TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 22, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 22, 2009 users admin

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didn't read the book and enjoyed both of them in the roles. I have seen better love stories AND better vampire movies but this held my interest and I really liked the characters, it left me wanting to know more about them.

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
Slumdog Millionaire out on next Tuesday. I'll be picking up my copy.

Crzndeb

07-26-2004

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Crzndeb a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I would watch the movie first, then read the book. The book is so much more detailed and gets into the characters so much more. I still liked the movie, just had preconceived visions of the characters. Rob Pattinson is definitely HOT, though.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the Twilight movie. While at first I didn't appreciate the casting because they weren't quite what my mind envisioned (except for Carlisle and Billy, who seemed right to me from the first), I grew to understand why they were all chosen and changed my mind. The books are still better, but the movie was done well. And Brenda, I agree with Deb. It's fine on this one to watch the movie first since it basically just keeps to the framework. But don't miss out on the books!

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, April 03, 2009 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Let The Right One In. A better vampire movie. A better romance movie.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".

Brilliant, Amazing, Disturbing, Haunting.

This movie will stay with me a long time.

Tvfreak

04-09-2008

Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvfreak a private message Print Post    
What about new to tv? My Fake Fiance is on April 19th to ABC Family and looks adorable. Especially if you were a child in the 80's/90's like myself and adore the Joey Lawerence/Melissa Joan Hart pairing.

Reviews are good!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, April 27, 2009 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I saw Australia today. Started poorly but finished quite well :-)

Boberg

10-04-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
"Closing The Ring" with Shirley McClain recently released on DVD.

Sort of The Titanic, meets Pearl Harbor, meets The Notebook movie. I really enjoyed it.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
If i buy "My Bloody Valentine" on Dvd, what happens to the 3D side of it on my TV?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've never tried it on tv, Big, but if you take your 3D glasses off during a 3D movie you see a double image (that's where the 3D comes from) and it's not pleasant to watch.

Are they selling a non-3D dvd, or do they give you 3D glasses with the 3D dvd? If they give you 3D glasses I think you get a reasonable (but nowhere near as good as movie) 3D image on the tv.... but I'm not entirely sure as the 3D movie is polarised whereas they'd have to do it with colours if they did it on tv.

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
Run Fat Boy Run is out on DVD. DH picked it out and I am glad he did. It is really cute and funny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425413/

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Rented Frozen River a couple of weeks ago. We thought it was very good. It wasn't as dark as I thought it might be. Melissa Leo was deserving of her Oscar nod. (The Oscar that Kate Winslet didn't deserve for the Reader this year, IMO, all the other performance's were better and the roles more compelling)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought Valkyrie was pretty good.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Cwcoop,
Thanks for recommending Run Fat Boy Run.
We loved it! ITA that this was fun and adorable. This is a British comedy with Thandie Newton and Hank Azaria. I was surprised David Schwimmer directed it. He did a good job imo.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
"Taken" is on DVD now. Liam Neeson proved to be a badass, although he was trained by an SAS badass for this role. Good fighting action, and unrelenting will made this movie fun to watch.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed "Medea Goes To Jail" with Tyler Perry. I love him as Madea!

Rissa

03-20-2006

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Denecee, I recently got around to watching 'Diary of an Angry Black Woman' and I absolutely loved it except for when Madea was in the scene. It just seemed liked two different movies rammed onto one reel. One very serious and dramatic and then moments of farce. I liked Madea but felt she had gotten lost on the studio lot and wandered into the wrong film. LOL Is 'Madea Goes to Jail' the same? Or did Perry figure out the style he was going for and make the movie more consistant?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Hancock" just came to cable and I have to say I was sorely disappointed. Charlize Theron's role was the worst one. I just didn't like it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Naja! I absolutely loved Hancock, lol! bought it and watched it twice already.

Risa, Yes Madea movies always have a serious side to them. Madea goes to jail, is not near as serious to me as Diary of an Angrey Black Woman. Madea's family reunion is the same, love them all!

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
RSLover - glad you liked Run, Fat Boy, Run. We too thought The Schwim did a nice job directing.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
Run, Fat Boy, run is out on cable now. Will give it a watch thanks to RSLover's recommendation and a props from Cwcoop.

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
Big in japan: enjoy.
Finally saw "Taken" - DH and I both thought it was pretty good. We thought it would be predictable at first, and then it wasn't. We like surprises (as long as they are good.LOL)

We also watched "Doubt" that night. Very interesting movie.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed with Last Chance Harvey. Just expected more.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Watchmen is out this week. It's 2 hours 6 minutes long, but it's worth it. This is not a typical superhero flick. It's set in 1985, in an alternate universe, and has multiple flashbacks back from WW2 forward...it's complex, and you need to watch it closely to get everything, but if you do, it's very rewarding. It's basically a comment on humanity and the true savages that we are. Highly recommended.