TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 13, 2010 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No one has seen Sex and the City?

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have. It's a nice trip to see "old friends", so anyone who was a fan of the series and the first movie will probably enjoy it. I laughed a lot. But nothing really earth shattering happens. No really emotional moments. It's just a nice little film for fans. I really can't see them making a third. I think this may be it (and if box office is any indication.... this is it).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Submitted for your perusal http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45543

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Grandson and I are so excited because there are so many movies that we can go and see right now. We went to see Grown Ups - Adam Sandler and others - yesterday. Similar caliber to The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd. Lots of laughs.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
In 2013 two films about Bobby Fischer are slated to debut. "Bobby Fischer Goes to War" and "Pawn Sacrifices" Plan accordingly.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen "The Last Exorcism"? A friend of my daughter saw it and said it was a waste of her money-to wait until it came out on DVD. That it reminded her of "The Blair Witch Project". Hubby and I were gonna go see it, but now I'm not sure.

Marej

09-19-2002

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
"Flawless" with Demi Moore, Michael Caine and millions of stolen diamonds, set in 1960's London, currently on Showtime. I liked it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 10, 2010 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well I'll be darned...Look what's coming to PBS in 2011

Roger Ebert Presents At the Movies,” a weekly half-hour film review program, was announced today by its producers, Chaz and Roger Ebert. The program continues the 35-year-old run of a reviewing format first introduced by Gene Siskel and Ebert and later by Ebert and Richard Roeper.

It will return to its birthplace, launching nationally on public television with presenting station WTTW Chicago, where it began in 1975 as “Opening Soon at a Theater Near You” and then in 1976 as “Sneak Previews,” became the highest rated entertainment show in PBS history. The original format moved into syndication as “At the Movies” in 1982 with Tribune Entertainment and a quarter-century with Buena Vista Television.

The Eberts said the new program will air in January 2011, and in addition to reviewing new movies will expand into coverage of New Media, special segments on classics, on-demand viewing and genres, and an extended website. It will use the copyrighted “Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down”® format made famous by Siskel & Ebert.

You can read more at Eberts journal:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/....

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 10, 2010 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That will be wonderful, I'm looking forward to the show.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I thought Roger Ebert couldn't speak due to cancer surgery etc. Unless he has the same kind of device as Stephen Hawking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mame, the article says he will use his new computer voice (that he debuted on Oprah a few months ago). It also says he won't be in the chairs debating the show. The other hosts will do that. He will just have his own segment called "Roger's Office".

Snipet from Ebert's blog posted above:

"This is the rebirth of a dream," said Ebert, who partnered in recent years with Richard Roeper before cancer robbed him of the ability to speak. He said he will act as co-producer and employ a computer voice to appear on every episode with segments titled Roger's Office devoted to classic, overlooked and new films. He will not debate with the two co-hosts, he said: "They'll be awarding the Thumbs, and you can't have three Thumbs."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That is sooo cool, Naja. I met him several years ago. He seemed like such a sweet fella. So glad things are working out for him. He really deserves all good things. He's just so darned inspirational, isn't he?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I have always enjoyed him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy Ebert as well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Very thrilled for him. He is an inspiration -- has thrived and continued to do what he loved while battling cancer. I am excited for his show to come full circle, back to PBS where I first watched it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That will be nice. I still miss Gene Siskel. I can't believe what happened to them.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to this, too! I've been reading his blog pretty regularly for the summer, and he is such an eloquent writer and thinker. I'm glad to know his thoughts will continue to be heard!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw Dr Zhivago for the first time.I was a bit disappointed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed something funny today. I remember when I was younger, even if a movie was 2 or 3 years old, I thought of it as an older movie. This morning I realized I was thinking of a movie from 1998 as being "recent"...LOL

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Human Centipede 2 has been greenlit

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
1) Has anyone seen Winter's Bone?

2) How to Train Your Dragon comes out on home video next week. Yea!

3) The animation in Legend of the Guardians (or as we called it - the owl movie) is absolutely spectacular. The story's pretty standard, sort of a Gummi Bears meets Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars mix but it's enjoyable and I liked the mostly Australian cast. There was a computer animated Wile E. Coyote short before the movie. Unfortunately, it was not very good. Poor Wile E..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think I was the only one in the theater laughing during the Road Runner cartoon. :-)

I too found the animation stunning in "the owl movie". DD liked the story enough -- I thought it was pretty standard and kind of weak, but the visuals were lovely!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
RedBox has The Human Centipede

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
the trailer was enough to turn my stomach. where does sick stuff like this come from. Ugh.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
This one came from a suggestion on how to handle child molesters.