TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 06, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 06, 2010 users admin

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Monday, January 04, 2010 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched Orphan over the weekend. It has been a long time that a movie surprised me with a twist. After the end, I told DH "I didn't see THAT coming". LOL!
Also saw Inglorious Basterds. It was pretty good. I liked the story and the concept alot.
I also watched Milk. I had not seen it before. What a wonderful movie. Sean Penn was really, really good.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Paranormal Activity just came out last week. I watched it with both endings, and it's not really my style, but it was pretty scary at some points.

I liked the Basterds movie, too. Seems no one else I know liked it very much.

Re: STARDUST...I love that movie. DeNiro is superb in his role, and did you notice the goat that got turned into a man was Arthur Weasley(or at least the actor that played him)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw a movie that's new to me, but not necessarily new. It was called "Let The Right One In". It's a Swedish movie about a 12 year old boy who's being bullied at school, and then he gets a new neighbor in the form of a 12 year old girl. However, as the girl herself says in the film, "I'm 12, more or less", and "I am 12, but I've been 12 for a very long time." So the bullied boy and the vampire girl become friends, and the story goes from there. It's a very different tale of a vampire, and it's entertaining. It was made in 2008, but set in 1982. I recommend it. There are a few disturbing scenes that you wouldn't want younger kids to see, so beware.

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope....I too thought DeNiro was GREAT as the pirate. I recognized the goat guy but couldn't place him. What has he been in?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Miz, he's in the Harry Potter movies as the Weasley patriarch.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've heard good things about "Let the Right one In" but have yet to see it. It's been in my netflix queue for a long time. Maybe some day.

My daughter and I watched Stardust, and I think she found it a bit scary in a few parts, but she really liked it and still talks about that movie (while most movies are easily forgotten).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw 500 Days of Summer on Rogers on Demand and absolutely loathed it. Not my cup of celluloid.

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
LOL Mame. DH gave up on it about half way through. I stuck with it and thought it redeemed itself in the end. I've never seen a movie like it before, so that was exciting.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Let the Right One In is on youtube. I thought it was alright.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'd heard about this some time ago. Guess it has been going for a while. Warner Bros. Archives. They "print" DVDs to order from their archives. I ordered a couple. Years ago I saw movie Men Don't Leave on tape. Have been wanting to see it again (DVD). It's in the archives. And then for those old enough . . . pilot episode (TV movie) for Then Came Bronson from '69. Michael Parks and Bonnie Bedelia on a motorcycle. Aaaaaah. Those were the days.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Pandorum is out now. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be an outer space horror story.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Law Abiding Citizen came out this past Tuesday,I really liked it Jamie Fox & Gerard Butler.Good Movie.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I just watched Law Abiding Citizen. I thought it was excellent. Foxx and Butler were perfect adversaries, and Butler's character perfectly morphed from a sympathetic character to something much different.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, February 19, 2010 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope I agree,I'm not a huge Jamie Fox fan but I really liked him in this.And Gerard Butler was great!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Couple of new movies to check out on DVD:

Daybreakers, starring Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, and Sam Neill. It's about a future world where a virus has turned most of humanity into vampires. It's a pretty good story, and sets up for a sequel if they want to do one.

Legion, starring Paul Bettany. I've rented this, but haven't watched it yet. Looks very biblical.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
We watched Lovely Bones last weekend and it was pretty good. It reminded me a little of What Dreams May Come.

I read the book a long time ago and don't remember a dang thing that was in the movie except for the name of the little girl. I even thought that they actually found her in the end. I guess I will have to read it again. But all in all, it was a good movie. Wasn't what I was expecting, but still good.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Finally watched Legion. Mixed feelings about it, but overall I have a positive feeling. I checked some review sites, and most didn't like it.

It is a Christian biblical story, involving an order from God, and then archangel Michael disobeying. Michael comes to earth to protect a human that's been marked for death, and legions of angels, including archangel Gabriel, descend to earth to carry out God's command, only to find the human in question protected by Michael and a ragtag band of humans, which include Dennis Quaid, Charles Dutton, Tyrese Gibson, Kate Walsh, and Lucas Black.

I enjoyed the movie for the most part, but there could have been more character development, and an explanation as to "why" the particular human in question was so important. There's an intriguing theory about that, but I won't spoil here.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just received and watched The Wolfman, starring Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, and Emily Blunt. It was a good story, but it could have been much better with a different twist.

The alternate endings presented were semi-intriguing. If you saw the original ending, just imagine the gunshot not happening, or the gunshot happening after a bite.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just rented "From Paris With Love". Very fast paced shooting/speeding cars type movie but the story had a bit substance. Also John Travolta plays a character that isn't like his usual ones. Worth checking out if you have nothing to watch. Latey there is nothing on TV and this type of movie isn't really my genre but it is my husbands so I watched it for Travolta and was pleasantly surprised.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Saw a couple of movies this week, LOVE Redbox!!

Law Abiding Citizen was EXCELLENT!! Haven't seen a really good thriller in a long time and this was it!

Alice in Wonderland was really good. Kinda wish I went to see it in the theaters though. There was too many poking at the eyes thing in it which freaked me out a little. I hate seeing things getting their eyes poked out in movies.

Saw Precious again which has been out for awhile now and I saw it in the theaters. But I think it was better watching this one at home then out. Still was good and it reminded again that Monique really did earn that Oscar.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
oooo...I've got Law Abiding Citizen in my DVD player at the moment. Hoping to watch it tomorrow when I get home from work. :-)

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Travolta but do not love To Paris with Love. On paper it probably looked great but he has no chemistry with his partner

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, June 18, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Wolfman was predictable.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Green Zone, starring Matt Damon...Lightning Thief...Hot Tub Time Machine...The Crazies...all out over the last few weeks. I've only seen HTTM, which I found very funny and a bit outrageous at times. The other 3 are on my Netflix list.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Watched "A Single Man" today. Not too shabby :-)