TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through July 12, 2011 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
An upcoming movie featuring Colin Firth is Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy. Due out the last quarter of the year.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
I recall hearing one time, that if the F word is mentioned more than once in a movie, it automatically gets an "R" rating.

IMO, an R rating for "The King's Speech" is quite harsh.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I see it the same way Brenda.

If the word was used (for example) towards a child in an emotionally charged or threatening scene then I could perhaps see the rating for even a single use. It's about context. I would hate to see the word removed to change the rating, agree with Firth that it is appropriate to the scenes. Also too bad that American teenagers won't be able to see a film of this quality (until home DVD is released) while so much other crap is an option for them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Brenda and Rissa. The shite that kids are allowed to see sometimes boggles the mind, but an R rating on a beautiful, inoffensive and educational film like this... SMH.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Here's a blog / column about Roger Ebert's new movie review show with comments about it. Most everyone wishes Roger well with the show. One of the two on-air critics in particular does leave something to be desired.

Link

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
In the age of DVR's it's pretty easy to find a show and set up a series recording. I hope that gives Ebert's show a chance. Funny thing is that I like the guy reviewer better than the lady so far!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone seen "Up in the Air" with George Clooney? Any good?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Up in the Air is good. It's a drama, kind of a midlife crisis kind of drama. And you see people being laid off which nearly made me cry. (Some of them were played by real people who had been laid off.) I think Clooney nailed the role.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Brenda! :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Saw "Never Let Me Go" today. Not sure what to think of it. Anybody else see it?

Kc103

07-13-2004

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
Finally saw "An Education" the other night. I really enjoyed the music, style and vibe of the movie. Great acting too. The plotline at the end was tied up pretty quickly though.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Blockbuster in my city closed.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
All of the Blockbusters I know of near me have closed. I always find it interesting what businesses come and go in the same locations. Of the three Blockbusters nearest to me, one is now a GameStop. One is opening soon as a paint store. One is now a restaurant. People still need to buy paint and food at actual locations, I give the GameStop a year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I have a question that it for JUST horror movie fanatics.

Which one should I see after my doc appt this week? (The big theatre is right next to doc's place and both movies are playing)

Should I see "Insidious" or "Scream 4"?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Insidious may startle you(it did me). Not planning on seeing Scream 4.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Guess who's doing a cameo on the "21 Jump Street" movie.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Holly R? DeLuise? It certainly can't be Johnny!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
it certainly can & is!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Well, I'm shocked and very pleased! He used to talk about Jump Street with such animosity toward the show and the character. I guess maturity has changed that. Loved that show mostly due to him. That show created many fans of his. And we still are fans!

I got a DVD of the old 21 Jump street. It felt pretty dated, but was fun to see them all again. It was my favorite show when it aired.}

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It appears that David Fincher is going to direct "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" Rumor hints at an unknown actress being sought for the title role.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Coming soon is Titanic in 3D!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Human Centipede 2 is banned in Britain!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
If you live near a major city, you should try to catch the release of the film version of the Lincoln Center's spring production of Steven Sondheim's amazing musical Company. It's going to be playing on fewer than 300 screens and only from tomorrow through, I think, Sunday, but I'm sure it will be great.

Company is one of the 3 or 5 best musicals in the history of musicals IMO (Gypsy, West Side Story are the others that come immediately to mind) and this has an all-star cast. From Playbill:
The production, which co-starred Emmy winner Neil Patrick Harris as perennial bachelor Bobby and Tony and Olivier winner Patti LuPone as the cynical, boozy Joanne, will have an average ticket price will be $18.

Directed by Lonny Price with choreography by Josh Rhodes, the cast also featured Martha Plimpton (as Sarah), Tony winner Anika Noni Rose (as Marta), Jim Walton (as Larry), Jon Cryer (as David), Craig Bierko (as Peter), two-time Tony winner Katie Finneran (as Amy), Christina Hendricks (as April), Aaron Lazar (as Paul), Jill Paice (as Susan), Jennifer Laura Thompson (as Jenny) and Chryssie Whitehead (as Kathy).

Alexa Green, Fred Inkley, Rob Lorey and Jessica Vosk comprised The Vocal Minority, and ensemble members included Callie Carter, Ariana DeBose, Sean Ewing, Ashley Fitzgerald, Lorin Latarro and Lee Wilkins.
And Playbill doesn't even mention Stephen Colbert! It has Stephen Colbert, too!

Here's where you can buy tickets and it has the cities it's playing in....more than I thought.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Can you say Toy Story 4 boys and girls? Well Tom Hanks can.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The first poster for The Dark Knight Rises is out.(alledgedly) Happy hunting :-)