TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 26, 2009 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
-Not The Heist, but The Bank Job-

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Executioner's Song, a very good TV movie from '82 with a 26-year-younger Tommy Lee Jones and Rosanna Arquette was released today on DVD. It's the director's cut. DVD of it (not director's cut) was released some years ago and has been OOP. I've got it and is next up on my "to watch" list.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Well I found this gem of a movie and loved it...

Under the same Moon...

Its sub-titles 'spanish'..I watched this last night and just loved it..... about a woman working illegally in the US to provide a better life for her son who remains back in Mexico....
I wont write more, just that it was very good.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Does the moon crash into the earth?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, October 13, 2008 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The Happening just came out. I watched it, and was fairly entertained. The deleted husband/wife argument that should have opened the movie was in the extras...that would have made many more of the the following scenes make much more sense. Stupid to leave that out.

Betty Buckley was awesome in her small role.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 13, 2008 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lycan, would you mind summarising the argument, maybe in a spoilerbox? We watched the movie but are unlikely to see the dvd so would otherwise probably remain uninformed...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I don't think a spoilerbox is rated, here.

Basically, it was the wife(Deschanel) telling Wahlberg's character that he was a good teacher because he was still a child. That she couldn't have a kid with him because she didn't feel he could protect his family. Basically, she de-nutted him with words. It was pretty brutal. After seeing that scene, I was pretty bewildered as to why he would care what happened to her. But I guess love trumps all, eh?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, thank you. I'm not remembering the movie well enough to know how much that would have made a difference. I seem to remember not caring much that she wasn't there!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Hancock came out last week, the 2nd Narnia and Wanted this week. I recommend all 3...at least for a rental.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am finally watching I am Legend...man this movie is sloooooowww and depressing!!! I am only half way thru and wish I hadnt started it. Hope it picks up

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Ghost Town yet? Is it worth putting in my Netflix queue?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It was on free tv here(Milwaukee market)last Saturday night. I didn't see it. Big help eh? :-)

Dannysgirl

08-09-2007

Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dannysgirl a private message Print Post    
Lexie - I just ordered it from my DVD club - I'll let you know!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Danny!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, January 16, 2009 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Lexie: watched Ghost town last night. I don't know if I was just tired from a long day of taxes, but it cracked me up, and gave me a few tearful moments at the end.

Really liked it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tero. I'm going to put it in my queue. I'm always happy to rent a comedy that is funny throughout the movie, as opposed to renting a dud and the only funny parts are what they show you in the trailer to suck you into seeing the movie.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, that is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine! I absolutley hate seeing all the funny bits or pretty much the entire plot of a movie in the trailers/previews. I stopped reading book jackets in their entirety years ago upon reading...when Susan is suddenly killed... WTH!!!
I was a book store manager at the time and had many customers tell me they hated the same thing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Sugar, movie trailers are one of my major pet peeves.

Dannysgirl

08-09-2007

Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dannysgirl a private message Print Post    
Lexie - I watched Ghost Town over the weekend. I thought it was just o.k. Some really cute/funny parts. Wish I would have rented instead of buying though.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Danny... so its worth keeping in my queue.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I just got an Alert from Amazon...one of my all time favorite British movies is finally being released on DVD on May 5 -- Enchanted April.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Enchanted April is a wonderful film!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Crzndeb

07-26-2004

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Crzndeb a private message Print Post    
I watched Twilight on Sun. The movie kept me entertained (read the books), but I just didn't think Kristin and Rob were very good actors in the parts of Edward and Bella. Just my opinion.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do you recommend reading the book first? I'm torn on whether to pick the book up and try to read it. I'm also not even sure I want to see the movie, but it seems to be a pop culture event so I thought I might.