not gory at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It really was a gripping movie, and I thought it was beautifully shot.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mamie, the Goldie Bear books! Sounds like kiddie lit, doesn't it? LOL!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Isn't that strange that I love the scrapbook series but just haven't gotten into her tea series. Guess I will try again...I think because I tried listening to it on an audio book and I find I enjoy my cozies in print. One of the things about cozies is half the fun is trying to solve them and with the printed page you can go back and check a clue. Under no circumstances will I check the back page to see who the murderer is...even tho it is so tempting at times!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks 'Necee & Roxi. :-) It's something to think about. :-)