TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Rise of the Planet of the Apes users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Not too shabby.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
glad to hear that, Im really looking forward to this! saw a marathon of the old ones last month and I was impressed at how well the makeups still look today....some 70s movie makeup looks really fake by todays standards but this movie was so ahead of its time. Amazing since they kept getting lower and lower budgets

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
How many are there? I only saw the first one (eons ago) and loved it. I'd like to see this one.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
4 maybe 5? and then they did a tv series which I dont remember watching...it was great marathon with Roddy Mcdowell giving lots of behind scenes trivia Loved it!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Great I probable see next week

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
5 original movies

The Planet of the Apes
Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Escape From the Planet of the Apes(some really funny scenes in this one)
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes(the closest parallel to the current movie, but not really that close as I understand it)
Battle for The Planet of the Apes

They are well worth anyone's time to watch them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The original with Charleton Heston was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I had a Planet of the Apes t-shirt, a board game, and still have a record and story book.

The original is still my favorite. Those other 4 from the 70's are not as good and some are a bit ridiculous, particularly Beneath. I found Escape to be sad and maddening. Conquest is probably closest to the New movie as far as trying to give an explanation for how it started, but I think the new movie does a better job, gives a more reasonable explanation, and I really like that about the new movie.

DD, 9, and I saw the new movie and both of us liked it. I hope they make more!

Oh, and I did see the original remake with MArky Mark, but I don't remember much about it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved this!!! everything about it. I did tear up a few times.
I have never seen the remake of Planet of Apes, is it worth renting?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the only problem I have is that this Ceasar cant be any of the characters from the original. Ceasar was Cornelus and Zira's son but this Ceasar's mom was killed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see this! Every so often AMC does a marathon of the original 5 movies and I watch it every time. I wasn't too thrilled with the remake with Mark Walberg at all.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I just kind of figured that Ceasar was a name they reused often, after their first leader. Like George for us. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I looked back through my notes regarding the remake in 2001-- I wrote "pales to the original, but visually interesting" and gave it 7 out of 10. The original would get a 10 out of 10.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh cool, ty Brenda!!!! LOL your explaination about the name works for me :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We watched this last night and I was prepared to just think it was okay but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The scene on the Golden Gate Bridge was great.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw this for the first time a few days ago.

It didn't remind me of any of the original movies, other that the classic lines and names of the apes. "Cornelia" and "Maurice".. nice. And of course Caesar...the perfect name for King.

The closest parallel was Caesar's transformation from a sweet, somewhat innocent being to a revolutionary military leader. That happened in both "Conquest" and "Rise".

Andy Serkis' portrayal as Caesar was second to none, with all due respect to Roddy McDowall.

Absolutely loved this movie. 10/10

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
This was my favorite movie of many I have seen lately. Fantastic special efects! Loved watching Baby Caesar swing aroung the house.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: