TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 13, 2010 users admin

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Friday, November 13, 2009 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
No way on me being angry Naja. I was just trying to get a clarification I guess.
Glad you got your answer. In fact, really glad, 'cause "Bloody Mama" sounds interesting to my macabre taste.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 13, 2009 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm so sorry my clues were very vague, Cwcoop. The only recollection I have of it is from when I was about 4 or 5 years old and I was supposed to be asleep with my baby brother in in the back seat of the car while my folks were at the drive-in. I was pretending to be asleep and peeking around the seat to see the movie. The only reason I knew it was 1970 is because my folks were divorced in '71 so no way were we all at the drive-in together that year. That's why I couldn't be more detailed.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Friday, November 13, 2009 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Shelly Winters and De Niro were in it! Wow. Not something you hear mentioned when a bio of De Niro is rattled off.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Looking for something weird? Research "The Human Centipede"

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, January 01, 2010 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I finally saw Lovely Bones with Susan Sarandon, Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, etc. It's not a happy story, but parts of it were incredibly beautiful. Unfortunately, despite Tucci's great acting, Peter Jackson is, I think, an emotional adolescent who can't handle adult themes so the film ended up being just awful. Sarandon is weird in the film--she plays a grandmother who drinks too much, and she isn't very good in the role--and Mark Wahlberg does well with what he has, which isn't enough.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Friday, January 01, 2010 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I heard this film was a mess, a huge disappointment for those that loved the book. That's too bad. I love Sarandon and Wahlberg can be good too.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Saw Pan's Labyrith today. I thought there was more to it. More creatures or something. It was alright.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recall feeling the same way. I wanted more of the fantasy part if I recall correctly. I do remember thinking the film was very sad and wishing it hadn't been so sad. It was not a good sad, almost a "wish I'd never seen that" sad.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've tried watching Pan's Labyrinth over and over again because of positive reviews and I've never gotten all the way through it.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Tish, my Daughter was dying to see The Lovley Bones, so we went yesterday....Both of us have read the book and I would almost mimic your review.....It really did not follow the book (well some parts) so in some ways I felt like I was watching a diff movie....but I did not Hate it......It was alright, the special effects were kinda cool, sorta made me feel like I was back in 1974.... the yr I graduated from HS so they did a pretty good job at catching that.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Chew, I scratched it off my list {sigh}. The book is one of my all-time favorites and the commercials just seem like the director completely missed the point. Ebert wrote (as part of his review): I hope it's not faithful to the book; if it is, millions of Americans are scary. LOL

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Rissa, maybe one day you can rent it, I only went cause my daughter was dying to see it and Ill do anything for a date with her...lol.
but it really could not compare to the book at all......they botched that....
.... and SO much was missing.... but like I said...it was 'alright'..

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Rissa, maybe one day you can rent it, I only went cause my daughter was dying to see it and Ill do anything for a date with her...lol.
but it really could not compare to the book at all......they botched that....
.... and SO much was missing.... but like I said...it was 'alright'..

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched The Hangover last night and it was hilarious!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
question - I noticed that a lot of movies coming out are delayed on Netflix.

Example: Sherlock Holmes became available today 3/30 but it is not available on Netflix until 4/20.

Anyone know why? I never noticed this lag time before.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just did a Sandra Bullock mini movie marathon over 2 days...Blind Side, All About Steve, and The Proposal.

I have to say, I don't get why "the press" thinks All About Steve was so awful. I thought The Proposal was much less entertaining. Since I am such a big Sandra fan, I really enjoyed all 3 movies, but I'm just sayin' the Steve movie was no worse than the Proposal. As a matter of a fact, I thought it may have been more fun and silly.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, Warner Bros. (and now maybe other movie producers, distributors, whatever) aren't allowing DVDs to go out for rental until about a month after they're available for sale. They figure they're losing sale income due to immediate rental availability. I don't think that's true. You either plan to buy it or not --when it's available for rental has nothing to do with it. Although, you might rent a movie you did't see on the big screen and then decide you do want to buy it. In that case, they're delaying possible sales. Delayed rental release doesn't matter much to me, but could be irritating for some. The practice by Warner Bros., etc. started just a month or two ago.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Joss Whedon to direct Avengers

Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly" and "Dollhouse," not to mention one of the biggest geek icons in Hollywood, has been tapped to direct the "Avengers" movie, Variety reports. Commence dance of joy in 5, 4, 3...

But seriously, this is probably one of the smartest moves Marvel Studios has made in its short history - yes, even smarter than hiring Jon Favreau to direct "Iron Man."

"The Avengers," for the uninitiated, is Marvel Comics' supergroup of heroes, in this case consisting of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Hulk. In short, it is potentially the Marvel Comics superhero movie to end all Marvel Comics superhero movies.

The article also talks about some of the casting that is already done. I am a HUGE!!!! Whedon fan, this is great news.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Naja, ITA about the Proposal and All About Steve.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Up in the Air. I really liked it :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I just watched a movie called A Life Less Ordinary. It is quirky and funny, a romantic comedy kind of. Not that great, but good entertainment if you want something light and funny and weird, crazy. It is from 1997 and stars Cam Diaz, Ewan McGregor, and Holly Hunter.

Spelll

09-16-2005

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
I just watched a great thriller called "Edge of Darkness" with Mel Gibson. PLOT: As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.

A really good movie in my opinion.

Spelll

09-16-2005

Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
Hot Tub Time Machine = funny movie. Just watched it. :-)

Spelll

09-16-2005

Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
I might add though... adults only.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I liked Edge of Darkness too.