TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
People talking during a movie

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: People talking during a movie users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 03, 2012Kookliebird25 04-03-12  3:37 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
A couple months ago I took one of my dds to see Journey 2, middle of the week, middle of the day. We go into a 100% empty theatre and sit in the back row, sorta in the middle. Couple minutes before the movie starts 4 older folks (I specify older because I am trying to be fair and reduced hearing might explain loud voice) come and sit RIGHT beside me. Not even one empty seat between us and we are now the only 6 people in the theatre. Then the guy next to me leans over to the woman beside him and whispers (LOUDLY) "Tell her to move. There's only 2 of them. Tell her to move further down". I didn't hear the woman but I gather she told him to stick it. LOL I wasn't going to move without the jerk at least having to ask me so just pretended I didn't hear. About ten minutes into the movie he went to the washroom and when he returned he sat on the other side of his group. Not only rude but really awkward then you are the only ones in the theatre.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You know, this is a funny topic because I have seen - gasp - a couple of movies in the last week or so. Both times I actually have thought how courteously people spaced themselves out in the seating!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Rissa, that is SO weird! Talking about invading a person's space!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
When we went to see The Hunger Games a few weeks ago, I had a seat kicker behind me. Seat kicker and movie talkers. During the previews, every film preview that came up, they were saying how stupid they were. And then the Breaking Dawn preview came on and the gal was infatuated. She kept talking about how she couldn't wait, how great it was. Then during the movie, she kept kicking my seat. I turned my head around a few times but she didn't get the message. Then during the movie, the guy kept saying Oh No, every time there was some kind of dramatic action. She would then tell him that it was okay. They were driving me insane. My sister, who was sitting on the aisle, had a little kid running up and down the aisle all during the movie. Fun!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I hate that too when kids kick the seats I turn around politely ask them to stop.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can understand one kick, maybe two, but not the whole movie.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's when I get up and move.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
You shouldn't have to get up during the movie because of a kid kicking a seat and it your seat that you probable got to the movie early to get.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I know I shouldn't have to, but when the kicking doesn't stop. or the talking doesn't stop, I'm not going to sit there and suffer. Once you ask them to stop kicking or give them a few SHHHhhhh and they don't stop, it's time to move for my own sanity before I toss my popcorn on them! :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Was it sold out and you couldn't change your seat?

That is such a PITA. I do try the glare first though a few times. And then depending on my mood I'll ask them to stop or I'll just get up and move - if there's available seating.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We couldn't change seats and all sit together. I would have been on my own so I sat there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That really sucks Mamie. Next time, afterwards complain (nicely, but firmly) to the manager how you were unable to enjoy the film due to this. I'm pretty sure you'll get a Pass for your next flick, if the manager is a fair person. Movie's cost a mint these days, it's not a lot to expect to enjoy them in peace.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I had a couple of guys put their feet on the seats above me I asked them nicely to take them off, I don't get guys why do they think the theater is their living room it not. These guys did take their feet off.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
A couple of years ago, during winter, a woman came into a movie theater I was in. She was very drunk and promptly fell asleep. the snoring was so loud we could not hear the movie. We complained to management and they removed her and we got free tickets for missing part of the movie. Now if I have to complain about a kicker or talker, I will move first, but if it still disturbs the film. I will report them and ask for a free pass. If they ask why i should get a free pass, I tell them because there was no staff checking on the theater. I always get a free pass.

Also if you go to the cinema and the movie does not work, they usually give you a free pass and let you see something else. But ask for a refund for any popcorn or drink you buy. They will give it to you.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I never thought of that Thanks Pippin04 if it happens again I do it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I am still lol about your April 3 post. I told my 21 year old DD about it and she said it seems like something you'd see in Betty White's Off Their Rockers!

Callasin

06-21-2005

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Sheilaree people are always putting their feet on things at our theater. We had an area with several sofas grouped around a big round coffee table. There was almost always someone with their feet on the sofa or on that table. People would even take their shoes off and put their feet on the table. Then a hour or so later you would see people eating at that same table.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
That different situation not when someone is sitting in the seat in front and it bothering them they should put the feet down.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: