TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 14, 2012 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TNT if I had a dead-tree book, I'd lend it to you by snail mail but it's on my Kobo.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Appreciate the thought, Mame, but I have lots of other reading material in the meantime. I think the Blessing books will go really, really fast. I still have a couple of P. Gregory's boosk which are great reads but 600= pages each!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Finished the first Blessing book and well into the second one - loving them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ahh, TNT.. wish I was back on the first! I finished the third and found out in her afterword (which may or may not be in the regular copies) that she herself was a foster mom (or actually adopted) of a difficult child.. anyway.. done with the three and now wishing it was next month when the fourth book will be out.. I have it pre-ordered already.

Not often that a book makes me wish I lived in that place, knew those people.. but these did that.

Glad to hear you like them.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Finally finished "The Life and Death of Andy Warhol" by Victor Bockris yesterday morning. What a life he led - he was an enigma even to the people closest to him. I do recommend the book, although it could use some color plates of Andy's artwork to better illustrate the artistic sensibilities of the subject.

Began and finished the following book yesterday: "Incognito: An American Odyssey of Race and Self-Discovery" by Michael Sidney Fosberg. Very engaging book, especially for those who are genealogically-minded. He is an Armenian man raised by his mother and step-father, who only in mid-life thinks to track down his bio father, who turns out to be African American.

Now working on "Portrait of a Killer" by Patricia Cornwall. In my early adult life as a prosecutor I was interested in the case of Jack the Ripper, even collected a few books on him. Cornwell believes she has found the answer. We shall see.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sea - I look forward to following up on two of the back stories about the original inhabitants of Henry Adams in "Night Song" and "Something Like Love." The history of the Black Seminoles draws me to "Topaz,"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, I may get to those as well, though I'd love it if they put something on sale with the new one coming out, but I suspect it would be one I've already bought. I'm just happy the first one was on sale and that led me to discover the author.

I like having the historical info woven into the plots too.

I still wish someone like Oprah would buy the movie rights.
I am starting a book I got recently, Still Missing, a novel by Chevy Stevens.. got it for $2.99.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Incognito sounds good, Gal.. I clicked the link to request it on Kindle.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Disappointed that my library does not have "Night Song" which introduces the town of Henry Adams!

I may check if they have it for an inter-library loan - I have never asked for one of those, so maybe it is time to check that feature out!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm now reading the second book of The Hunger Games. Again, having a hard time putting it down, but it makes me so sad to read it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I am also on the second book of Hunger Games for the second time. Such a fast read but yeah they are sad too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I want to finish them before I go and see the movie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Now I've moved on to The Mockingjay.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
You'll be ready for the movie!

I didn't get into to Two Truths and a Lie at all. Very disappointing.

I'm reading The Lost Daughter by Lucy Ferris.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
does anyone have Mockingjay on the kindle I could borrow? dying to read it!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
LAND...sorry, I don't have Mockingjay. My daughter lent it to me from her Kindle.

Has anyone read "The Kitchen House" or "The Tiger's Wife"? I'm looking for a good read for my book club.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Landileigh, if I finish it today (highly likely) I will try and contact you and figure out what we can do.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Landi, I sent you an email.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I sent you one back!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
thank you so much Roxip! I got it! gonna get some lunch and settle down for a good long read with all of this rain!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Reenie, I really like The Kitchen House.

I finished The Lost Daughter. Bleh. I haven't been overwhelmed with the last two books I've read.

I'm now reading Tempest by Julie Cross. It's a YA time travel book. Looks to be a quick read.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Finished the third Blessing book and started "Crossroads Cafe." I have ordered "Something Like Love" and "Topaz" from my local library and "Night Song" from the inter-library service. I was surprised that some of the covers on the Jenkins' books made them look like "bodice rippers!" Not my kind of books -

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
MAMIE - thank you!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, I'll be interested what you find. I wasn't drawn to those covers, either, but loved the Blessings books and can't wait for the fourth one to show up on my Kindle next month.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Got "The White House: The President's Home in Photographs and History" by Vicki Goldberg today. Have only flipped through it, but very excited to read it in the next few days.