TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 25, 2008 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My kids used to love the BBC version of the books. I saw the first film and plan on going to see Prince Caspian.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Narnia: Prince Caspian thread

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
<Brenda1966> Apparently the Star Wars cow hasn't been milked enough. The animation looks creepy imo. Have you checked imdb.com?

Holly

07-22-2001

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Anyone know if and when "Mama Mia" the movie is coming out? I heard it was being made with Meryl Streep and (?) Pierce Brosnan.

Holly

07-22-2001

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I just found it. It'll be released July 08. Starring Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth (love him!) I loved the play so will catch the movie.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ketch, I'm just surprised Lucas went for an animated Star Wars. I guess he saw $$$. I do think there is a huge untapped market of pre-school aged boys. They love star wars but many of their parents won't let them watch the movies. So, perhaps a G rated animated one is the ticket for them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Holly, I saw the Mama Mia trailer this weekend, it looked really good. My dh, however, said "we're not seeing that!"

Holly

07-22-2001

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kitt, I watched the trailer this morning and I can see why he said that! But the stage show was just great--very, very "feel good." It took me by surprise by being set on the Greek Islands. Like the lead character, I spent a lot of time there in my youth, so could totally relate to her dilema . I'll have to google to see where it was filmed.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 26, 2008 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Don't forget to watch The Movie Preview Awards tonight.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else ever see "That Certain Summer" - a "B" or "C" movie I saw on cable years ago with Darryl Hannah and Peter what's his name (he was in While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock)? Good looking blue-eyed black haired guy? Gallagher? Anyway, I digress. This movie made me want to go to Greece in the very worst way...LOL! Of course that is probably when the thought of sunbathing nude on a beach didn't exactly make me run screaming into the distance.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Roxip, I have the DVD of it. I think it was Summer Lovers.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think you mean Summer Lovers! And yes, it made me want to go to Greece, but I recall it was a pretty bad film. :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I was thinking of seeing The Strangers this weekend but two things are giving me second thoughts-it's short(75-90 minutes)-and a reviewer was disappointed in the ending(it didn't sound very good to me either) He said just watch the trailer over and over.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, since I always call my pets and child by each other names I can't remember a movie name right...but I do remember the movie was bad and that I loved it and the scenery on the island in Greece. Both the island and the people were beautiful.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh my Gosh, I just watched one of the worst movies I have seen in a very long time on cable. "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (2007)".

I simply adore Kevin James and I was disappointed he agreed to be part of this garbage movie. I wish I would have checked rottentomatoes before I watched so I wouldn't have been expecting so much in the first place. They gave it 14%

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 13, 2008 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Took the daycare kids to see Kung Fu Panda today. Wonderfully animated and great fun. Some really funny lines.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
but I do remember the movie was bad and that I loved it and the scenery on the island in Greece. Both the island and the people were beautiful.

Exactly my feelings about Summer Lovers. I love the movie too. Bad as it may be, it's a good one.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just heard on radio news that Roger Ebert is "cutting ties" with movie review show on TV. Didn't say anything about his current health. Then said that Richard Roeper is also going to leave. Guess that is the end . . . .

Kc103

07-13-2004

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
Last night on the news I heard that the show wanted to re-sign Roeper, but they "couldn't come to an agreement." I'm sure he'll resurface somewhere else with another show. (On a side note, I sat next to Richard Roeper and his date at the last U2 concert I saw.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was reading about Ebert's recent anniversary and they said that he still could not speak. I'm glad that hasn't stopped him from writing though. I think he's truly mellowed with age. He used to be so much harder on movies.

I like Roeper but I rarely catch the show anymore. It's on around 5 or 6 here on a Sunday or something like that.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was on the first Ebert & Roeper and the Movies Film Festival at Sea cruise on the Disney Wonder in February 2001. Talked to them and got autographs.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had no idea Ebert did a movie cruise, on a Disney one no less!!! Talk about combining my two loves. How on earth did I miss this???

I, too, am glad that Ebert continues to write. I have not watched the show since he left. It's just not the same without him. Yes, he has softened as did Siskel when he was battling his illness.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that there may be a new project for Ebert & Roeper now that both will be departing the show. That would be great, if true. I do watch At the Movies if I come across it and also like Movie Mob. And I still miss Gene Siskel.

We went to a special 25th anniversary showing of WarGames tonight. The satellite feed went down for about 15 minutes but they got it back. I really enjoyed seeing this film again even though it still gives me the chills to think about any nuclear scenario.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I credit Ebert for really developing my love of movies. Watching Siskel and Ebert taught me so much and got me watching films I never would have known about.

Ebert wrote about the show here:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2008/07/the-balcony-is-closed.html

Wargames is one of those movies I have a hard time flipping by if I see it on cable. I just have to stop and watch. It's a film I loved as a kid and I think it holds up fairly well over time. I bet seeing it on the big screen again was a thrill.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, July 25, 2008 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
It was. I didn't even know about the special showing until Tuesday evening when we went to see The Dark Knight and there was a poster outside the theater advertising WG. I'm glad we went, it's been so many years since I saw this movie. They showed some interview clips before the movie and I finally made the name connection between Dr. Stephen Falken and Dr. Stephen Hawking.