TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Grey

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Grey users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Roger Ebert watched 30 minutes of a movie right after seeing The Grey and walked out. He said it wouldn't have been fair to the second film. He said it's the only time it ever happened to him.

After seeing The Grey myself I know how he felt.

I strongly believe that after you see it you'll know too.

ps. There's a short scene after the credits.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Whats the premis Ketchup?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
iTS ABout a plane consisting of unruly oil rig men and it crashes in remote Alaska and about their survival.

Sounds like my kind of movie.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I heard two critics talk about it on the radio. Both said it is a very good movie. One said hard to say in January, but could be up for an Oscar for 2012 movies. Both said sound is very good. I rarely go to movies, but think I will go this week.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Doesn't sound like mine Thanks for the warning I pass on the movie

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I saw it this afternoon. Good. Plane crash -- WOW!! You might not want to fly after. Yes, it is good. But there are two other "surviving the frozen North" movies that are also very good. The Edge and Limbo. Those movies, especially Limbo, are different from The Grey. I'd say they're all kind of equal in their own way.

As I was watching, one of the guys looked a little familiar under all that make-up. Hendrick is Dallas Roberts, Alicia's brother Owen on The Good Wife.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
DS and I went to see this today, and that is exactly how I explained it to my husband: The Edge with wolves and a plane crash. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and DS commented how "literary" like the ending was. :-) We both want to read the short story that was the basis for the movie.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Can I say I have a shirt Alec Baldwin wore and a sweater (sleeves were cut off so I wear it as a sweater vest) Anthony Hopkins wore in The Edge. Bought them at movie memorabilia store in Disney World so I do believe they're authentic. Got a wardrobe tag with Baldwin's shirt.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Cool!

I just found out there was an extra scene at the end of the movie that we didn't see (after the credits). I hadn't read this thread to prevent any possible spoilers, and now I'm kicking myself.

Would someone who DID see it PM me or post it in a spoiler box here so I can at least know what we missed? I would greatly appreciate it!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
PMed you, Teach.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i decided not to watch this since it sounds like the same old kind of formula plot. i MAY attempt to watch it since it sounds like its well done.

but if its gratuitous,or corny i'm out.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Color! Even that bit is "literary" according to DS. Foreshadowed by one of the first scenes, etc. I'll definitely see it again when DH sees it - not sure if he'll see it at the cinema or wait for it on Amazon Instant, but I enjoyed it enough to watch again. However, I am notoriously easy to please when it comes to movies. I don't expect realism - I want it to be a good story, have actors I like and require nothing of me but a good laugh or a good cry. :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw it. It was ok. Not as good as I thought it would be. Not terrifying.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Dh used the same word as Happymom. He thought it was *ok* and didn't like the ending. I didn't see it, not my type of movie.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There was so much talk about it the first Friday / weekend, Jan. 27, 28, 29. This past weekend heard very little and it came in 3rd or 4th at the box office.

For myself, it says something about how much I like a movie if I see it in the theater and still buy the DVD. I don't plan to buy the DVD of The Grey.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
a complete waste of time. its a movie basically ego stroking Liam neeson's style.

NOTHING made sense. I would love to list all the silliness but i found it a frustrating mess of a plot and a nonsensical semi fantasy.

its like someone came up with a framework for a decent plot, then no one ever filled in the holes.

the only thing i'll say, which shouldnt ruin the movie, is that liam's character decides they should leave the wreck. No compass, no directions, No concept of where they are, where they are going and HOW the HECK rescuers would ever find them IF and when the officials located the plane.

the silliness continued from there. oh and Glow in the dark wolf eyes (eyeroll) and a BEAR sized leader

BEST thing aobut the movie is the beautiful British columbia scenery. I knew a few people from Smithers. its a lovely little town

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Didn't the river give them a slight sense of where they might be and what direction to go? That was the only thing.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
His reasoning for leaving the wreck was that no one would ever find them and they would get eaten by the wolves.

Color, I thought the same about the river.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: