TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 01, 2008 users admin

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I watched Bordertown over the weekend. The reviews were not good, but the movie sure brought the awareness of the murders in Juarez, Mexico to light.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I just saw Hairspray (love tivo). What a fun, upbeat movie. I'm sure I'll have the songs stuck in my head all night, but that's what I love about good musicals. This will be one show I'll be trying to talk my dad into producing at his high school so I can play piano for him! :-)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Things I Lost In The Fire?Or it could be Things We Lost In The Fire?I saw Halle Berry on Oprah the other day talking about this movie and was just curious if it was good?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I just saw Ratatouille. Very good film imo. :-)

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, April 25, 2008 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Juno, and Lars and the Real Girl are both out on DVD. I recommend them both, Highly!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 25, 2008 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm dyin' to check out Lars and the Real Girl...

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just finished Hairspray....I had no idea the storyline was about integration. Very good movie. I found myself smiling and bebopping throughout. Great casting.

I had to laugh that John didnt even try to make his voice sound girly. He cracked me up

Tvfreak

04-09-2008

Monday, April 28, 2008 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvfreak a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, Lars and the Real Girl is great!! It converted my SO into a Ryan Gosling fan. It's cute, adorable, and 100% endearing. Funny too.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Mictay, sorry for the lateness of my post, but I forget to check this area of the board, but i really liked Things We Lost in the Fire. I wasn't expecting to like it. I'm not much of a movie person but my DH is a certifiable movie freak. We actually watched this together!
I expected a "traditional" love story between Halle Barry's character and Benecio's character, and wasn't sure I'd find that believable. Why do they always cast a beautiful woman with a fugly man? (jmo about Benecio's looks - great actor) I was pleasantly surprised that it was a different kind of love story.
If you still haven't seen it, it's one of the few movies I'd recommend.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, May 02, 2008 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Hey thanks bluejax,i haven't rented any movies in a while,but i think i'll make a trip to the movie store soon.

Westtexan

07-16-2004

Friday, May 02, 2008 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westtexan a private message Print Post    
I have heard others talk about Benecio being ugly so you are certainly not alone, Bluejax; however, I find him sexy. I have only seen him in one movie, Traffic, and I guess there was something about that character he played. I also find Tommy Lee Jones appealing, always have, and I am aware that he really isn't attractive in the traditional sense but I find him attractive anyway.

Kc103

07-13-2004

Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I watched The Savages tonight. Laura Linney and Phillip Seymour Hoffman were outstanding in it. What a sad movie though. I'm sure that parts of it really hit home with so many people out there dealing with elderly parents. I found myself teary-eyed many times throughout it..thinking of my own father.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Anyone else see Grizzly Man?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
There Will Be Blood. Not my bottle of ketchup.

Kimsue

07-08-2005

Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kimsue a private message Print Post    
I watched Jumper with my kids today. I kinda enjoyed it.
Would love to have this kids ability. I would be rich and well traveled. I also would help those in need when I could. kinda like Robin Hood.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kl, yes, I've seen it. That's the true story . . . . Ewwwwww.

Blood is not always ketchup.

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Just purchased and watched Fool's Gold and the Bucket List last night. Both were light entertainment and made me laugh out loud.

Fool's Gold was like a remake of a pirate movie.
The Bucket List surprised me a little, because it wasn't exactly what I expected. That was good. Of course, you'll need a tissue before it's over.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Spiderwick and 10,000 B.C. are out now on DVD. FYI

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" I give it a very high recommendation. The only negative thing is it's hard to read the text imo. I had to pause and move close to my tv to read it. But that like all problems on earth are vastly insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Not sure how long it's been out but I watched Vantage Point the other day,my first thought when it was over was,I just wasted my time watching that.To me there wasn't really A plot,well there was but not very much IMO.Anybody else see it,i'm curious because my brother liked it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, from what I remember you don't have cable, but if you liked "In The Shadow of the Moon" Discovery are showing a miniseries on the Nasa missions. It was really interesting, six hours (minus adverts) called something like "When We Left Earth."

Here it is. I'd recommend it if you can rent it.
http://www.amazon.com/When-We-Left-Earth-Missions/dp/B001B1520A

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mictay, I was so disappointed with Vantage Point! I was really looking forward to it, it seemed such a novel idea, but they just didn't pull it together.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Kitt.

Neko

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
I know this one isn't new, but I just finished watching "Atonement."
I want to say that I liked it, but instead, I spent the entire movie just wanting to punch Briony in the face. LOL

The visuals were stunning though.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Stargate: Continuum & Lost Boys: The Tribe came out this week. Continuum is very good, The Tribe is okay, but only worth a rental rather than a purchase. The Ruins and The Heist came out last week, but I haven't watched them yet.