TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 04, 2010 users admin

Tvfreak

04-09-2008

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvfreak a private message Print Post    
Legally Blondes is out on DVD fairly recently, it's the third installment in the Legally Blonde franchise. If you want to preview before you invest, they are showing it for free on ABC Family Aug 2nd at 8pm. It's definitely cute if you're looking for light, fluffy fare...and the twins are a nice Elle-like addition.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, August 03, 2009 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
"I Hate Valentine's Day"

Fun movie by the same people who brought you "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

I whole heartedly recommend both these series. Round was done several years ago and Down is fairly recent. Such exciting adventures. I'm now in the middle of Down. They just had close encounters with the wild mountain gorillas of Rwanda.

Rissa

03-20-2006

Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I absolutely LOVED 'Long Way Round' and couldn't wait for the next episode to air. 'Long Way Down' left us a bit cold, maybe because Ewen and Charley no longer had the newbie air about them but also because all the support they had around them got much more on-air coverage. Mishaps seemed to be more inconvenience than anxiety causing. But after these two Charley did one on his own.... "By Any Means':

(Charley Boorman has arranged himself a new challenge: he must travel from his home town in England all the way to Sydney, Australia, and he must use any means available to reach his destination, including steam train, horse, boat, kayak, motorcycle, and tuk-tuk.)
I have been avoiding buying the book in the hope that the DVD makes it to this side of pond soon but if it doesn't soon I will have to settle for reading not watching.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Orphan, G.I. Joe, and Pelham 123 were released today. I got Orphan from Netflix today and watched it. It was so good, it gives me hope for the psychological thriller genre going forward. Little Esther's "secret" just makes me want to re-watch it again looking for clues.

Scout

01-20-2005

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I heard Orphan was really good. I'd forgotten that was coming out soon.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
lycan...i loved that movie when i saw it in the theater. brings back memories...i honestly had no idea that was the ending. definitely different than anything i've seen.

Scout

01-20-2005

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I didn't guess Little Esther's secret - thought it was something completely different. It was definitely a suspenseful thriller.

Now I guess I know why there was an uproar from foreign adoption agencies about this movie - although considering the story, their objections weren't really relevant.

The little girl playing Max was wonderful.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Watched G.I. Joe and Pelham 123 this week. Both were entertaining in their own way.

G.I. Joe would've benefitted from a better lead actor, but the action scenes were fun.

Pelham 123 had two lead actors that could carry even a weak script, but this was a strong effort all the way around. It's a Tony Scott movie, and I love all of his movies.

Regarding Orphan, I was amazed that the little girl playing Max was spot on with all of her reactions. She was just so young. Also, props to the actress playing Esther, and to Vera Farmiga as the mother. All were superb performances.

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
You're right - Vera Farmiga was really good, too. There's something about her that just seems so real.
I don't think I've seen her in anything else except "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas". She was excellent in that as well.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
My DVD player just crashed. Won't recognize any discs. Going out tommorrow to get a new Blu-Ray/DVD player.

Farmiga was in the new version of Running Scared, and she's in the new Clooney movie, too. She's steppin' up.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just watched 500 Days of Summer. Two big thumbs up. Made me want to fall in love, made me want to cry. I could just feel myself smiling through much of the film. Very charming, very unique in the realm of romantic comedy. I really enjoyed it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Never heard of it, but now you've piqued my interest about it.

Westtexan

07-16-2004

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westtexan a private message Print Post    
Orphan looks like a horror film and I don't do horror. From reading these reviews, I now wonder if I'm wrong. I'm a big wuss and can't/won't handle scary movies that keep me up at night. However, I love a good suspense like Sixth Sense. So should I see Orphan or not? And if you steer me wrong, I'll need your phone number so I can call you up in the middle of the night so you can convince me there really isn't anything under my bed or in my closet.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
LOL. I haven't seen the movie but from the trailers I also thought it was a horror, or at best a psychological thriller.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
"Orphan is being marketed as a horror movie, but that's misdirection. It's more of a standard thriller in the "evil amongst us" mode, about a group of people who inadvertently admit a psychopath into their midst." ..... "It would be harder to find a more dark and joyless thriller on the market than this one."

From one of my favorite reviewers. He did not like the film (You can search for his review under the O's)
http://www.reelviews.net/master.html

You can also find his review of (500) Days of Summer. Search for "(500)".

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I've seen Orphan. I think maybe it was a good movie, but I didn't really like it...it was interesting though. This movie kept me thinking about it for a long time after. Anyway, it is not a horror movie.

West...it may keep you up at night...maybe not though.

Brenda, I am definitely looking forward to 500 days, thanks for posting about it! I love happy movies!

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I would describe 500 Days of Summer as a happy movie. It has a lot of different emotions. I hope you enjoy it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
How could Bradley Cooper and Sandra Bullock read the script for All about Steve and think it was funny enough to sign up to star in it?? I am about 30 min into this movie and it's horrible

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
It's not 'new' on CD but I thought I would let you guys know about 2 movies that were pretty good for both me and my husband. I find it hard to find a movie we both can enjoy and both of these kept us happy.

Duplicity- With Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Romantic comedy with a litte action but no violence.

The Ugly Truth- Kathering Heigl & Gerard Butler. A romantic comedy that actually had us BOTH laughing. This story has been done before and is predictable but the situations are pretty funny. Also for the ladies, there is some really nice eye candy, forget his name, he was on "Days of Our Lives" a long time ago.

Anyway, just thought I would share my good find.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen Duplicity, but my two oldest sons and I watch The Ugly Truth a few days ago, and we all enjoyed it and laughed through it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
When I saw Duplicity at the movies when it came out, my galpal and I agreed it was a boring disappointment, and waste of our money. But I like Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler and the comments here, so I'll check out The Ugly Truth if shows up on our pay movie channel.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Eric Winter (Rex the twin from DOL) is the one who's in Ugly Truth.

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Monday, January 04, 2010 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mame...had I seen Duplicity in the theater I would probably be disappointed but for a DVD I found it entertaining enough and was good for both guys and girls in my opinion.

Another find I just watched last night, but it's a bit older too but really held my attention was:

STARDUST: Released in 2007, it is an adventure/fantasy movie and it took me about 15 minutes into the movie to get sucked in but once in I wanted to see it to the end. I think it's a great family movie but not really for really little ones, maybe 10 and older. Actors in it included: Claire danes, Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro. Some of the special effects were really neat and there were quite a few laughs too.

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Monday, January 04, 2010 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Teach...yes....Eric Winter....wowsers! Yumm yumm!! They had him with his shirt off quite a few times!!! lol Bit too much of a pretty boy for me but when he was on DOL I had a crush on him.