TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Breaking Dawn part 1

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Breaking Dawn part 1 users admin

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
We went and watched this on Thursday Night/Early Friday Morning and thought it was the best one yet. I would like to hear what everyone else thought.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've heard that the birthing scene is bordering on horror film. I honestly have little desire to see this one. We have the other 3 on home video. I've told DD that we probably need to wait until home video where I can pre-screen and I can fast forward through the gore (she has a thing about blood).

I thought the first film and book were the best. I thought the last book was ridiculous (and glad the series had ended LOL)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I won't be seeing it either. I do have 3 daughters (age range from 15 to 24) who went on Saturday and declared it possibly the worst movie ever made. LOL They said they had 4 girls in front on them who were right into it and kept getting upset because the rest of the theatre kept laughing at the serious parts.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I liked it. When the movie ended everyone went nuts cheering and clapping! It did really good in the box office to

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Of course it's going to open big -- all the die hard fans will go see it. I wonder if the attendance will drop like a lead balloon for this coming weekend. That will be more telling.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Dlkuhn4, I liked it too but then again, I'm one of those die hard fans. Guilty as charged, but in a good way.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet but my twelve year old DD saw it with a friend and, of course, they thought it was wonderful. They have read all of the books.

I've read all of the books as well (and I've also seen the first three movies) and I found they were surprisingly good. The books have more humor, more detail and the characters are deeper than in the movies (but that is true about the Harry Potter series as well). Honestly, I think that some people go to these movies and deliberately vote them low on IMDB just to goad the fans.

According to my daughter, the one real horror scene was the birthing scene. LOL - Definitely a pregnancy turn-off.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I am so thankful my daughter isn't into this....I'm not sure it's age appropriate and I'm just glad we don't have to have that battle :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Actually it's quite moralistic in many respects. For example, the two main characters absolutely won't have pre-marital sex. The "good" vampires never attack humans (in fact, they protect humans). And Edward actively resists turning Bella into a vampire and worries a lot about his and her souls. A major part of the story is about restraint. Also both Bella and Edward are outstanding students and love literature.

But of course everyone is a little different in the standards that they set for what their kids are allowed to see and do. :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer you're scaring me. LOL

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just watched this movie yesterday on DVD. I don't know if I would've understood some of it, if I hadn't read the books. And wow, I had read the baby's name right. So what's the next movie going to be about? Jacob's unnatural fascination with Renesme? And I suppose, Bella showing off her new powers.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw a trailer for the new movie, Breaking Dawn, pt.2. It actually looks pretty interesting. The volturi seem to have an interest in Renesme, who is growing rapidly.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finally saw Breaking Dawn, pt. 2 last night. Hubby even watched it with me. It was okay. The vampire war was very violent.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Part 2 was much better than Part 1. The ending was quite clever.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: