TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through October 29, 2011 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Josh Brolin may play the lead in the OldBoy remake(Spike Lee will direct).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Johhny Depp might play Carl Kolchak from the tv series "Night Stalker"

Callasin

06-21-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
The trailer for Dark Knight Rises will be on the Harry Potter movie Friday.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
YAY!!!!! Evil Dead is being remade!!! And Sam Rami and Bruce Campbell are doing it!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Disney stops production on The Lone Ranger.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
79% of the Glee3D audience is female and 66% is under 25 y/o

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So, you're telling me I'm one of few old fogeys to see Glee 3d?! :-)

BTW, we loved it. Wish we lived in a city the tour came to so we could have seen them sing live.

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I want to see the GLEE concert/movie, but I can't watch 3D without getting a wicked bad migraine. Is it also showing in 2D at the theaters?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately it only seems to be in 3D. Hopefully they will release it on DVD.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Possible spoilers for Zombieland:

I started to watch Zombieland the other night but it was really late and I had to go to bed. I'd wanted to see it when it was in theaters but was afraid of the gore factor. Now, having seen the beginning, I HAVE to see the rest of this movie. I heart Jesse Eisenberg's genial everyguy and Woody Harrelson was hilarious.

Columbus (Eisenberg): [in voice-over] You see, He was in the ass-kicking business and...
Tallahassee (Harrelson) : [Tallahassee, in flashback, rounds corner holding two chainsaws and wearing a welding mask, flips mask up] ... business is *good*!

I wasn't happy with Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin's characters so far but hope they redeem themselves later in the film. I got to the part where they went to certain movie star's mansion. I'm pretty sure I know who it's going to be since I've seen Kingpin more than once but I hadn't known he was in this film. Maybe everyone else knew that though. If it is Bill Murry and if I'd known that back then, I'd probably have braved this in the theaters.

P.S. The clown under the lavatory door scared me more than the zombies did!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Josh Brolin to play lead in Oldboy remake.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is apparently well made but more a character study than plot driven.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is there something strange going on with the new "At the Movies"? The past few weeks they have only been showing vintage shows from the 70s and 80s. I noticed that a lot of movie makers were only allowing Roger to screen movies and not the two new kids, so I was wondering if that was the problem. Does anybody know why they haven't been doing any new movie reviews for the show?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought they were just taking time off or something like that. Then again they've stopped showing it in my area.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Naja, I saw something posted about this, maybe on Roger's site. They take the summer off and the weeks that PBS does all those pledge drives because the schedule gets so out of whack with all of the "pledge drive" stuff. Also, since they are on PBS, it's a funding issue. Also, summer is not the best time for new movies. So, they take summer off and have been airing a few "old" shows for fun. They expect to be back in the fall with new reviews.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so sorry you guys. For some reason I thought I had posted this in the TV area.

Yeah, that makes sense that it's for the summer break. But surely the summer break is over since it's now October, and this last weekend's show was a behind the scenes show without any reviews again. Really, I was hoping for this show to be reviews.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My DVR picked up a show, but I haven't watched yet. So, this means to me that it's back on the schedule regularly because my DVR didn't record one all summer! I'm hoping for new reviews soon too.

I picked up Roger's memoirs, but haven't started reading yet. I figure once I start I won't be able to put it down, so need to make sure I have the time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, it was new shows all summer long every week, but they what they did was make new shows of Ebert's classic reviews from the 70s and 80s, with the new hosts acting as narrators. All the shows all summer on Saturday were labeled as new for the DVR...On my Tivo as well as my comcast DVR.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think my PBS station messed with their schedule so much that my comcast DVR never picked it up. :-( I only caught one of them, and that's because I searched for it. The cable DVR missed them all!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
DD's went to see Phantom of the Opera (filming of Broadway production) last night at the movie theatre. I couldn't make it but will see it when it returns on Oct. 22nd. Girls said the theatre was packed which it also was when we saw Les Mis a few months back. I would love if tptb take notice of the public interest and bring other broadway productions to local screens. Not as good as seeing it live but miles ahead of not being able to see it at all. I know these two were special (25th anniversary celebrations) but I would pay the same ($20) to watch a newer play as well. We do get a fair bit of Opera but I have never gone so not sure about the attendance for those.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Take Shelter will be here next week. I kinda want to see it but am afraid it will disturb and distress me too much.

The book The Big Year is really good (well, so far, I haven't finished it yet) and the movie review in USA Today was kinda promising but today I see the Rotten Tomatoes rating is not very kind to the film. I still might drag us to see it though, if only for the scenery and, besides, how often do movies about competitive birdwatching come along?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Take Shelter got good reviews on Eberts new PBS show. Both reviewers liked it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Redbox DVD prices to increase by $0.20

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
It's Kind of a Funny Story starring Kier Gilchrist, Emma Roberts and Zach Galifianakis. Hard to find intelligent movies targeted to teenagers, I recommend this one. Nice story, understated acting (especially Zach, I was impressed having only seen him in the original Hangover film).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I keep missing it when it's on the movie channel. I'm going to have to go to On Demand and watch it. I've been wanting to.