TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
War Horse

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: War Horse users admin

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
DH and I took the girls to see this movie yesterday. I had read them the book. It really doesn't follow the book close enough for me, but the idea is the same. Being a horse person, parts of it were VERY hard for me to watch. Overall it's a little long, but it was good. I recommend it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I want to see this one...glad to know that it is a good book. (I still haven't recovered from the opening scenes of The Horse Whisperer myself...and that was 14 years ago!)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
There are parts in the Movie that will get ya, too then.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was pregnant with my daughter when I saw it, and even though I had read the book seeing the scenes enacted on the movie screen were tough (and I am and was a horse lover but right at that moment I wasn't sure that I would ever let my daughter touch a horse, much less ride one!).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My husband wants to see this but I dont like movies where the animal dies. Never have seen "Marley and Me" for that reason. Watched "My Dog Skip" at the theater and made a fool out of myself sobbing.Does the horse die?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Spoiler for Lakecat:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The horse lives, but you will still need tissues for other sad parts.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I don't want to because it a sad movie

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
It's a good mix of both sad and happy and it has some humor tossed into it as well.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There's not enough money in the world to make me see any sad animal movies.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just came home from seeing the movie. I was almost afraid to watch it but I definitely enjoyed it. Spielberg does it right! I was anxious for the movie to start and we had to sit through 25 minutes of coming attractions.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My friend saw this movie and she said the only disturbing part to her was how beautiful and healthy the horse stayed throughout the movie, even when they should have used a "horse double" because obviously the horse went through some stressful times, if that makes sense (in other words she said the horse should have looked thin and yucky towards the end). But then again she's a horse person, so she probably would have noticed this more than the average viewer.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I found the deaths of the soldiers more disturbing than anything animal related in this film. They way they fought -- running straight into fire -- just gives me the chills.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Glad I'd read the book before seeing this movie, which didn't follow the book as much as I'd have hoped for. Still, war is hell on men & horses alike and it eventually had a happy ending for Joey and Albert.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I liked the movie, but I felt it was like Black Beauty with a different backdrop (sort of).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I watched this movie on an airplane.
Finally got to see the stage play.
Just amazing how they did the puppetry for the horses. And the slight differences between the play & the movie didn't bother me.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
It will be on the screens through National Theatre Live in the new year//the play version..I look forward to seeing it

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched this and don't know why I waited so long. I am a blubbering mess! I didn't think I would cry throughout the whole movie but I did.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've been avoiding it fearing violence.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There isn't enough money to make me watch this movie.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I still regret seeing this movie. Anybody who thinks they "might" cry during the entire movie surely will. I did. Do NOT see this movie. I couldn't believe when I saw ads for it again recently. What gives? Has it been reissued?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: