TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 15, 2011 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I wish I could have seen that interview. Maybe I'll try to find it on YouTube (probably not though, I don't like videos on the small screen and am not usually on a computer that can handle them anyway). I'd like to see what Bradley is like as a person instead of one of his characters.

I felt like DeNiro was barely in the movie. I know he is this huge star and all, but he's almost an afterthought for me when I think about Limitless.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Watched "Amelia" last night (about Earheart). The screenwriter might want to consider a new career. How can you take a movie about a woman with such an exciting life and compelling story, cast it with Hilary Swank, Richard Gere, and Ewan McGregor, and manage to turn it into a snoozefest of epic proportions? By 30 minutes into the movie I was looking forward to the inevitable conclusion.

Do not recommend. It's a maximum 2 out of 10.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yep,I tried to watch Amelia but just couldnt get into it.
Im watching "Mildred Pierce" on HBO-I guess that falls under the movie category,its a mini series. I like it so far,Im surprised they could stretch it out to a 5 part mini series. Boy that Veda is a wretched little girl.The actress plays the part well.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I love Mildred Pierce (Joan Crawford's version), I will watch the HBO version when it is available online or on video. Glad to hear you like it, Lakecat!

I watched "Secretariat" just a little bit ago and really really liked it. I wish it was a bit more about the horse and the racing industry and a bit less about the owner, and of course I knew how it ended, but I really liked it anyway. I'm a sucker for a pretty horse.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I give my highest recommendation to the movie "Mother" by the director of "The Host"

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Anyone else have thoughts on Paul??
KL, whats your score?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen "Paul"

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ok, ty! Im going to go by Happymoms advice and tell Dylan we will see Lincoln Lawyer today :-)

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
The Lincoln Lawyer was great in my opinion. It didn't hurt that Marisa Tomei is hot.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Glenn...she has aged very well :-) so has Matthew :-)

Dylan and I loved this movie!! 10! I liked it better than Limitless

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
DS and I saw Limitless today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer. It was well done.

If it comes to your theater see Win Win. It is a great movie.

I also saw Source Code this week. Did not want to see it but read outline of the film. It sounded good. Went to see it and enjoyed it.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Pamy did you see Paul. I want to see it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
No, I took Happymoms advice and will wait for dvd.

I saw the author of Lincoln Lawyer has a new book out about the lawyer...I would love another movie :-)

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Saw "The Tourist." Two thumbs down. Do not recommend.

Saw "I Love You Phillip Morris." Liked it, but then again I like Jim Carrey and Ewan MacGregor. The two of them making out was a helluvalot sexier (and more believable) than Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie doing the same thing. I laughed out loud at the last shot of the movie. The rest of the movie is both poignent and humorous at times.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
anyone see Arthur??? or Source Code??

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
My sisters saw Arthur, they said it's a matinee movie at best. One or two hee-haws, but nothing great.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'd like to see Arthur out of curiousity. LOL

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty GAL. I adored the first one and unless I hear this one is fantastic Ill wait for dvd.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
"Your Highness" = TERRIBLE

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I agree with GAL re: Arthur. We (four of us) pd $6 each because it started before noon, one of those tickets was free because we had a coupon and I also had a coupon for free L popcorn and drink. So for $18 four of us saw the movie and had snacks and that's pretty much what it was worth. Had it moments, didn't stink but Brand can't touch Moore's performance and except for Mirren the rest of the cast was very forgettable.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I was really surprised Mirren took that part. She has become *very* Hollywood. Go for the bucks, damn the quality. Very disappointing. Same thing with DeNiro.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we saw Source code...pretty good, didnt love ending, in fact Dylan and I wrote a much better ending on the ride home LOL

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
"Sunshine Cleaning" - do not recommend. 3/10 and that's only because Alan Arkin's in it (but not nearly enough). Amy Adams and Emily Blunt are good as per usual, but the story and script just aren't there.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I really liked the first Arthur too. I am not sure that I'll ever see this remake. I can't stand the icky Russell Brand.