TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rango

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Rango users admin

Jkm

07-10-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jkm a private message Print Post    
One of the worst I've ever seen, boring, not really for kids, most of the wit was aimed at adults... did laugh a couple of times but wanted to leave about half way through it... don't waste your money, even on dvd, wait for tv or just skip all together

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was actually fairly entertained by this film, but it's quirky and I don't think kids will get much out of it (although the 2 I took said they liked it). It's a throwback to old westerns and I think older men would pick up on most of the references, all of which will go over kids heads. I caught some of them. My favorite part was the dance and the classic song that played while they danced.

I enjoyed that the film has some depth, things to ponder. I like that it has cinematic references. I liked the artistry about it. There's really a lot I liked about it!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Sorry you didn't enjoy it Jkm.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
JKM I found the movie creepy and disgusting. Rango's character was funny, but the rest was just over the top. The critter with the uncircumsized penis for a nose, ack I couldn't even look at most of the creatures they were so nasty.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
All I saw was a nose! Not sure what film you were watching. LOL!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Ugh, it looked just like one, and moved all floppy like. A little boy in front of us even asked his mommy why the animal had a wiener on it's face.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Escapee, I think that was supposed to be a mole (the animal). They can be pretty disgusting looking, but I never thought of it as a penis. Yikes!

I agree with JKM. This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The beginning was cute and I love Johnny Depp, but a lot of the situations and creepy characters were not for children. I got bored about a 1/3 of the way thru the movie. Neither of the 10 years olds with us enjoyed it. Just awful. Blech!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I took Wendy and Gail (who are 11 and 9) and we all enjoyed it. We thought it was funny and clever but I can certainly see why it wouldn't be appealing to everyone and not for all ages.

FYI, I didn't see a penis but they seem to be a popular topic at TVCH these days. Reminds me of those old supposedly subliminal commercials where people saw stuff in ice cubes.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
One person's Blech!!! is another's !!!hcelB(opposite of Blech!!!)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: