TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 10, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess like anything it is a matter of adjusting to the particular tool that you are using for the work you are doing.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
And adjusting to whatever prof you have and how s/he wants it done! LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the bottom line!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I finished The Hunger Games. I'm a little shattered by the abrupt ending, and yet at this point reluctant to download the next book, especially since I made the mistake of reading reviews about the following two books in the trilogy. I think I will have to ruminate on this for a few days...but you were right - I couldn't put The Hunger Games down until I finished...it was SOOOO stressful!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think all three books received generally positive reviews?

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i'm halfway through the second book. to me, it just continues the story and am totally interested in it. i'm just as entranced as I was for book 1

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I'm re-reading The Hunger Games in anticipation of the upcoming movie and I'm liking it better the second time around.

I thought all three books were one big book cut into thirds so Roxip I'd read the next 2 no problem.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I started the second book pretty much immediately after the first. And Teach loaned me the third so I went right into that.

For Kindle, if you haven't downloaded any of them yet, check out the bundle of the three.. cheaper.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I read all three, and it was worth it. But I had to read all three right in a row, because it really was more like one long book, than three individual ones.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i've been grateful they were on the kindle lending library. started book 1 the last day of february. problem is i'll be done with book 2 before I can get book 3 out of the library. anyone have book 3 to loan?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, yes, I had to read them in a row too.

landi, sorry, book 3 is the one I borrowed so I don't have it or you would be most welcome.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know how to loan Kindle books. Is it easy? If you tell me how, I'd be glad to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm running out the door but it is easy.. I think Teach told me how in this thread awhile back. I'll check back in later but likely to be gone until late afternoon, as my patient has 3 hours of appointments starting at 1:30pm.. off to Curves now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ooops.. the other thread how are you reading it..

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have the seocnd Blessing book, but I am guessing I should read them in order?

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Finished Seal Team Six....enjoyed it a lot. I rarely read non-fiction, but it reads like a biography. Seems balanced and thoughtful and true (which means it isn't always comfortable.) Now am reading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I haven't read anything of his in a while...I didn't like the sort of sappy combo'd with sadness. But a friend is doing a bookclub and chose it, so I decided to give it a go. So far it's been OK.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend by Rachel Bertsch (on my kobo vox)

I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I am. :-) It's fascinating and I recommend it.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
mame, i so want to read that book! a friend of mine suggested it, said it was one of her faves.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Landi, it's the first one I'm reading on my new Kobo. :-) Your friend is right, I think you'll enjoy it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I won a copy of that book and it's on my massive TBR pile(s). I am glad to know that you liked it so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, yes, I would get the first Blessing book and read it first. She does a good job of 'splaining some background of each character in subsequent books, but you'd lose so much. If you end up liking them, they will go very fast for you. Probably would if you didn't like them ;)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Okay! All books requested are available for pick-up tomorrow, so can get started on the Blessing series. That is my reward for slogging through fifteen of Bret Harte's short stories about the Gold Rush to research period foods for the Opera's up-coming preview of "Girl of the Golden West!"

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Joanne Fluke's new book "Cinnamon Roll Murder" is out now and available for download at almost all the libraries. Another fun cozy mystery series!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished The Garner Files. I think it was like sitting down with James Garner and just having a conversation with him. He's pretty much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of guy. I think his character in Murphy's Romance was pretty much him.

I'm now reading Two Truths and a Lie by Katrina Kittle. I've loved her newer books so I have high hopes for this older one.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am 33rd on a waitlist for one of the eight copies of the Bertsche book - probably six to eight weeks althrough it has been known to be faster!